Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash

Review: Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash

Introduction:

I received a surprise package from Stig a couple of weeks ago containing new Pinnacle products.

Now, I rinseless wash my cars almost exclusively and often, depending on circumstance, do my customers` cars. I actually prefer rinseless washing (with the technique below) to traditional washing. And, combined with foaming, think I get the best of all worlds in terms of cleaning, paint safety, economy of product, time spent and results. So, when one of these turned out to be a rinseless wash, I was pumped.

Thanks to Corey again for providing the format and thanks to Stig & PBMG for providing the product.

Product:

Product Claims:

From Autopia Car Care site -

"The rinseless wash formulated for automobile lovers!

Safely removes dirt, grime, and road pitch from delicate paint surfaces without scratching
    Blankets the paint with a layer of Pinnacle`s famous carnauba wax
    Easy-to-use formula safely washes and waxes your paint anywhere you can bring a bucket

Give your automobile Pinnacle`s trademark wet shine each time you wash it with Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash with Carnauba. Pinnacle has a proud tradition of creating dazzling wet paint finishes using the finest blend of ivory carnauba waxes. Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash with Carnauba is formulated with the purest grade carnauba wax to clean, protect, and shine your automobile in one easy step. This ultra-high lubricity formula floats dirt and grit off of the surface without scratching. The premium Pinnacle carnauba wax imparts a deep, shimmering shine that dances across your body work. Pinnacle Rinseless Wash with Carnauba is the quick and safe way for connoisseurs to care for their automobiles.
    Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash with Carnauba can be used as a high gloss detail spray!

Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash with Carnauba cleans your automobile with just a few gallons of water. That means less water running down the drain or finding its way into rust prone areas of aged coachwork. By eliminating the need for a rinse, you can now pamper your automobile with the finest care anytime, anywhere! The advanced cleaning agents in Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash with Carnauba encapsulate road soil, dirt, filth and grime providing a protective barrier against scratching the most delicate paint finishes.

Carnauba wax is nature`s precious protectant that is harvested from the Carnauba Palm, found in Northeastern Brazil. When blended to perfection, it gives paint an unmistakeable shine. Pinnacle has been crafting the finest carnauba waxes for over two decades. Enjoy the very same carnauba wax each time you wash your automobile with Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash. The premium grade carnauba wax in Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash bonds to the finish as you are washing to protect the paint, then cures to impart your paint with a liquid shine as your dry. You can use Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash to clean and protect all wax finishes but the result is especially breathtaking when used on automobiles already treated with Pinnacle`s fine waxes.

Pinnacle Natural Brilliance is dedicated to protecting the environment. By eliminating the amount of water needed for washing, as well as preventing run-off from rinse water, Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash with Carnauba is an ideal eco-conscious alternative to traditional car washes. Now you can pamper your automobile even if you live in a water restricted area."

Details:

1.- Packaging: Plastic bottle
    2.- Directions: Clearly labeled
    3.- Viscosity: About the same as water
    4.- Color: Pale yellow
    5.- Scent: I`m told mango. I can say is really good.
    6.- Price at time of review: 16oz = $ 17.99
    7.- Manufacturer: Pinnacle Natural Brilliance
    9.- Made in: USA

Other Products Used:

2 gallon bucket
    Distilled water
    16x12 660 GSM MF
    16x16 Plush MF
    12x24 Waffle Weave MF

Preparation:

Depending on how dirty the car is, I will foam, rinse with pressure washer and (mostly) dry with 8hp MetroVac. If not too bad or pressed for time, I`ll skip the foaming.

Application:

From my Rinseless Roundup. A whole lot easier to show than explain.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ6AM3UC3QI

With foaming, about 40 min plus another 15 for wheels and tires. Without foaming and wheels/tires, maybe 20 minutes.

Observations:

Awesome fragrance. From the first wipe, I could tell Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash was going to leave a beautiful finish - and it certainly did. Cleans very well. Obviously, left no marring.

Afters

Used this much to do the entire car. This is why it is even more cost effective than traditional washing.

Does it meet its claims? Yes.

Pros:

1.- Excellent finish
    2.- Safe, quick cleaning
    3.- Great fragrance
    4.- Collects less dust than many other rinseless washes.

Cons:

1.- None I`ve found.

