Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ultimate Microfiber Thread..PICS!!

Very nice! You got some great photo shots as well! Heath should be proud of his apprentice!! Autoality is certainly stepping up their MF game.

Post Thanks / Like

The following was my first purchase before I found this site. They are cheap and they work good for taking the initial wipe when taking wax off. They are Eurow brand and are similar to the Cobra general purpose I bought and sold.

The following towels are another Eurow brand towel. This was just an experiment in trying to buy something that was economic, thick and soft. They are described as Double Density 660 gsm. They are slightly smaller then the average towel at approx. 12x16. They are really thick and soft but seem to shed a little lint while buffing. I like them for taking the final wipe on QD spray and the final buff on wax. Not too bad of a towel at 3 for $9.95.

The following towels are CG Monster towels. I found these on Amazon at a decent price. Since I have just gotten these I have used them very little and so far I think they are better then the other towels I own. I used them once for the final buff on QD and final wipe on drying and like them so far. They are noted as being 550+ g/m2 with a silk band and are 70/30 blend. I liked them enough to order a half dozen more.

The following towels are GG Speed Shine towels. These towels I got with the GG clay kit, it come with these 3 towels, clay and a bottle SS QD spray. I don`t know what the weight is of these but they compare in thickness to the CG blue towels only these are a lot softer. I use these for initial wipe QD spray. These are a nice towel in my book.

And finally is my drying towel which it is a Meguiars Water Magnet. I was using an Absorber and believe that was putting scratches in my clear coat. This is priced right and it does seem to soak up the water really well. I like it but have purchased a Viking 9 sq ft towel to try and to have a 2nd one on hand.

The amateur I am I bought the Eurow towels before I found this site and learned what a good towel was. Even though these towels are cheap they seem to work fine for taking off polish and the initial wipe taking off wax. I had ordered a 6 pack bundle of general purpose towels by Cobra, the yellow ones and of course looked at the photo they looked thick and didn`t read on and when they showed up those were the same exact thing as the Eurow GP towels I had but cost a lot more. I think I paid less then $15 for a dozen Eurow towels and those Cobra towels were $19 for 6. So when looking for a towel look for more then the name you will save money in the long run.
    Dean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Some more towels I like:

These are from Microfiber Tech. I believe they are 360 gsm and are fairly plush for the weight. I believe they are the exact same towels AG sells as Cobra Gold Jr in this weight, just a different color. They have a microfiber border and are about $3 a towel if buy 10. They are excellent all purpose towels. 16x16". They are dual nap (long / short)

This next towel is also from MF Tech. It`s called the Auto Spa Pocket Wheel Cloth. It has hand pockets on each side with a MF border. It feels like its about 320 gsm.

This next towel is from Detailers Domain. It`s called an Uber QD MF towel. It`s super soft and shaggy and great for waterless washes. The border is satin and the are 600 gsm. Size is 16x16". These towels are much softer than a similar weight Cobra, however, this makes them not grab wax or polish as good as the Purple Cobras, hence the name QD towel.

I will post more soon, I have a decent amount of towels!

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, I guess I`ll give this a go.

Carpro Boa`s

"Super Towel" 70/30 360gsm

6 pack of Ultimate Guzzler`s

CG "Monster`s"

CG Micro Cotton. Whatever that is. They do work well.

Autozone "Muppet" Towel. I have know idea what this towel is for but I had to have it.

I believe this is a Microtex towel. Feels very soft.

Target Towels.

6 pack of MFT 600gsm towels. Look awfully like some other High End 600`s.

Autogeek Pumpkin towels

CG Gray Matter WW and a old OTC towel.

CG Sasquatch.

Autozone 30x30 towel w/pockets.

Autogeek Special WW.

CG 16x24 WW.

1 CG Wooly Mammoth. This towel is a beast.

MFT edgeless

I think I got this at O`Reillys. It is really soft.

Not including Sam`s Club towels, that is about it for now.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a towel that I guard with my life because it came from England and I only have one. This towel is Bilt Hamber`s Large Microfiber Buffing Cloth. It`s 375gsm with a 70/30 blend with what BH call "soft over locked edges". It`s 60x40 cm (that`s about 23.5" x 16.5"). Nap on both sides appears identical.

It`s great for buffing off traditional paste waxes and has a slightly different feel than all my other towels in this range. It has a "suede" feel to it, but I wouldn`t classify it as a suede towel. Towel is very soft. You can get these from Bilt Hamber direct relatively cheap, about 5 for 21 bucks - but it`s the UK shipping that makes it add up. It`s a pretty nice towel, and the larger size gives you more surface to work with if your buffing off a difficult wax or polish. Also, you can fold it in "eights" apposed to "fours"; giving you more sides and more cushion to buff with.

Towel folded in "eights"

Post Thanks / Like

Great pics everyone!!! I got some new ones Ill take tomorrow.
    2014 Acura TL SH-AWD Tech
    2014 Acura MDX

Post Thanks / Like
    This towel is a bit of a mystery. At AG`s Detail Fest 2012 I was a lucky winner of a PoorBoys Deluxe Sample Kit in a raffle.

The Kit:

In this kit came with a very large 34" x 20" suede type towel that is very soft and has fine microfibers. I checked out PB`s website thinking it was a towel they sell, but none currently matches the description. You can see how the towel came with the kit in the picture above..

The closest towel on PB`s website to this towel is their Velvet Smooth Glass Towel. However, that towel is 16"x16" and is green. This seems like the same towel, only its a different color and size. Towel is great for glass and does feel like velvet or suede. Nap is very short and fine, so I wouldn`t touch any paint that is dirty with this towel. Towel has no tags and sewn edges. Nap is the same on each side.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe that is a velvet smooth. They use to make one that was 21x36. They`re kinda hard to find now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I believe that is a velvet smooth. They use to make one that was 21x36. They`re kinda hard to find now.
    What where they recommended for, glass?

Post Thanks / Like

Final wipe down and glass cleaning.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfahlc1 View Post
    thats a whole lotta towels, how often do you have to wash em
    If they are Waterless wash towel I wash them that same week, but if its QD, wax removal, polish removal...etc I might not wash for a month. Here`s 2 loads from this weekend.
    2014 Acura MDX

Post Thanks / Like

The Woobie towel.

2014 Acura MDX
    Likes 4u2nvinmtl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dd1101 View Post
    The Woobie towel.