Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Adams Products

Post Thanks / Like

Adams Products

Hey guys just wanted to start a thread to get everyones opinion on Adams products. I have used the entire line some products better than others but for the most part a great product and great company my only concern is the price some of the items that I like are really pricy ie. Adams super VRT Tire Dressing $99.95 per gallon ouch. Just wanting to get everyone feedback appreciate all your advise thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Adams Products

I havent tried them but have heard decent things about their products. I personally dont buy their products because of the way they treated one of their main PR guys and someone who helped their products get noticed. Anyone who knows the Junkman should know what im talking about. He has plenty of vids on youtube.

Post Thanks / Like

I do know who the Junkman is love that guy! He`s not with Adams any longer? Thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like

Nah he`s no longer with them, they did him dirty. Even deleted all his threads and how-to`s Junkman posted on the Adam`s forum.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TacoHerder View Post
    Nah he`s no longer with them, they did him dirty. Even deleted all his threads and how-to`s Junkman posted on the Adam`s forum.
    He`s now back with them...

Post Thanks / Like

Really? As of last month when I talked to him he wasnt.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TacoHerder View Post
    Really? As of last month when I talked to him he wasnt.
    Oops I am mistaken. He talked A LOT about Adam`s in a few videos. He posted a thread on Camaro5 just a few days ago http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2614 and I assumed the videos were new. It appears they are from 2010 and he just never posted them to Camaro5.

So nope, my mistake.

Post Thanks / Like

Ya, he is on a lot of forums. Cool guy, he really helps out and doesnt ask for anything in return.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by uniquedetail View Post
    Hey guys just wanted to start a thread to get everyones opinion on Adams products. I have used the entire line some products better than others but for the most part a great product and great company my only concern is the price some of the items that I like are really pricy ie. Adams super VRT Tire Dressing $99.95 per gallon ouch. Just wanting to get everyone feedback appreciate all your advise thanks.
    I was selected many years ago by Adams to do some field testing, as you`ve stated most all of their line is very good. However they are not ( at least last I looked) are not in the bulk supplier market, they are more boutique line ( weekend detailer)
    If you are looking for gallon buys, Megs, Poorboys World, Chemical Guys are a few that have bulk at decent prices.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA
    Likes XxBoostinxX liked this post

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy View Post
    I was selected many years ago by Adams to do some field testing, as you`ve stated most all of their line is very good. However they are not ( at least last I looked) are not in the bulk supplier market, they are more boutique line ( weekend detailer)
    If you are looking for gallon buys, Megs, Poorboys World, Chemical Guys are a few that have bulk at decent prices.
    Bingo, couldn`t have said it better Dave.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

I have several issues with that company:
    1) their stuff is not economical and frankly if you are in business...forget about it.
    2) their stuff doesn`t have very good durability and you find yourself restocking a lot. I`m sure it`s part of the plan.
    3) polishes suck.
    4) their claim about offering only American made products is a lie.
    5) their video are BS.. Usually exotics already in great condition.
    6) they have turned the Camaro 5 forum into a high five Adams get together. Anything else posted is usually not read or completely disregarded.

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t have a lot of first hand experience with Adam`s products; I have tried a few of them a couple times.

However, they appear to have a loyal customer base who not only appreciate their product offering, but also their customer service. Working for a company (PBMG) that focuses on customer service, I can admire their dedication. It is nice to know that the detailing industry, as a whole, has so many great companies that have such a great customer service reputation.

I am sure, based on other`s testimony, that their products perform well. Ultimately technique will always trump product selection. SSizzlin has bought, tried, and returned more products from more companies then a public library and has had some really positive things to say about Adam`s products. Ultimately I am biased, but I am sure @ Autopia, because of wide selection of premium brand products, we offer anything you could ever what at any price range you are looking for.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t used any of their products but there are a few I`d like to try. I will say I love their hose shutoff valve. I have an identical one and it works great. I hear their fire nozzle is just as good also.

Most of the complaints I`ve seen are over price more than performance.
    Thanks Hollis80 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Adam`s is a first rate company with excellent customer service.
    As far as their products go I am more impressed with the tools like the fire nozzle etc. vs. the chemicals.
    In my opinion many of the product formulations are far behind what are available from other companies.
    Buddy

Flex 3401| PE14-150 Griots 6" | 3" PC 7336 | Rupes LHR21 | LHR 12E Duetto
    2014 Mercedes CLS550 - 2012 Audi Q7

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve checked Adam`s out and its not for me. Why? Part of the fun of detailing is pulling out the best of everyone`s line as my go to products. I just doesn`t seem like anything they have is groundbreaking or superior over others. Like Menz for polish, Tuff Shine for tires, CG soaps, and PBMG LSPs ( love Fuzion, Souveran, & BF). However, all their products command a premium price.

Also, I seem to recall watching a video series where they were "polishing" a car and recommend that backing plate only needs to jiggle and not spin to achieve results with a DA. I`ve been very successful with my DA using Mike Phillip`s methods.

Just can`t see how anyone would buy their stuff when presented with all the choices and deals from PBMG

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information