Post Thanks / Like

Wolf`s Chemicals Corrective Polishes - Quick Review, video, pictures

Wolf`s Chemicals has been making a splash on both sides of the pond due to there extremely long-lasting coating/sealants! Wolf`s recently introduced a line of corrective polishes designed to be easy-to-use with both rotary and a DA polishers. I couldn`t resist the opportunity to put them to work!

I started with the hood of an older`s Jeep Cherokee. It was in rough shape and would make an excellent test bed (hood) for the THREE corrective polishes in their lineup. (There is also a fourth finishing polish).

The defects on red colored paint are hard for digital cameras to pick up. This gives you some idea of the condition of the paint.

All testing was carried out with a FLEX PE rotary polisher.

The driver`s side of the hood was separated into the THREE sections.

First up was Wolf`s Chemicals Equalizerr, a heavy-cut compound/polish designed for heavy defect removal.

Three small drops were applied to a Lake Country HydroTech Cyan Cutting Pad.

The Equalizer was worked in at 1800 RPM, before reducing speed to 1200 and refining the polish.

Wolf`s Chemical`s Equalizer Ceramic Paint Polish

Wolf`s Chemicals “The Equalizer” Ceramic Paint Polish is designed to aggressively remove paint defects on today`s scratch-resistant paints. Precise diminishing abrasives allow “The Equalizer” to create a high-gloss shine that is mostly compound haze free. Wolf`s Chemicals “The Equalizer” Ceramic Paint Polish was designed for use with a rotary polisher, while still providing outstanding results when used with any dual-action polisher as well.

PROS: Extremely long work time with an incredibly smooth feel. No skipping/pad hop/chatter. Produced the most amount of cutting power on this paint. Easy wipe off. Minimal Filling.
    CONS: Tends to run a little warm.
    CONCLUSION: The Equalizer produced an extremely and smooth buffing cycle. It was easy to wipe off and produced a near hologram-free finish, even after chemically stripping the paint.

The next correction polish to be tested was Wolf`s The Correctional Utility Compound. This is designed to be the heavy hitter of the Wolf`s Line Up, although it produced slightly less cut then the Equalizer on this weathered paint.

Again three small dots proved more then enough polish for this paint.

The polish was applied in a similar manner to The Equalizer, using about 1800 rpms and firm pressure, backing both the pressure and speed down as the cycle progressed.

Wolf`s Chemicals The Correction Utility Compound

Wolf`s Chemicals “The Correctional Utility” Compound is the heavy-cut compound that thinks its a polish. Highly refined diminishing abrasives quickly power through severe defects, then break down and polish the paint to a near perfect, high-gloss finish. Use Wolf`s Chemicals “The Correctional Utility” Compound to remove 1500-grade sanding marks, stains, oxidation, and deep imperfections while leaving behind an even surface that only requires final polishing. Wolf`s Chemicals “The Correctional Utility” Compound is the first step, in a two-step process, to restore neglected finishes.

PROS: Extremely long work time with an incredibly smooth feel. No skipping/pad hop/chatter. Easy wipe off. Minimal Filling.
    CONS: Heated the paint up the most.
    CONCLUSION: The Correctional Utility had a long-play time, athough the abrasives seemed to lose cutting power the quicker then abrasives in The Equalizer which led to a faster cut, but less total cut over the duration of the polishing cycle. I have no doubt that this polish/compound would quickly eliminate deep defects such as sanding marks with speed and leave behind a high-gloss finish with minimal filling.

Wolf`s Chemicals The Medium One-Step Polish is Wolf`s one-and-done polish. For this test I chose to first apply it with a Cyan Cutting Pad and then follow up with a Crimson Finishing Pad in order to test both the cut and the finish power of the polish.

When applied with a Cyan pad (using about 1500 RPMS), The Medium had a long working cycle and remained extremely smooth. After a long buffing cycle the speed was throttled down to 1000 RPM and worked in to refine. It produced significantly less cut but left almost no visible holograms (even with the Cyan Cutting Pad).

When applied with the Crimson Finishing Pad, The Medium produced a hologram free finish with exceptional gloss.

Wolf`s Chemicals The Medium One-Step Polish

Wolf`s Chemicals “The Medium” One-Step Polish is a gloss producing one-step solution for restoring and protecting paint finishes. Wolf`s Chemicals “The Medium” One-Step Polish will remove light to medium swirl marks and adds rich, nourishing oils back to the paint. This unique formula leaves behind a crisp, hologram-free finish while providing excellent protection. Wolf`s Chemicals “The Medium” One-Step Polish is an ideal product for dealerships and high-volume detailers.