Final Observations and Summary:

So, for those of you who read my Rinseless Roundup are probably wondering where it fits amongst the other rinseless washes I`ve tried. I have no qualms about putting Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash at the top of the list with Blackfire. It has more of the "jetting" factor than BF but BF has a different beauty that is appealing to me, too.

I love this stuff!! Bought a gallon.

Great job Pinnacle!! Highest recommendation.

Comments and questions are encouraged. Thanks for viewing!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Pinnacle Liquid Gloss Rinseless Wash

Nice review Mike. Pinnacle Rinseless is an amazing product. The slick finish it leaves is great.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review. There seems to be a lot more rinseless options these days.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

This review was very helpful, especially the video you included. I can see that I my understanding of "washing" a car is far different than what Detailers are doing. Meaning it is a far gentler technique that is being used...

Understanding that I am new at this let me ask a question...

This process is called ""rinseless" because it involves the use of a bucket in which the MF towel is placed and wrung out? Is that right?

If there is no bucket and the MF towel is dry then the process is called "waterless"? Is that right?

Just trying to get a better grasp of the various methods...

Post Thanks / Like
    Great review Mike. I love your video. Very helpful on how a rinse less wash should be done.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

great review mike. it sure seemed to enhance the nice finish on your ride and i`m surprised at how little it took to complete your clean-up.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ben, Al, Pat and Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack K View Post
    This review was very helpful, especially the video you included. I can see that I my understanding of "washing" a car is far different than what Detailers are doing. Meaning it is a far gentler technique that is being used...

Understanding that I am new at this let me ask a question...

This process is called ""rinseless" because it involves the use of a bucket in which the MF towel is placed and wrung out? Is that right?

If there is no bucket and the MF towel is dry then the process is called "waterless"? Is that right?

Just trying to get a better grasp of the various methods...
    My techniques are similar but there are a couple of differences. First, the product. Waterless washes contain far more polymers than rinseless washes. In both, the polymers lift the dirt and encapsulate it cleaning and protecting the paint while doing so but rinseless washes need the added water to do the job. Waterless products are "drier" in that much less product is used than rinseless. (No run off so greener, if you are in to that.) The other big difference is that in waterless, the "wash" towel is dry and, in rinseless, the towel is quite wet. The MF towels I use for the wash phase of rinseless easily hold 8-10 oz of solution.

I guess what I`m trying to convey is that waterless is a "damp" wash where rinseless is a "wet" wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Mike.

Post Thanks / Like

Outstanding results! Look like I`ll have to pick some up to try after I run out of ONR.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Troy and Laguna.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m definitely sold on rinseless washes Mike and this is another example of what`s on the market today... Pinnacle has really amped up their line and I`m glad they did. Pinnacle offers some great products and this is another example of their dedication to excellence...

Nice review Mike!

BobbyG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjlinane View Post
    My techniques are similar but there are a couple of differences. First, the product. Waterless washes contain far more polymers than rinseless washes. In both, the polymers lift the dirt and encapsulate it cleaning and protecting the paint while doing so but rinseless washes need the added water to do the job. Waterless products are "drier" in that much less product is used than rinseless. (No run off so greener, if you are in to that.) The other big difference is that in waterless, the "wash" towel is dry and, in rinseless, the towel is quite wet. The MF towels I use for the wash phase of rinseless easily hold 8-10 oz of solution.

I guess what I`m trying to convey is that waterless is a "damp" wash where rinseless is a "wet" wash.
    This is very helpful. I was focusing only on the MF towel being wet or dry and not taking into account the product itself.

I have only used a waterless solution and now will experiment with a rinseless product. Thanks for taking the time to explore the differences. I will now also have to do more reading about "polymers!"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Bobby.

Glad I could help, Jack.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m confused with your picture of how much you used. I thought with rinseless wash you would add one ounce of the rinseless wash to 2 gallons of water, soak MF in there, and then wash and dry using MF towels and your solution?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
    I`m confused with your picture of how much you used. I thought with rinseless wash you would add one ounce of the rinseless wash to 2 gallons of water, soak MF in there, and then wash and dry using MF towels and your solution?
    Did you get a chance to watch the video in the review?

From my Rinseless Roundup. A whole lot easier to show than explain.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ6AM3UC3QI

The key is the dirty MFs never go back into the single 2 gallon bucket mixture. I place the dirty MFs in another empty 5 gallon bucket. After the car is washed any left over solution is poured into a gallon jug and saved for another wash.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information