Post Thanks / Like

Solution Finish Review... well kind of

Hello everyone, had this review up at AG but forgot to post it here as well.

I wanted to see how well Solution Finish would work WITHOUT prep. "But Roshan, that`s just stupid and a waste of time" you say.

Well hear me out. Say for example SF applied properly with prep lasts 3 months. And say SF lasts 2 months without prep. I wouldn`t mind it applying it more often to avoid the 15 or so minutes of prep, SO LONG as the SF did indeed last for a bit.

A lot of people over at AG flamed me for this review, so I will say this: Is this an unfair review, yes. Do I care, no. Take it for what it`s worth.

P.S. Please ignore bumper damage. Bought my car used and apparently the prior owner had too small of a garage :sigh: :facepalm:

P.P.S. Lots of chips and damage because this is my DD. When I can afford it, I will get it fully repainted and then covered.

Application: Put it on using MF applicator. Did not buff off because I wanted as much product as possible to bond to the trim. It is important to not that the trim I was using was textured trim and not smooth. Lots of people say this product does not bond well at all with smooth trim.

Day 1 (10/13/2012)

50/50

Right side treated:

Left side untreated:

2 weeks later (after a few waterless washes):

1 month later (final):

Conclusion: Clearly, there is a reason they say prep is required. SF started to wear out after 2 weeks and fully wore off by 1 month. What I find interesting is that SF does not dissolve waxes, but rather covers them, as my white staining has reappeared.

Questions/Comments/Concerns/Flaming/Free Pizza, please leave it below. For the last one, you can send it my house

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Solution Finish Review... well kind of

TY for your review, like most products a prep is one of the most important thing to do for any product to work as the manufacturer has intended for them. I been using it and once every 2 month`s just after a good cleaning of my ride I reapply it to my plastic trim to keep up with it. Don`t get me wrong it`s a great product and other`s out there work great also like Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus and Poorboy’s World Trim Restorer.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Thread Information