Post Thanks / Like

Thrifty Vs Fifty Ep 2 : Optimum Power Clean vs LA`s Totally Awesome (Tire Cleaner)

Hey guys, this is the second episode in a series of videos I`m making called Thrifty vs Fifty.

Essentially I`m comparing two products that can do the same function: one with a low price tag and the other with a high one... and to see if the added price is worth it. Hence, the thrifty vs fifty.

I`m not just going around finding the cheapest and most expensive options out there and comparing them. In my eyes, that comparison would be useless. I am comparing two products that people on forums have highly recommended for a certain task and then if they have big enough different price points, making a video comparison.

Today`s episode is on tire cleaners. LA`s Totally Awesome vs OPC at a 1:3 dilution!

So without further ado, here is the video:

Thrifty Vs Fifty Episode 2

LA`s Totally Awesome:

$6 dollars

OPC:

$36 a gallon

Conclusion:

Both products work extremely well. OPC cleaned a bit better and a bit faster.

Advantage:

LA`s Totally Awesome gets the advantage nod from me, because even though it may deliver a bit less performance, the price being $30 cheaper outweighs that.

Furthermore, a higher dilution of LATA might overcome the performance difference, but I have not done any tests on that...

Hope you guys enjoyed

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thrifty Vs Fifty Ep 2 : Optimum Power Clean vs LA`s Totally Awesome (Tire Cleaner)

Great video, thank you for taking the time to record your results and provide the review.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Thrifty Vs Fifty Ep 2 : Optimum Power Clean vs LA`s Totally Awesome (Tire Cleaner)

Quote Originally Posted by Wors View Post
    Great video, thank you for taking the time to record your results and provide the review.
    Thanks for taking the time to watch

Post Thanks / Like

Loved the video! Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ca.detailchick View Post
    Loved the video! Thanks!
    Thanks for watching and the compliment

In case anyone was interested, here was the thread with my first review:

http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...r-cleaner.html

Post Thanks / Like

Tried another test:

LA`s Totally Awesome straight from the bottle matched OPC 3:1 and also Tuf Shine Tire Cleaner straight... just food for thought

It did however take 3 applications of LA`s Totally Awesome to get to a white lather once again though. I imagine OPC and Tuf Shine taking less applications.

On the other hand, OPC and Tuf Shine Tire Cleaner did smells worlds better than LATA... and I noticed that LATA overspray in my face causes me to cough. Not very user friendly for sure.

Thread Information