Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Finish Kare 1000P Hi-Temp Paste Wax????

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    I personally love the "extra layer of clear coat" look FK produces as well as the amazing durability and intense (almost Collinite-like) water beading. However, like most products there is a trade-off, particuarly at that price point. FK1000 can be a bear to apply and remove. I have found that putting it on very thin and wiping it off just before it hazes helps application and removal considerably.

There is almost a sweet spot, right as it is hazing, that makes removal easy. Miss it by a few minutes one way or the other and application is, umm, spirited.

This is exactly what I found out when I applied the 2nd coat. I kept an eye on it and it being in the high 60`s helped versus warmer. The first coat I did the whole car and waited quite a while until it completely hazed over. When I did the 2nd coat later on I just kept checking what I had applied, I was able to get the whole car covered thanks to the temp but I think I started to remove it right away and the second coat come off easier but still a little effort needed but not bad.

Dean.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

Miss it by a few minutes one way or the other and application is, umm, spirited.

We need an emoticon to describe a "spirited" application.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gloss View Post

We need an emoticon to describe a "spirited" application.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelzntoys View Post
    Add a fruit scent, color and a better container = Winner!
    better container? really?? I like that old school look! Was the deciding factor to purchase it over Klasse SG!

Post Thanks / Like

Before I coated my vehicle with McKee`s this past fall, FK 1000 was my go to winter protection the past 10 years. Always did a great job on our tough CT winters.
    Never had a problem applying it. As others have said, a very thin application is the key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I went from FK1000 for winter then onto coatings... now back to the $17 FK1000. The grass wasn`t greener on the other side. It looks spectacular on my car, is so easy to apply, and dirt and water just fly off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted2Bling View Post
    It`s a great wax and there are a lot of people using it, but all the rants and reviews are going to the newer better waxes that are out now.
    Newer yes. Better ??

I started detailing as a hobby years (and years) ago and there are still tons of products that work just as well now as they did now as they did then. 845 is a perfect example. Just because something is new doesn`t always mean it`s better...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    So true lol. I found a new bottle of FK 2180 Sealant in the back of my cabinet. Has anyone tried it ?? I did some "googling" and the reviews seem decent.
    2180 is "ok". It looks good, kinda glass-like, shiny. It just doesn`t last as long as a pure sealant should.

Post Thanks / Like

Gee, I somehow missed this thread...

Heh heh, other than a coating, when it comes to functionality I`d like to hear about a (conventional) LSP that is "better". Bugs and bird-bombs not etching paint after being left on not-nearly-fresh FK1000P for *months* convinced me that it`s really All That.
    Likes pwaug liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Heh heh, other than a coating, when it comes to functionality I`d like to hear about a (conventional) LSP that is "better". Bugs and bird-bombs not etching paint after being left on not-nearly-fresh FK1000P for *months* convinced me that it`s really All That.
    Been slowly working on my mother-in-law`s car. Did some correction and added FK1000p. I was NOT happy to see it again, about a month later, with bird bombs on various panels. But low and behold... they came right off with minimal effort. I`ll thank the FK for that and Accumulator for pushing that wonderful product.

Post Thanks / Like

JustJesus- Glad it didn`t let you down, and your MIL`s vehicle was a good test for it!

Post Thanks / Like

I recently did a test panel on my trunk lid, vertical panel with tail lights, straight Essence vs FK1000P. I still really dig FK`s performance. I`ll probably stick with the FK1000P on friends/family because it is basically set it and forget it for 5 months because I now it works. I`ll save the coating type products for my car. Heck caring for a dark green car is the same as a black car. I`m just glad that I don`t go blind since I have to touch it all the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Never got along with fk 100p threw away my can

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mbkite View Post
    Never got along with fk 100p threw away my can
    Ah, interesting! Could you tell us more? Always like to hear from the other side of this particular fence

Post Thanks / Like

Since I started this thread I`ve become a FK1000 convert, but was truly amazed this winter. My wife fractured her tibial plateau in early January and subsequently developed blood clots that migrated to her lungs, so I`ve had responsibility for 100% of the household chores that we normally share. This of course totally eliminated any time available for car care for the last 3 months. While we didn`t have a bad winter there were enough snow days to keep the car a mess so I had to resort to a touch-less automatic wash--there were no brushes, but I have to assume the detergents used are on the strong side. After at least a half dozen of these washes since January finally had a chance to do a hand wash today.

I was totally blown away with the condition of the FK1000 that had been applied in early October. I fully expected it to be dead after all the strong detergent, but it was still producing tight beads even before it was washed and sheeting water on vertical panels as well as horizontal panels almost as well as when it was first applied .
    "If your Personal Beliefs deny what`s objectively true about the world, then they`re more accurately called Personal Delusions" Neil deGrasse Tyson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information