Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sonax Polymer Net Shield

Do yourself a favor an get Hydro2, beyond easy to apply and sticks to EVERYTHING. Like I said, I use net shield on wheels but for the body hydro2 is just incredible.
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    At $21.99 it will remain a secret to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Hydro2 is nice and I use it but its durability isnt even close to what others are saying their Sonax is lasting. Hydro2 is good for that quick protection you need if dont have time or during winter when its to cold to apply waxes or anything

Post Thanks / Like

Can you compare Hydro2 to permanon Planinum? I have used permanon and been very happy as it is spray on hose off and does everything from paint to glass to wheels.

I will be done with my Litter shortly and wonder what to buy next. I used thepermanon when I had no time and my LSP was wearing, I have also used it solo on my DD until I got around to coating it.

I like to keep some for the winter if the LSP starts to go I can top it off.

Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
    Do yourself a favor an get Hydro2, beyond easy to apply and sticks to EVERYTHING. Like I said, I use net shield on wheels but for the body hydro2 is just incredible.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VaderGT View Post
    Hydro2 is nice and I use it but its durability isnt even close to what others are saying their Sonax is lasting. Hydro2 is good for that quick protection you need if dont have time or during winter when its to cold to apply waxes or anything
    I`m getting solid 2 1/2 to 3 month intervals out of it. Imo, anything that sits on my paint for more than 3 months usually gets stripped off anyway. I like refreshing my paint down to the bone/clear
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Post Thanks / Like

people are talking they are getting 6-8months out of Sonax..and in climates of snow and salt the stronger the protection to get you through the crap the better. I think its probably the best choice if not doing a coating.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

A very experienced user of Sonax Net Shield is Phil at Detailing Bliss. He says he uses it all the time too. He was at the forefront of its introduction as well, so if anyone has a lot of time with it, it is Phil and his crew.
    Might want to Facebook or get ahold of him some other way. He is in NJ.
    Dan F

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

OK - update - I did another car today and had much better luck using smaller areas of application - almost the applicator in one hand and the MF to wipe it off in the other - worked perfect....
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Good job, Glen !!!
    As it gets in the low 50`s - high to mid 40`s up here in the Shop, I have had to warm up the can of Sonax Net Shield in my pocket and it seems to spread easier but still a little slowly, like it has something thicker in it compared to any other LSP I have ever used.
    And being clear, it makes it more challenging to insure you removed it all off before you move to another spot. But it is possible to do easily the more you use it and the better applicator you try out.

Im sold on the TuffShine orange applicator sponges; thick enough to give you a good grip on it, very dense so it does not soak up very much product at all, and a good value to boot ! They are very tough and can handle the stress of being dragged unwillingly with this product and not break down, shred, or show any wear at all.. Small enough to get anywhere on a vehicle and the right shape to always fit in any spot as well..
    DanF

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Driver View Post
    I just picked up some Hydro2 but haven`t had a chance to try it yet. I was warned to use very little and work quickly on small areas at a time. Is this what you have found ?
    Paul Sparks

Distinctive Auto Detailing

Indianapolis IN 46234

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Distin...70659146390192

Post Thanks / Like

Yes paul, work in small area`s as it does streak quickly. I`m a very avid user of it and I love it.

1. Small area`s
    2. Anticipate the overflow - where water will splash on to other panels an potential run into and down.
    3. Keep out the sun light, try an keep panels cool regardless.
    4. Use it LAST, make sure all dirt grime and/or polish is removed before application, the same rule applies to dressing. It will not stick once hydro is on, very cool feature. I hydro everything including tire`s that are dressed. It seems to lock in the dressing much better.

Hope that helps.

Oh and SOAK the hell out of it, use a regular hose over a pw. More water is better!

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Good job, Glen !!!
    As it gets in the low 50`s - high to mid 40`s up here in the Shop, I have had to warm up the can of Sonax Net Shield in my pocket and it seems to spread easier but still a little slowly, like it has something thicker in it compared to any other LSP I have ever used.
    And being clear, it makes it more challenging to insure you removed it all off before you move to another spot. But it is possible to do easily the more you use it and the better applicator you try out.

Im sold on the TuffShine orange applicator sponges; thick enough to give you a good grip on it, very dense so it does not soak up very much product at all, and a good value to boot ! They are very tough and can handle the stress of being dragged unwillingly with this product and not break down, shred, or show any wear at all.. Small enough to get anywhere on a vehicle and the right shape to always fit in any spot as well..
    DanF
    Looks like the first quik detail I do on the new car will be in Columbus, OH 40-50 degree temp so I`m gonna wait for the netshield until I get home in fla. And just wash with Hydro to get a coat of something on it for the ride home.....
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

I just got done washing mine for first time since adding Sonax. GOOD GOD the beading and sheeting, with EXO alone it was awesome but now it looks like water is afraid to even touch my paint. I officially love this Sonax. I was worried about using anything ontop of EXO cause how good its hydrophobic ability is. but it seems the Sonax has just put it on steroids.
    Sonax Polymer Netshield beading sheeting - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

Net Shield has been sitting in my detailing stock for a few weeks now but I am going to try it out for the first time on a customer`s car this weekend. As far as applying it as the LSP has anyone tried it over an AIO? I`m curious if it will bond on top of that and provide a better gloss than doing a polish and then IPA wipe down.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brunkel View Post
    Net Shield has been sitting in my detailing stock for a few weeks now but I am going to try it out for the first time on a customer`s car this weekend. As far as applying it as the LSP has anyone tried it over an AIO? I`m curious if it will bond on top of that and provide a better gloss than doing a polish and then IPA wipe down.
    I was wondering the same thing

Post Thanks / Like

The first time I tried it I used over an AIO, it didnt last nearly as long. It works best on bare paint or over a coating.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information