Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Metro Air Dryers?

I own and swear by my Metro `Air Force Master Blaster Dryer".
    I bought it a few years ago.
    It makes drying a motorcycle or vehicle a breeze and insures every crack and crevice gets thoroughly dry, unlike with micro-fiber towels by hand.
    Does anyone else here have and use one and what are your thoughts on it?

Air Force Master Blaster Motorcycle Dryer | Metropolitan Vacuum Cleaner

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Metro Air Dryers?

used the metro dryer at DF

INCREDIBLE
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I own the Master Blaster and honestly I could not imagine drying a car without it.
    Blowing all of the water out of the places you could never reach with a towel and not having to rub the paint as much when drying makes owning this machine invaluable to me.

The air is filtered and it does a wonderful job drying engine compartments too!
    Buddy

Flex 3401| PE14-150 Griots 6" | 3" PC 7336 | Rupes LHR21 | LHR 12E Duetto
    2014 Mercedes CLS550 - 2012 Audi Q7

Post Thanks / Like

Metro Master Blaster machines are nice but they are pricy...

BobbyG

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: Metro Air Dryers?

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Metro Master Blaster machines are nice but they are pricy...
    Yes, I paid about $350.00 for mine but I feel its worth every penny.
    The carry handle on mine got broke a while back and Metro sent me a brand new one free of charge including shipping!
    I have the biggest one they make, the 8 horse power model.
    As Audi X2 says, there`s no comparison with hand drying, the wear and tear put on the paint by hand drying is a detriment to the beauty of your vehicle.
    It has two separate motors that blow heated air.
    Air flow is 58,500 ft./min.
    Although..... the one and only thing I do not like about it is it draws so much amperage (19 Amps/2,280 Watts), and it weighs in at 16 pounds.
    I use a heavy duty orange indoor/outdoor extension cord and even it gets `hot` after a while from use.
    I may need to get a 20 Amp extension cord.

Last edited by Dispatch; 03-27-2013 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Additions.

Post Thanks / Like

i use my master blaster when my cars are freshly polished and i don`t want to scratch them by toweling them dry. works wonders and they are worth the money spent indeed. they also do a helluva job of blowing out gutters.

Post Thanks / Like

Let me expand my answer

I`ve used a leaf blower for years. Recently I also have used a compressor to blow out areas that the leaf blower would not. In the past, I have also used the water blades when in a rush (carefully, I would rinse in water first).

BUT

Having used the metro blower at DetailFest, I was totally amazed at how fast and how efficient it was.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have the metro sidekick and love it! Never dry a car without it. Best $75 ever spent and also has a filter and heats up the air. Love using it for all the crevices and especially my wheels and tires.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Have had the 8hp version for years. Use only 12awg extension cords. Wired myself up a 20amp circuit in the garage for this and my Steamer and Extractor, and life is good. It really works nice.
    I put in on the top of a 2 shelf large cart and that makes it easier to move around and gives me a more hose to get to places easier.

Get the bracket they sell to hang it up and then it is out of the way. I hang my big longer canister Metrovac the same way and both are off the floor and out of the way.
    Metro also sells nice hose brackets to get the hose up off the floor when not in use.

We are a Metro-Vac facility !

The family that owns and runs this place are very nice, decent, people. They have always gone the extra mile for me when I call and do business or just ask a question.

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Re: Metro Air Dryers?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Let me expand my answer

I`ve used a leaf blower for years. Recently I also have used a compressor to blow out areas that the leaf blower would not. In the past, I have also used the water blades when in a rush (carefully, I would rinse in water first).

BUT

Having used the metro blower at DetailFest, I was totally amazed at how fast and how efficient it was.
    NO, NO, NO, NO!!!!!
    No leaf blowers damn it!
    They are the worst thing you can use on your vehicle to dry it, they pick up dirt, dust and most importantly sand.
    They do not have catch filters like the Metro dryer does.
    Notice the wording, blower and dryer.
    Not to mention you can`t get into those tight cracks and crevices with a gas operated rake (leaf blower).
    Every time you use it to dry your vehicle you are blowing sand and small debris all over your nice clean paint!
    They also sometimes leak motor oil which gets blown out the sweep nozzle as well.
    Compressor`s leak oil too.
    For god sake man, next time you want to dry something let me know, I`ll lend you mine!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dispatch View Post
    NO, NO, NO, NO!!!!!
    No leaf blowers damn it!
    They are the worst thing you can use on your vehicle to dry it, they pick up dirt, dust and most importantly sand.
    They do not have catch filters like the Metro dryer does.
    Notice the wording, blower and dryer.
    Not to mention you can`t get into those tight cracks and crevices with a gas operated rake (leaf blower).
    Every time you use it to dry your vehicle you are blowing sand and small debris all over your nice clean paint!
    They also sometimes leak motor oil which gets blown out the sweep nozzle as well.
    Compressor`s leak oil too.
    For god sake man, next time you want to dry something let me know, I`ll lend you mine!
    well, at least mines electric

Post Thanks / Like

I like my Master Blaster too and did not have success with a leaf blower. I have a newer blower (a Toro) that would probably do better.

I consider the Master Blaster to be a "precision" dryer. Unless you have a hose attached to the leaf blower (seen it done), it can more susceptible to blowing debris from the driveway. I see the risk of lacking a filter is not that significant given the MB filter is fairly coarse itself.

If you just want to blow off the excess and then do a wipe down (like a detail spray or spray wax user) then less precision drying can work since you are going to touch the paint anyway.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

I have and love my MasterBlaster. It is great for a car with a coating or fresh coat of sealant / wax. I don`t think it speeds up my drying time, but it keeps me from touching my paint as I dry a vehicle. And the less I touch the paint the less marring I induce.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the Metro Vac Pro and it is great at drying the car. I have two sections of hose dedicated for just the blowing function. It performs best of you take off the inlet cap and remove the bag. I cannot imagine how the MB performs if this small Vac n Blo does so well.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Fergy-

Your only as good as your last detail

Post Thanks / Like

I always wash and dry the car in the garage so there is little chance of my leaf blower picking up sand etc just after washing the car. While the Metro Blaster is a fine piece of equipment but it seems a little pricey for a weekend detailer.

I put together two different adapters to allow me to use a 2.5" vacum hose with my electric leaf blower and it does a great job--the vacum hose is never used on the vacum as it is dedicated to the blower.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information