Post Thanks / Like

some thoughts on new products today

have the day off. so....after i had my tail light replaced (due to condensation) and a oil change, it was time to detail. all stuff is in the garage and ready to go.

WOLFGANG WHEEL& TIRE CLEANER: did a good job, but nothing special. at all. one could never afford this as regular cleaner. MOTHERS WHEEL & TIRE CLEANER or EAGLE ONE really blows this away and half the cost.

WOLFGANG TIRE GEL: i really never liked gels. period. but gave it a shot. applied with the cobra tire swipe. it did provide a nice even luster with one coat. very time consuming. and hard to get in some places. good for a gel. no way it will replace STONERS MORE SHINE TIRE SHINE. the best i have used to date. done in one min (all 4 tires) and a perfect, and i mean perfect result. no runs or sling. covers the entire side of the tire too. (aerosol). the cobra swipes....again nothing special.

WOLFGANG AUTO BATHE: FREE SAMPLE. interesting scent. lubricity was . other than that, again MEGS HYPER WASH blows this away.

COBRA WW DRYING TOWELS: nothing new here. i am really impressed with these towels. been washed a few times now in BF MF wash. whan i can afford it i would love the big one!

PRIMA HYDRO: been using this a few weeks now before drying off the vehicle. very impressive product! slickness and shine is way up there. i have read a mixture of 3:1 really is killer. 3 parts HYDRO and one part HYDRO SEAL. i might have to try this.

LOWES 1 GALLON GARDEN SPRAYER: MEGS HD mixed 4:1 in it for the wheel wells. this i liked. worked out good. nice fine adjustable spray and the wand lets you reach everywhere. a good $10 investement.

thats it. just my honest thoughts on what i used today. BTW: it was 50 but way too windy!!! brrrrrrr
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Re: some thoughts on new products today

Thanks for your quick and honest reviews on these items.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post

PRIMA HYDRO: been using this a few weeks now before drying off the vehicle. very impressive product! slickness and shine is way up there. i have read a mixture of 3:1 really is killer. 3 parts HYDRO and one part HYDRO SEAL. i might have to try this.

Try it! Adds a nice boost to protection as well. You could probably never "wax" again if you did this after every wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the quick reviews.

What dilution did you use for the Wolfgang wash? I still need to use Meg`s Hyperwash.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

it was a sample size. so about 1-2 oz in the foam gun. same in the buckets. hyperwash i only use one pump in the gun and same for buckets. (gallon size with pump)

i have the prima hydro wash also to try yet. review for that when used.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

WOLFGANG TIRE GEL: i really never liked gels. period. but gave it a shot. applied with the cobra tire swipe. it did provide a nice even luster with one coat. very time consuming. and hard to get in some places. good for a gel.

no way it will replace STONERS MORE SHINE TIRE SHINE. the best i have used to date. done in one min (all 4 tires) and a perfect, and i mean perfect result. no runs or sling. covers the entire side of the tire too. (aerosol). the cobra swipes....again nothing special.
    Wolfgang Tire Gel

I bought a couple of bottles last year and this is right after I received them. I always shake my products vigorously to ensure the liquids re-blend.

This "GEL" was not a gel at all but rather a runny concoction. I did contact Autogeek and was told that this is normal.....

Wolfgang Tire Gel

BobbyG

Post Thanks / Like

they must have changed it? mine was more of a white liquid. but my no means a gel. it did have the gold 3.0 sticker on it. somewhere in between a gel/liquid. i really cant fault it for a gel. guess i just dont like messing with gels. BUT.....one drawback to a aerosol (like stoners) is fly back on the paint/glass. on a windy day you will end up with "specks" all over the paint/glass. and have to wipe down the vehicle again. or dress them BEFORE you dry off. so yea, i can see why gels have their place.

bobby....yea. that just does look right.

side note: i have read DP tire gel is really good and a much better value then the WG.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

side note: i have read DP tire gel is really good and a much better value then the WG.
    What is your definition of a gel. Poorboys Bold n Bright Gel and Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel are both just thicker liquids..more lotion consistency. I guess gels sounds better than the word lotion. I like the thicker ones better than the runnier ones.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Thread Information