Post Thanks / Like

Review: Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant

Review: Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant

Introduction:

I was another of the lucky members to receive some of the new Wolfgang products to try/review. I had not intentionally tried to be the "final word" with my review but weather and work got in the way.

I don`t "dress" a lot of interiors. I prefer the factory matte look so generally use CG Innerclean or Megs Quick Interior Detailer to clean and provide UV protection. Both leave my preferred look. But, as Stig sent me the Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant, I was going to try it. Having read Pat`s & Troy`s reviews, I expected it to go on glossier than UIGP (nice product but too glossy for me - then again, even a satin finish is).

Thanks again to Corey for providing the format and to Stig & PBMG for providing the samples.

Product

Product Claims:

From Autopia Car Care site - Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant

"Bathe your interior in luxurious protection

Advanced polymeric coating protects all interior surfaces
    Produces a rich, natural, satin finish
    Imparts a subtle, tactile feel

Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant is the future of interior care, today! Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant is different from ordinary interior trim products. It is not an oil or even water based dressing, but rather a polymer based sealant designed to bond to all of your interior surfaces. It provides a durable layer of protection and creates a natural beauty that lasts. If the idea of a greasy interior makes you cringe, trust the German engineering poured into each bottle of Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant.

Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant provides your vehicle`s interior with unmatched protection. The interior of your vehicle is subject to normal wear and tear due to regular use. The trim can fade, crack, or dry out over time if not properly maintained. Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant coats all of your interior surfaces in an extremely durable polymeric film that resists soiling and sun fade, maintains optimum levels of moisture, and prevents staining.

All of your interior surfaces will benefit from Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant including fine grain and premium leather, plastic, rubber, vinyl, metal, and wood trim. Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant even works great on carpet, fabric, headliners, and upholstery. It is a truly the only protectant your interior surfaces will ever need.

With Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant, faded and worn interior pieces will regain a like-new appearance. Interiors that are already in good shape will be amplified and protected without appearing shiny, greasy, or uneven. On solid surfaces such as leather, vinyl, or plastic trim, Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant will impart a soft, tactile feel that will remind you of the finest European leather.

Always apply Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant to clean surfaces for best results. Clean surfaces to be treated with an appropriate formula: Use Detailer`s Interior Cleaner for most hard interior surfaces, Wolfgang Carpet & Upholstery Restore for fabric, or Wolfgang Leather Care Cleaner for leather surfaces. Shake bottle well before application and periodically during use.

When applying to hard surfaces such as leather, plastic, rubber, soft-touch material, metal and wood, mist a light amount on to a foam applicator and work into the surface in overlapping motions. Use a soft microfiber towel to remove any excess product. If less shine is desired, lightly buff the surface two minutes after application.

When applying to fabric, upholstery or carpet, spray Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant directly onto the surface and allow to penetrate. Work into the surface with a soft towel."

Details:

1.- Packaging: Plastic Bottle with Finger Sprayer
    2.- Directions: Clearly labelled
    3.- Viscosity: About the same as water
    4.- Color: Clear
    5.- Scent: Light chemical/solvent
    6.- Price at time of review: 8oz = $ 29.99
    7.- Manufacturer: Wolfgang
    9.- Made in: USA

Other Products Used:

Red/yellow foam applicator
    MF

Test Car:

2011 Flamenco Red Metallic Volvo C70 T5
    2003 Carbon Blue Hyundai Tiburon GT

Preparation:

Wiped down vinyl surfaces with Swiffer pad to lift dust. If really dirty, use an interior cleaner or mild APC (or steam) to clean the surfaces to be protected.

Application:

Sprayed on red/yellow foam applicator and worked in to the vinyl. Followed a few minutes later with MF wipe.

Observations:

On the Volvo, it went on very matte and stayed that way. The Volvo`s texture on the vinyl is rather deep so maybe that accounted for the difference between Pat + Troy and my observations.

Decided to try on my Tiburon. It did go on fairly glossy but, as I worked it in with the applicator, the gloss went pretty much away. It dried to a satin finish. Also used on the black leather and got the same results.

Like Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal, very little is needed so I expect the 8oz bottle to go quite far.

I didn`t notice much darkening but the vinyl was in excellent shape on both cars. Definitely not oily or slick.

Before

After

Before

After

Does it meet its claims? Yes.

Comparisons:

As mentioned, it appears to be more matte than UIGP. Otherwise, similar application.

Pros:
    1.- Beautiful matte finish
    2.- Easy to apply

????:
    1. Durability.

Cons:
    1.- None that I saw.

Final Observations and Summary:

I liked Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant. Easy & quick application and I liked the finish. I saw no claim about longevity but, if at all like the other Wolfgang products I`ve used, would expect a fair amount. I will be using on my own cars.

Comments and questions are encouraged. Thanks for viewing!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Wolfgang Cockpit Trim Sealant

Nice review Mike.

When I got a slightly more glossy finish I simply wipe it on lightly and walked away. I didn`t work it in at all. But after a awhile it became a nice satin / matte finish as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Another nice review Mike. I like the finish it left behind.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    Nice review Mike.

When I got a slightly more glossy finish I simply warped it on lightly and walked away. I didn`t work it in at all. But after a awhile it became a nice satin / matte finish as well.

Troy how do you warp something on??? JK

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Troy and Ron.

I love autocorrect so much that I have turned it off on my phone and tablet.

Thread Information