The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Model 2000 Label Maker From Dymo

The Dymo 2000 label maker is a really neat tool, but, maybe not as useful as I thought it might be.
    After spending quite some time making some really neat labels for my spray bottles with it, I was really happy with my project.
    One month later, I’m not quite so happy. The labels don’t stick well to the plastic bottles and just about every label is either off or ready to fall off.
    Things sticking to the plastic bottles is sometimes a problem, but I had really hoped the Dymo labels would work. Since they don`t, I guess I will have to find some other use for it.
    My handy dandy felt tip marker has now taken over the marking task. My printing is nowhere near as neat, but at least it stays on.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Charles,
    Thanks for the sharing the benefit of your experience!
    I just received my order from Poorboys, and went to Costco, purchased spray bottles for ease of application, and was going to label them all tidy with my Dymo Label Maker (yes, I`m somewhat anal), when I read your post.
    Guess I`ll just have to use my "best" printing with a Sharpie Marker, and hope that doesn`t run - have you had any problems with that?
    Now that I have all the "goodies", I`m anxious to get the V all "pretty", but I`ve got something going on every weekend for the next month! I don`t want to start the job, and drive around "unprotected", so I guess I`ll just have to be patient. At least I can use the S&W for now. Will post pics when we`re all done!
    Norahcrv:cool

Post Thanks / Like
    It may be a tidious (spelling?) but you could go to most office supply stores and buy some of the small vinyl letters (1/2" or 3/4" I think) and label them that way. They are for in/outdoor use and i would think that they may stay put. Just a thought for those (like me) who are a little AR :crazy

Eric

Post Thanks / Like
    an idea I like better... im anal, believe me, I spent $18.00 a piece for black 8 1/2 x 11` black carboard boxes with silver grommets to adorn my desk. I like to buy quality stuff. and makes sure i only buy it once in a lifetime. not one every year. Thats what creates an heirloom. There are companies that make aluminum and/or stainless steel bottles. Buy some of those, have your logo engraved like
    "Pauls Car Wax" or "Pauls Quick Shine"... then you would have 5-10 perfectly matched bottles looking all shiny lined up on your cart...that will last you forever.... think if you buy 50 plastic bottles in a lifetime at 1.50 each, you spent $75.00 and have nothing left. So spend $100 on metal bottles and have an heirloom.

Post Thanks / Like
    oh and you could have your bottles custom painted and then wax them too!

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a strip of masking tape and write with a marker on the tape.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JimS
    I use a strip of masking tape and write with a marker on the tape.
    I do the same thing. I use blue painter`s tape so that I can easily change the label without worrying about adhesive residue.

Thread Information