Post Thanks / Like

Product review of AutoBrite Direct UK Correct it Range (Compound/Polishes)

Well here is my official review of this product line from the UK. I will talk briefly about Meg`s D300, Meg`s 105 and Merzerna`s Power Finish 1500 within this review since I since I used them side by side to test working time and dust produced and cutting by these products used on several clients cars with the last few weeks.

Pics of Detailed car with AB Correct it Range: 2006 Subaru Legacy GT, 212k Miles.

"The AutoBrite Direct products will be abbrevated to (A for typing time"

Items used on clients cars for prepping the car for paint correction:

1: AutoBrite Direct MagiFoam Car Shampoo

2: NanoSkin AutoScruber (Med Grade)

3: AB Correct it Range Restore (made for 1500 grit scratch marks)

4: AB Correct it Range Enrich (made for 2500 grit scratch marks)

5: AB Correct it Range Anti-Hologram (Ultra Fine Polish made for 3000 + scratch marks or hazing)

6: Meg`s D300 for the Meg`s MF 6"

7: Meg`s M105

8: Merzerna PF 1500

9: Griots 6" DA

10: LC CCS Orange, Green foam pads

11: HexLogic Blue foam pad

12: Spray bottle for spritzing the foam pads

Well here it goes.....

I was sent by AB 15 products and the AB Correct it Range products are in 500 ML bottles and not full size retail bottles.

After using the AB MagiFoam Shampoo and giving the detailed car a very nice bath it was dried off then proceeded to use the the NanoSkin AutoScruber to remove all the contamination in the paint prepping process.

After drying the car off with a waffle weave 24x24 blue towel it was inspected for all paint defects.

Here are some 50/50 shots with using the AB Direct Restore compound to remove the heaviest of the swirls.

On the initial 50/50 shots I used the AB Restore Compound/Polish (Heaviest Cut).

So my opinion on using the AB Correct it Range Compounds/Polish line is as follows:

Like I have said I have use the above Meg`s compound line along with others in the past to remove paint defects. The 2 things I have seen while using those Meg`s products is the super short work time and the heavy dusting and sometimes its super hard to remove dried up product with a MF Towel.

Well when using the AB Correct it Range Compound/Polishes I have had none of the above problems experienced with the Meg`s products. The AB Correct if Range has been the best products I have ever used for this topic review of paint correction and polishing. This product no matter what I use in the 3 product line is that is has the longest working time without drying out or even dusting at anytime. I can work it like it feels forever and it keeps on cutting and correcting no matter if Im using the heaviest cut from "Restore to Enrich (Med cut and polish) and the final step of ultra fine polishing from the Anti-Hologram polish.

Even when using Menzerna`s PF 1500 which I love since its a very nice 1 step to for how it cuts and finishes off to a nice simple polish for 90% of my clients cars. I do notice it still produces alittle dust and longer working time then any of the Meg`s products that I have mentioned above. Even though the Menzerna has a oily feel when removing the AB Correct it Range came off with superior ease no matter how long I work it with total ease and I fell in love with this product.

So here are the pics:

1: 50/50 shot of the Hood (AB Restore) LC CCS Orange pad

2: 50/50 shot of the fender (AB Enrich) LC CCS Orange pad

3: Polished hood shot (AB Anti-Hologram Ultra Fine Polish) HexLogic Blue Pad

4: Polished passenger side (AB Anti-Hologram Ultra fine Polish) HexLogic Blue Pad

As a final note while using the AB Correct it Range products they dont have a chemical smell like Meg`s or Mezerna products. The AB Correct it Range Compound/Polishes all have a very enjoyable candy sweet smell.

If I was to rank what I have used in the past it would be:

1: AutoBrite Direct UK (all products used are by far I have every used)

2: Menzerna Power Finish 1500

3: Meg`s Compound`s (any of them)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Product review of AutoBrite Direct UK Correct it Range (Compound/Polishes)

Thanks for sharing.

Did you check for filling, and how did you check?

Post Thanks / Like

1st time hearing about this product. looks great
    Lexus Rx300

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Thanks for sharing.

