Post Thanks / Like

Review: 3D Towel Kleen

This was in participation of 3D`s promotion of receiving products in exchange for trying them out and posting reviews.

Wow does 3D have a quick turn around, in 3 days I had already received this. Perfect as I had just finished up light polishing the Camaro after noticing a few scratches that were my fault for being a bit too aggressive on a waterless wash. Well I decided to throw this product at the wheel towels to see what it could do.

Now first off up to this point I have been using dye free scent free detergent that isn`t made for microfibers specifically, I have been meaning to get some but overall it has been working fine and I`ve see no negative effects with it. But I will say none that I`ve used have cleaned as well as this has.

First off, packaging.

Overall pretty standard gallon jug. But the price is very reasonable $16 for 1 gallon and in a wash you use roughly 2 oz. So 64 washes for $16 or $0.25 per wash, not too bad. No complaints about the packaging although it would be nice if the cap could be used to measure, some other companies provide a dual spout container for you to measure. I don`t know if that would work with a gallon container but a simple cap with hashed lines like clothes detergent would be helpful.

Now onto the towels, brace yourselves....

I told you I didn`t take it easy. These were full of wiping down brake dusted wheels and I really wanted to give a kind of worst case scenario to Towel Kleen.

Here are the results

Overall a gigantic improvement, note these towels were placed in the wash the same afternoon they were used, no sitting around, no soaking in a bucket of water and APC which I`ll do if they`ll be sitting a few days. But this product worked great. I didn`t expect a 100% improvement on that first towel, it was covered in oxidation, brake dust, dirt, grime, you name it it has it. The second one is darn near clean as can be. The towels did regain fluff as well so no drying out with this product.

I would have no problem recommending this product, it`s a great value and does what it`s supposed to. I`ll be using this from now on.

Feel free to ask any questions or pass on any knowledge. Thanks for reading.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: 3D Towel Kleen

looks like it worked pretty well by itself. good price point too.

Post Thanks / Like

The MFs cleaned up nice. Great price and product, thanks for sharing ec90.

Post Thanks / Like

EC, if you are recieving these products are part of 3D`s free products for people who post on four different forums promotions, we would as ask to make that clear in post.

Nice review, it almost got the towels clean!

Post Thanks / Like

I`m more interested in how well it washes out polish and wax residue since the paint is the most delicate surface on the car. Polish removal contains various grime and old wax which latches onto the MF towel. Wax is resistant to water and soaps so it takes a darn good detergent to bust it up.

Polish and wax residue is less obvious and many detergents leave a residue even after two rinses.

A vinegar rinse test will verify if the detergent leaves behind a residue.

Post Thanks / Like

I gotta give 3d credit they have effectively leaked off Autopia.org with this promo. I see a lot of these reviews based on the contest to try it for free and post your opinion.

Hey Todd I think you need to answer back. PS I want a Rupes 15 anyway. Want me to post some reviews? Just send me one. And please feel free to autograph it and ship it out to me. No need to overnight it I won`t have time to use it until next weekend.

I am such a help around here......

Post Thanks / Like

Want me to post some reviews? Just send me one.
    Let`s compare this to Troy`s pending/upcoming/long-awaited review, provided Troy paid for his Towel Kleen.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gloss View Post
    Let`s compare this to Troy`s pending/upcoming/long-awaited review, provided Troy paid for his Towel Kleen.

Well hopefully I can live up to the standards I have set for my self as far as reviews go. But i can tell you now, I was sent Towel Kleen by David F. to give an honest and complete review.

Post Thanks / Like

Troy,

I don`t expect anything less than a complete, honest and thorough review from you. I`m happy to know the product provided free of charge overwhelmed you with performance above the outrageously expensive products.

I`ll continue to use Charlie`s Soap at half the cost of Towel Kleen with a vinegar rinse. That works well for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gloss View Post
    I`ll continue to use Charlie`s Soap at half the cost of Towel Kleen with a vinegar rinse. That works well for me.

I will be looking into Charlie`s Soap now as well. I do still like to do a vinegar rinse just to make sure all is clean.

Thread Information