Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Sonax Polymer Net Shield

So here is a quick review on this product.
    I wanted to give a little something over my EXOv2 to make sure it stays best it can over winter. I didnt want to lose the hydrophobic ability that EXO has and thats why i chose the Sonax as it seems to bead and sheet water with the same constancy as EXOv2.
    Application was pretty easy. I use a red Hex foam pad for application.
    I only sprayed a very little bit per section as a little goes a very long way. I cut up large areas into sections such as the hood and roof I split up in 4 so it wouldnt dry on me and make it a PITA to remove. Also for a 4door WRX sedan I did the front doors in 2 sections and rears in 1 since they are smaller. If it was a larger car I would probably split rear doors in 2 parts as well, I used the Snow Drift MF towel.
    They proved to be an excellent towel for removal of the product. I have read others had issues with removal or some smearing. These towels just wiped it clean off with no residue left behind.
    I am very pleased with how the application went and I think the car looks great.
    I got my Sonax and the red hex applicator from Autoality.com
    Quick video of Application
    Sonax Polymer Net Shield applied to my 2012 WRX - YouTube

Photos

Post Thanks / Like

re: Sonax Polymer Net Shield

Looks good !!
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

re: Sonax Polymer Net Shield

I use net shield standard on all my details for the wheels. Works awesome, super easy to apply and allows me to do one last touch up on the wheels as I seal them.
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    At $21.99 it will remain a secret to me.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sonax Polymer Net Shield

VaderGT -
    Glad you like Sonax Net Shield !

It has been an outstanding LSP for my Shop and has been my go-to product from now on.

Have not found any issues with it and the look is always consistently glossy with lots of little tight water beading that falls off and dries spot free.

On properly prepared, clean paint, it will feel "grabby" on the paint, and this is normal and not hurting anything in my experience.

Glad you are spraying the applicator lightly vs spraying a panel and then wiping it off.

The thinner you make the coat, the easier it is to wipe it off and the more product you save in the can.

Someone on this Forum on another mentioned that doing all the vertical panels first and the hood, top and trunklid last will be better if the sponge you are using is absorbing the product, because you can wring out the sponge onto the surface and spread it around as well..

This product is a truly awesome innovation that should do very well in the Market. I know I am buying and using it more than any other LSP out there today.

Thanks for sharing your great pics and video - you have a beautiful car !
    DanF

Post Thanks / Like

Looks amazing Vader. Sonax Polymer Net Shield is a product I definitely have heard great things about and want to try.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

First, Love your car and it look unbelievable!

That EXO v2 should take you through the winter. I applied it to me daily driver this weekend and it is super slick, if I had to top it with sonax I would be upset.

I will let you know how the EXO makes it thru a New York winter

Post Thanks / Like

The Subbie looks great, thank you for the review!

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

My net shield is coming tomorrow and is the 1st product I`ll use on the new Vette in the hotel parking lot when I do a quick detail to drive 1200 miles home from the factory.

I plan on a quick rinseless with a speedy prep towel and then the net shield - pics when done...
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

I use this as my only lsp on my clients cars if not coating. Have seen a good 8 Month`s durability on wife`s car outside 24/7

Post Thanks / Like

I applied SPNS to half of my vehicle for testing last night. I found application and removal to be pretty straight forward, but I hate how "grabby" it feels when first applying it. Any methods to reducing this?

I worked in smaller sections (approx. 2`x2`), spread the product in a cross hatch pattern to ensure even coverage and to spread it nice and thin, and then wiped off.

I removed it with a longer nap (Uber Quick Detail MF Towel - 600GSM) and I found it was also simple and left no streaking.

Can`t wait to see how it looks!

Since I am a firm believer in trying out as many products as I can before making claims to my customers... my car now has CQ Finest on the hood, 22ple VX1 Pro everywhere else (applied about a year ago and still looks/works great), and I applied SPNS to the driver`s side of the vehicle on top of the 22ple.

Retired Professional Detailer

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Zach -

What type of applicator did you use for the Sonax Net Shield ?

I started out using the common yellow, small round foam applicators, but changed it when I saw how much product it absorbed, and it was grabby making it harder to control.

Went to my Cabinet and found these really awesome, orange, small rectangular with rounded ends foam applicator sponges from TuffShine and they are just perfect for this!
    The density of the foam is really huge, so very little if any product is absorbed in the sponge and the thickness of the sponge makes it easier to hold onto.

The grabbiness - I know, thats not a real word, was a lot less with this sponge from TuffShine.

Very inexpensive as well.

Good luck with your testing !
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

I am using an "Uber Hex Grip Hand Wax and Sealant Applicator Pad" that came as part of a kit with SPNS from a different retailer.

It seemed to be absorbing a bit of product as well... I started dabbing my pad all over my working area prior to spreading it out. This released a lot of the product that was absorbed into the pad, and it also made it easier for me to spread out since the surface already had some of the product on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zmcgovern45 View Post
    I am using an "Uber Hex Grip Hand Wax and Sealant Applicator Pad" that came as part of a kit with SPNS from a different retailer.
    I used the Uber Hex Grip Pad as well. As I mentioned in a different thread, I worked the vertical panels first and found I was able to wring out the excess SPNS on the horizontal panels. It doesn`t leave a super slick surface, but it does produce a nice gloss. I`ve done two 4 door sedans and there`s easily enough product left for a 3rd application.

We had some rain over the weekend, and the beading and shedding abilities are fantastic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SGM2008 View Post
    I used the Uber Hex Grip Pad as well. As I mentioned in a different thread, I worked the vertical panels first and found I was able to wring out the excess SPNS on the horizontal panels. It doesn`t leave a super slick surface, but it does produce a nice gloss. I`ve done two 4 door sedans and there`s easily enough product left for a 3rd application.

We had some rain over the weekend, and the beading and shedding abilities are fantastic.
    Phil at DD has posted that they are able to get 10+ vehicles covered with one can if I remember correctly. I can`t remember if I saw that info on a forum or Facebook or what, but they were making a tally mark on the can for each car they used the can on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zmcgovern45 View Post
    I applied SPNS to half of my vehicle for testing last night. I found application and removal to be pretty straight forward, but I hate how "grabby" it feels when first applying it. Any methods to reducing this?

I worked in smaller sections (approx. 2`x2`), spread the product in a cross hatch pattern to ensure even coverage and to spread it nice and thin, and then wiped off.

I removed it with a longer nap (Uber Quick Detail MF Towel - 600GSM) and I found it was also simple and left no streaking.

Can`t wait to see how it looks!

Since I am a firm believer in trying out as many products as I can before making claims to my customers... my car now has CQ Finest on the hood, 22ple VX1 Pro everywhere else (applied about a year ago and still looks/works great), and I applied SPNS to the driver`s side of the vehicle on top of the 22ple.
    i experienced the same exact thing last night when applying it "grabby" is the perfect word for it to describe it. I was talking to Sonax on FB and they said to use Sonax MF towel. lol well that didnt help much.
    Looks good otherwise
    www.facebook.com/Ultimatecardetailingoc Please Like my FB if you like my work

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information