Did you check for filling, and how did you check?
    Sorry no filling by the product that I used. Just straight up cutting and polishing ability. I never heard of anyone asking if M105 ever filled. If the stuff filled that would be great...wipe on...wipe off then seal...but not the case.

Post Thanks / Like

They look like quality products that seem to perform quite well. Thank you for the review and photos!!

BobbyG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by polisher View Post
    1st time hearing about this product. looks great
    Its 1 of the leader`s in detailing products in the UK and Europe, Plus they even detail..so like Griots who sells detailing products but dont know jack about detailing. Google...AutoBrite Direct...you will see

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reflectiveauto View Post
    Sorry no filling by the product that I used. Just straight up cutting and polishing ability. I never heard of anyone asking if M105 ever filled. If the stuff filled that would be great...wipe on...wipe off then seal...but not the case.
    Many people test all products for filling. Everybody product will, to some degree, fill. I was just wondering if you tested this and how you did

Post Thanks / Like

Its 1 of the leader`s in detailing products in the UK and Europe, Plus they even detail..so like Griots who sells detailing products but dont know jack about detailing. Google...AutoBrite Direct...you will see
    Interesting opinion...

At Autopia we strive to keep the forum as open as possible and allow the members of this board to express (whatever) opinions they have with one caveat.. It must be done in a respectful manner. This is whether Autopia has a relationship with the brand or not.

Your post definitely steps over that line. If you are not happy with Griot`s products or what you feel their level of expertise is, then please express it in a much more respectful manner.

I know several detailers who have worked with/for Griot`s Garage and have handled cars that cost 10`s of millions of dollars. I know of several class winners at Pebble Beach that have been detailed by the Griot`s crew. These are some of the best detailers in the world, including "one wing" Jason Kilmer (who is an asset to detailing and an inspiration to many of us). I cannot ask you defend your opinion with fact, but I must tell you to post your assumptions and opinions with respect.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Many people test all products for filling. Everybody product will, to some degree, fill. I was just wondering if you tested this and how you did
    Is an IPA wipedown good practice to test this?

Post Thanks / Like

I Googled it
    2014 Acura TL SH-AWD Tech
    2014 Acura MDX

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting opinion...

At Autopia we strive to keep the forum as open as possible and allow the members of this board to express (whatever) opinions they have with one caveat.. It must be done in a respectful manner. This is whether Autopia has a relationship with the brand or not.

Your post definitely steps over that line. If you are not happy with Griot`s products or what you feel their level of expertise is, then please express it in a much more respectful manner.

I know several detailers who have worked with/for Griot`s Garage and have handled cars that cost 10`s of millions of dollars. I know of several class winners at Pebble Beach that have been detailed by the Griot`s crew. These are some of the best detailers in the world, including "one wing" Jason Kilmer (who is an asset to detailing and an inspiration to many of us). I cannot ask you defend your opinion with fact, but I must tell you to post your assumptions and opinions with respect.

Thanks.
    I second this.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Opti Coat Pro Certified Orinda Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I just love your FB profile pic of the fr-s out in the sun! Was that done with nano skin or ab?

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting opinion...

Thanks.
    Im sorry...I was up late doing this review like at 2am...If it matters I really love my Griots 6" DA. You speak of Jason Kilmer...he is a friend of mine and I see and talk to him on a regular basis and I can tell you he is not fan of Griots products at all. You speak of Pebble Beach car`s. Those cars can be made look real good with Turtle Wax since those cars are babied cars and I bet 99.9% of those super expensive cars are not daily drivers like the cars I detail on a daily basis. Just because a detailer has a bottle of Griots chemical in his hands does not make them some of the finest detailers around...that Pebble Beach car has been super well maintained well before hand. This is my feeling on Griots chemical products like their waxes, compounds, polishes and the sort..they are ok for that "Weekend Warrior Homebody" who wants to think they have a proper detail.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmooth View Post
    I just love your FB profile pic of the fr-s out in the sun! Was that done with nano skin or ab?
    Thanks...its a BRZ though...easy to mistake since they look alike since they are like the same car. It was coated with the NanoSkin Shield Glass Molecule. Its holding up for 7 months and still going strong.

Thread Information