Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarPro Hydro2 Touchless Silica Sealant after 2 months

Quote Originally Posted by groebuck View Post
    trying to read up on this - so do you apply anything over it or just use the hydro2 and that`s it? - does it work on trim etc?

You use Hydro2 over top of a sealant, coating, bare paint. It is more of a "on-top" product. It works on every exterior surface.

I know of someone that currently has it on their car for 4 months and it is still beading. He is in Florida.

Post Thanks / Like

So I can use this over a carnuba wax or should I strip the car and polish first? Or Polish/seal then hydro2??
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by groebuck View Post
    So I can use this over a carnuba wax or should I strip the car and polish first? Or Polish/seal then hydro2??

I have not used it over a nuba wax. In talking with Corey @ CarPro-US he said that he has not had good success putting Hydro2 over a nuba. Hydro2 can only be as good as the base layer it is on.

Hydro2 is really made to go on top of a sealant, coating, or bare paint. If you want to use Hydro2 I would suggest at the least stripping off the old wax and either putting it on bare paint or sealing with a sealant and then using Hydro2.

I currently have it on top of a 2yr old application of CQ original. My Hydro2 is about 1 month old and still going strong.

Post Thanks / Like

cool thanks!
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely another awesome product from CarPro. It will be a part of my next order for sure.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

After using it for a few weeks, I can say that I dont want to use anything else. Its cut down on my wash/clay/wax process to the point that its paying for itself 5x over. Im still getting a system down for working with it in direct sunlight, but I havent had any real problems out of it yet. Its a great product.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve heard of people using this over Opti-coat and lasting. That`s good to hear considering opti-coat can`t be topped with!
    Get your shine on!

Post Thanks / Like

Its a nice product, but its one of the few products that you REALLY cant apply in the sun. Like any sun at all or you get the spots and streaks that are a real PITA to use.

First time I used it, just like most products says dont use in direct sun, figuring it was just a claim like most other I used it. Wasnt hot, and even kind of over cast, sprayed 1 panel at a time but still got spots and streaks. I only use this when there is NO sun at all or I can work in a garage.

Post Thanks / Like

At this point, about 4 months after application (IIRC) it is about done. Really impressive stuff. Up next, Permanon

Post Thanks / Like

Loving to hear the Permanon comparison. Currently using Permanon on my dd. at 4-6 weeks it no long beads like crazy and I re apply because it makes washing easier. The protection is still somewhat there but I like a super slick surface. Love when the car gets cleaned in a hard rain. eXO was the best at this but I have not found the time to polish and apply EXO and let it cure 24 hours.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    At this point, about 4 months after application (IIRC) it is about done. Really impressive stuff. Up next, Permanon

Hmm...

Your not the first I have watched get 4 months of durability out of Hydro2. This is really impressive, since they only claim up to 3 months...

Post Thanks / Like

just ordered a litre of this

At this point I may as well be called a coating waster even though I haven`t used any yet
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrclean81 View Post
    After using it for a few weeks, I can say that I dont want to use anything else. Its cut down on my wash/clay/wax process to the point that its paying for itself 5x over. Im still getting a system down for working with it in direct sunlight, but I havent had any real problems out of it yet. Its a great product.
    Would love to hear your "process" when using HydrO2? Especially your advice when to use it and when not too? I have seen you raving about it for weeks and I am some what intrigued.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XxBoostinxX View Post
    Would love to hear your "process" when using HydrO2? Especially your advice when to use it and when not too? I have seen you raving about it for weeks and I am some what intrigued.
    Sorry I just saw this. As long as Im working in the shade, I wash the car like normal (traditional power wash..no rinseless for me). After its clean, Ill quickly resoap up the car one panel at a time and use that for lube for either clay or use a prep towel, and rinse as needed. Once the whole car is prepped, Ill spray the HydrO2 as directed, wheels included. Generally takes an hour or hour and a half for everything. If its done right, you`d swear a guy spent all day on it.
    Working in the sun is another story. My best advise at this point is not to do it. I can usually figure a method out for nearly any product to work in the sun, but this stuff really dont like it. At first I was having pretty good luck, and even made the statement to A2B that it worked well in direct sunlight. It must have been beginers luck because the last few I tried it on spotted like a b#%&^.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XxBoostinxX View Post
    Yes. Beading started to subside at the 3 month mark, but still hung around for another 3 weeks. By the 16th week (4 months) it was gone. As soon as I have time to wash the beater, I will apply Permanon and restart the test

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information