Post Thanks / Like

Got a WOW from former boss

As some of you know I recently tried the KLASSE twins on my SS red Suzuki. One coat of AIO by PC and two coats of SG by hand. I was highly impressed by the results since I had not detailed the car since last fall and I had a decent amount of oxidation (but no real scratches or swirling since the car wasn`t washed or touched in general). (BTW, my car is 6 & a half years old with 136,000 miles on it).

I rubbed the AIO in like I would a compound and ended up clogging two polishing pads with the dead paint and other gunk that had accumulated and embedded into the paint. Then after a bit of a hassle with the SG, I got the hang of it and applied a coating of that. About a week later, I applied the second coat and it wiped on and off like a dream. The car sat in the heat for another week and then on Monday I gave the car a wash...the wash mitt and the drying MF just glided over the surface of the car like glass despite having been through a week`s worth of rain and a 490 mile vacation trip which included bug splatters, the bugs were mostly removed by just the prewash hose down. The car was actually gleaming.

After that, I drove to the detailing shop where I learned how to detail cars. It`s a higher end shop catering to vehicles in the $30,000 plus range and charges anywhere from $450 for a small car like mine to over $850 for a full sized SUV using a minimum of a 5-step process (not including hand work). He is fairly expensive, but his cars always come out better than factory new appearing.

After driving to the shop, I parked along the side of the building so they couldn`t immediately see the car. Then I went in and explained to (the boss) how I had discovered a `new` two-step process that he could use as an option and bring in more business from a slightly lower price range of vehicles without all the work of his `full` detailing process. Then he and his primary assistant came outside. Then came the simultaneous "WOWS." Followed by: "THAT is a two-step!!!" They looked the car over and it actually took them a minute to see the difference between the SS paint and the fender that was BC/CC from a repaint, there was only a slight gloss difference.

Immediately following was a flurry of questions about KLASSE and how I applied it etc. (The assistant actually came to me separately to find out where he could get some for his personal use).

Any way it was nice to get approval from the guy who taught you the craft.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Got a WOW from former boss

never heard any bad remarks about klasse products, good stuff. post some picks if you get a chance don.

Post Thanks / Like

Klasse makes a quality product but remember, AIO (not sure about SG) contains petroleum distillates. This could be a problem on a variety of materials, including clear bra`s. Just an FYI

Unfortunately, with all the coatings on the market Klasse AIO has been relegated to topping my Opti-Coated wheels, just to add that extra of protection!

Post Thanks / Like

Always wondered if petroleum distillates in AIO would be harmful to headlight covers and plastics trims...

I have been using AIO and SG on all my wheels, lights, and windows for about 7 years. Love it. Never had a problem with application/removal of SG on my paints following the procedures. Though removal proved to be challenging in hot direct heat (black paint in summer). Found that a light spritz of water in a fine spray bottle helps with that.

Post Thanks / Like

KAIO is the ONLY AIO I use. It`s simply the best on faded plastic and old faded paint, especially single stage red!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    never heard any bad remarks about klasse products, good stuff. post some picks if you get a chance don.
    As soon as I can get my hands on a camera
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

Just about every sealant and wax we use contains some form of PD`s. Mineral spirits being the most prevalent.

Every sealant and wax on my shelf contains mineral spirits and many control PDs.

What do you think makes it shine?

Thread Information