PROS: The Medium is a smooth running one step that offers good correction with a high-gloss, swirl-free finish. It is easy to wipe clean and has a very long polishing cycle.
    CONS: None.
    CONCLUSION: The Medium produces good cut with a cutting pad and a great finish with a finishing pad making this a versatile polish for a number of applications.

For the last test I taped off a section of the passenger side of the hood in order to due a full correction, as well as test out The Jeweler Finishing Polish.

The heavy correction was carried out using Wolf`s Chemicals The Equalizer on a Hybrid Wool Cutting Pad. As with the earlier test, The Equalizer worked flawlessly on the Hybrid Wool Pad and made quick work of the deeper defects.

Wolf`s Chemicals The Jeweler is their dedicated finishing polish/gloss enhancer.

When applied with a finishing pad (Crimson HydroTech) it produced a hologram free finish with outstanding clarity and zero swirl marks. It was a powerful 1-2 punch.

Wolf`s Chemicals The Jeweler Finishing Polish

Wolf`s Chemicals “The Jeweler” Finishing Polish creates an extremely-level paint finish that reflects light with brilliance. This finishing polish has been designed by high-end professional detailers who are responsible for creating the highest-gloss finishes on the world`s most expensive luxury and super cars. Due its long working time, Wolf`s Chemicals “The Jeweler” Finishing Polish makes it easy for professionals and detailers to achieve the same award winning results.

PROS: Easy-to-use, smooth buffing finishing polish that makes creating a hologram-free finish easy with a rotary polisher. Creates exceptional gloss and wipes away easily from the paint surface. Zero filling.
    CONS: None.
    CONCLUSION: The Jeweler makes final polishing easy. It has a creamy, smooth buffing feel and a long working time. Very little product and speed is needed to create the ultimate in high gloss finishes.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_f-OYPIH8NU]Quick Review and Results- Wolf's Chemicals Polishes - YouTube[/ame]

Wolf`s Chemical Polishes Thoughts:

Wolf`s Chemicals range of polishes produce high-gloss finishes with ease. Each product has a unique smell with just a hint of baby oil smell (mineral oil). Each product has very little-to-no dusting and wiped off the surface with ease.

The only filling was noticed with the more aggressive compounds (The Correctional Utility and The Equalizer) although it was not a lot nor was it difficult to remove.

Wolf`s Chemicals hit a home run with the easy-to-use lineup of corrective polishes! Create a gloss and take a bite out of swirled paint with Wofl`s Chemicals polishes.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolf`s Chemicals Corrective Polishes - Quick Review, video, pictures

Thanks for the great review. There are officially too many different products out there that I want to try.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool. As a hobby guy with one-car, I agree with the above

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mavin View Post
    Cool. As a hobby guy with one-car, I agree with the above
    Liars! You can never have too much fun stuff to play around with! That`s like having too much money!

The Wolf`s Chemical Polishers are VERY nice! I will do more testing but I think they have found a permanent place in my detailing bag!

Opti Coat Pro Certified Orinda Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Liars! You can never have too much fun stuff to play around with! That`s like having too much money!

The Wolf`s Chemical Polishers are VERY nice! I will do more testing but I think they have found a permanent place in my detailing bag!
    That`s easy to say when you work at the PBMG head quarters!!! Oh the sweet joy of being able to try everything . Nice review BTW! You know I think the only time having everything at my disposal would be problem is if I ran into a car that had paint that wouldn`t respond to normal methods and that whole let try every pad and polish combo we have laying around till one works. Could see that being very time consuming(Not that I`ve ever done this 20 or so times and by the time you find something that works you`ve forgot what it was because you still wanted to try a few other things).

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent reviews of all four products as always Todd. I would agree with everyone that too many products to try. I am going to buy powerball tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DKumarm3 View Post
    Excellent reviews of all four products as always Todd. I would agree with everyone that too many products to try. I am going to buy powerball tonight.
    Good luck! If you win you love Wolfs!

Post Thanks / Like

Todd, what is your definition of long work time..sounds like it never will dry out?

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Todd!

I detailed the red 599 and orange McLaren on the labels lol
    David Saunders

Street Dreams Detail
    Now in San Diego California

..And as for the critics, tell me I don`t get it
    Everybody can tell you how to do it, they never did it

Post Thanks / Like

Great video!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Todd. That is some hammered paint, hard to look past the remaining defects, kind of overshadows your results.

Post Thanks / Like

nice review todd. so what would be the best product to go with wolf`s to make it last long long time. seems to be another great german product to replace my menzerna with by the way.

Post Thanks / Like

Very intriguing. Thanks for the review Todd.
    2011 SEMA Meguiar`s Car Crazy Showcase Team

Thread Information