Post Thanks / Like

Quick Review: Duragloss Microfber Wash Mitt

Duragloss Plush Microfiber Wash Mitt

Manufacturer`s Description
    This microfiber car wash mitt provides a better way to wash your car. It helps avoid creating swirl marks by lifting dirt away from your car"s finish. This mitt is made from long microfiber, which is softer and thicker than other microfiber on the market. Use over and over again - Mitt can be machine washed and the fabric will remain soft, and will not scratch. Leaves no lint. Mitt is also handy to use around the house, to remove dust or wash windows.

Sample source: Purchase from Autogeek

Manufacturer`s Price: $6.65 (Duragloss web site)

Dimensions: 7 x 10-inches

Nap:
    The microfiber mitt feels quite soft with a fairly dense long nap.

Construction:

Exterior: Unlike most other mitts I have, the microfiber mitt has stitches across the face of the mitt as seen in the picture below. The center stitch goes part way down and through the mitt to create finger pockets inside the mitt. To flip mitt on your hand you would need to remove your hand somewhat.

Interior:
    This is inside out. This shows the soft interior lined interior and also shows the rolled very comfortable cuff. You cannot turn it completely inside out due to the center stitch.

Once you turn it inside out, you can tell the other stitching is used to attach the inner liner to the outer mitt.

The center stitch

Use and Cleaning
    I use these types of mitts for rinseless washing since I want to control the pressure on the paint compared a typical microfiber towel. I will use 4 to 5 mitts during the process.

I find the longer nap type towels clean better (seem to pick up more) but I do not like the center stitch because it will collect more dirt around where the fingers rest (most pressure on paint).

My Proper Auto Care ones have this same attribute so also tend to collect dirt on a smaller area of the mitt rather than more uniformly across the the edge of the mitt.

I did not notice any real downside to the multiple stitching construction.

Summary
    It is a very nice comfortable mitt. The construction is excellent and should be every durable. The interior liner is very well attached and does not move around in use. I did not try this mitt with a traditional wash but I have used these type on wheels when they get old.

The only downside is that I am not a real fan of the finger pockets for the reasons stated earlier so see below although I would use it since I do like the feel.

Extra bonus
    I decided to remove the center stitch after I did the initial review. The center stitch removal is clearly added as one of the last steps since when removed it does not affect the construction.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Quick Review: Duragloss Microfber Wash Mitt

Excellent, in-depth review, Al.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Al.

Do you prefer these types of MF mitts to the "noodle / dreadlock" mitts?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post

Do you prefer these types of MF mitts to the "noodle / dreadlock" mitts?
    Thanks.

For rinseless, I prefer mf mitts to control pressure (one of my theories to reduce the chance of marring). I use multiple mitts but have not named my method yet.

For traditional wash, I like the dreadlock style (review coming of the PB`s mitt) and my Race Glaze mitts.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Thread Information