Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sonax Polymer Net Shield

I didnt have much grabby action on removal it was during application it was grabby for me. the amount I used the can still feels brand new. I think I could easily get 10 cars out of a can

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VaderGT View Post
    I didnt have much grabby action on removal it was during application it was grabby for me. the amount I used the can still feels brand new. I think I could easily get 10 cars out of a can
    Yup - I believe everyone would agree removal was simple and Application was "grabby" at first

Retired Professional Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I almost feel like I wanna pickup like 5-6more cans and get rid of most of my Paste waxes..stuff is really great and all the videos I have seen on way it reacts with water is fantastic.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the OPT apllicator or similar

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

Just used it for the first time - a little grabby but not bad at all - the side of the car is like a mirror....rained about 10 min after I did it and beads great:
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

ya know guys, I gotta be honest...After doing the whole car, the "grabby" aspect kinda got old - I worked up a sweat, and I hate that ..read on...

I think I`m gonna stick with my CS and trop dodo juice instead of this netshield. Everything I do at my age (63) I rate for "EZ" and I found wiping off the net shield- even right away -was a lot like buffing. And I don`t have that with CS, DODO or Prima HydroMax....I have the whole car done now and unless I get a huge increase in durability with the NetShield, - I think I`m staying with the spray on sealants I own vs this....
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

Oh it`s a pain to wipe off but I do feel the product works great. As for easy it is far from it especially removal in my opinion.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps some are applying too much product to the paintwork ?

I have applied it on 9 vehicles in a row and never have had an issue wiping it off. I have to look closely at an extreme angle to see if I can find out if I left any on.

The can says it is a soft coating, and that is much different from a hard coating, so it will feel different when wiping it off, but it has not ever been hard to do this step.

Until I started using the little thick orange sponge applicator from TuffShine, the only challenge I had was my former sponge applicator wanting to move slower across the panel than I was used to, and absorbing too much product.

No issues wiping it off at this shop..
    Dan F

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

no..not a lot at all..I`m good at application...just feel there are a few easier....I guess it`s just that I don`t have to wipe some of the other types off....like CS....
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

yea i had no issue wiping off either. I didnt have to overly work myself it really wasnt much different on removal then most waxes. I think the very short nap MF towel really helps pull it off easily

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VaderGT View Post
    yea i had no issue wiping off either. I didnt have to overly work myself it really wasnt much different on removal then most waxes. I think the very short nap MF towel really helps pull it off easily
    I used a longer nap and removal was simple. I also used very little product and spread it very thin... I think that makes the most difference.

Retired Professional Detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using the Net Shield for about 4-5 months and have fell in love with it. At first I was trying to do a large area at a time as I would do with any other LSP. After watching a Sonax video I reduced my area to 2`x2` and removal was so much easier. Another detailing friend and member here ( Tom Weed) recommended using this on top of various coatings. I had always subscribed to the thought that doing that was a waste of time. Seems the topper wouldn`t last on top of a coating such as OC. Well I went ahead and tried it on some dark vehicles and they popped IMO. I have one customer at over three months with Net Shield going strong on his OC `ed truck. This is a great product IMO that has earned a spot on my detailing shelf.
    Paul Sparks

Distinctive Auto Detailing

Indianapolis IN 46234

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Distin...70659146390192

Post Thanks / Like

Well it looks like I will need to give this a try. I didn`t expect so many people to chime in on it and with getting up to 10+ cars out of a can I think I am sold.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    no..not a lot at all..I`m good at application...just feel there are a few easier....I guess it`s just that I don`t have to wipe some of the other types off....like CS....

There are easirer to apply sealants, but for the tiny fuss this product makes in application and removal, the durability, gloss and beading make it well worth it!

Top it with Sonax brilliant detailer and it will most likely last indefinitely.

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

ok...I`ll shrink my application area a bit....
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information