Posted in show and shine as well, but since I included some notes and thoughts, figured I`d share!

Cleanmycorolla cleans his Corolla!

So a little polish job on the car this past week and figured I’d share. Here’s a little run down of what I did and some notes and thoughts, a little show and shine review.

Polisher and pads: Griots 6” Speed 4, 3-4 passes with 6.5” LC CCS Black Pad
Griots Garage 6 Inch Random Orbital Polisher
Lake Country 6.5 Inch CCS Pads 6 Pack - Your Choice!

Polish:
BLACKFIRE Gloss Enhancing Polish, prewax polish, car polish

LSP(s):
BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection, paint sealant, synthetic sealant, blackfire sealant
BLACKFIRE Crystal Seal Paint Sealant, best paint sealant, paint sealer

Other products used:
Chemical Guys Hybrid V7 on Trim and Wheel Covers
Chemical Guys All Clean+ 15:1 to clean wheel wells, areas of undercarriage, and tires.
Meguiars Endurance Tire Gel on tires
Chemical Guys GLassworkz Optical Glass Cleaner on glass

Process:
ONR GD Wash Method with these towels Super Soft Deluxe Blue Microfiber Towels, microfiber detailing towels, buffing towels, micro fiber towel, detail cloth IMO these are great towels for rinseless washes. I use these or the green 600gsm MF Tech towels, either way you cannot lose!
Clayed using Mothers Clay. Very Mild clay, great for us geeks who may not even need a claying done. But since I was putting a machine to my paint I played it safe an clayed anyway. I used ONR diluted as clay lube.

Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish is not a cut polish, but it’s a hell of a paint cleaner and has mild, very mild filing abilities. What I can tell you is its a fantastic base for BFWD! I applied it with with a black pad to lightly clean and fill, 3-4 passes depending on my desire at the time. Key with this product is to remove literally within 30 seconds of application, let it form the slightest haze and removal is then a breeze, if you let it sit too long it can be a tad bit of a pain to remove!

BFWD, well all know it rocks as well as crystal seal. I first applied the BFWD, let it sit for 8 hours after wiping away the excess. I then came back to the garage and did one coat of crystal seal for kicks. It only takes about 10 minutes to cover the car with crystal seal, and frankly it just rocks! leaves the paint incredibly slick, and offers a very glass like appearance which I like on top of the warmer look BFWD alone provides my car.

Anyway, sorry no process shots. i spread this detail over several days as time permitted. Also apologies for the halo in some shots, the sun was blazing this morning here in So Cal so I was getting the oddest glares of the WHIPLASH I CREATED!!!!

The combo and prep creates tremendous reflections.

Really makes the metallic stand out in my paint

Love the look and darkening effect Megs Endurance Gel has on my tires. And it lasts, I’ve seen up to 3 weeks of life from it, even with rain!

Have a good one kids!