Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Review: Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash

Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash

First I would love to make this review a Q&A format, Ill check this thread often and answer your questions.

I consider myself a waterless wash junkie. Between 3 of our cars I wash them weekly, with either Blackfire or Ultima.

Recently I had the privilege to test out the new Pinnacle Waterless Wash (Thanks Stig & PBMG). I was really excited the first night I got the product:righton: to test them out. It was almost dark but I got pics of the front end all clean on my TL and I tried in my wifes passenger side door too for a test spot first…Now I think my neighbors think I am nuts for cleaning my car in the dark now….O well

Thoughts on why this product is different from other and why should it be added to your arsenal?? It’s a one stop shop, I tend to use a QD or spray wax after I do a waterless wash. With the Pinnacle this was not needed, the finish was LSP smooth and no streaking. This is very similar if not better than one of my favorite waterless that cost a lot more(Megs)..

With a Waterless wash don’t be afraid to use more, this is the one situation were I believe more is better, I used about 12 towels and 24 oz of liquid; so the concentrate is one amazing buy. 4 Gallons from the concentrate :righton:

Before I got started I gathered about 12 or so MF towels, I first did the panel on my wife’s car and then proceeded to my 2001 TL.

The product:

My dirty hood

Product sprayed and letting it soak for a minute

50/50 after the initial wipe.

All clean!!!!

Next I tried it on my Wifes car. 2010 Bronze CRV, look at the Civic in the background as a reference point.

Lastly I tried it on my other car, here I was trying to remove water spots.

Today I left the office at around 6 pm, my black car was parked so the front was facing the open part of the garage. I know earlier today it rained but didn`t think it rained sideways like it did. The front of the TSX was covered in water spots!!

Luckily I still had the PLCWW in my TL

Since the temp was 55 outside I let it sit for a minute or two

WIped and all gone,

Finally Thoughts

Like I said I am a waterless junkie and usually need about 24 or so OZs to do a whole car.
    Before I make a purchase of this I needed to know it works and it works really darn well

I will summarize what I did on the 3 cars and what I was looking/testing for.

1.White Acura TL- Car was lightly soiled mainly black dust from road construction. Sprayed wiped right off, and did not leave streaking or scratching.

2. Bronze CRV- My wifes car was heavily soiled, because of the color you cant tell but look at the pics and use the Civic in the reflection as a reference point. Here the product was sprayed and I let it sit for couple of minutes. Wiped to a shine.

3- Black Acura TSX- Perfect time to test for water spots!!! and it passed I am really picky on what I use on the newer Acura, and this stuff took the dried water spots right off, and I didn`t even have to use a QD to follow up.

It passed all 3 test, dusty conditions, heavily soiled, and water-spots. Now I am about to order the concentrate. I really hope this helps yall make a informed decision, and if you have questions please ask.

-Dhaval
    2014 Acura TL SH-AWD Tech
    2014 Acura MDX

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Pinnacle Liquid Crystal Waterless Wash

Great review, thanks for posting!

When you have time, please share your thoughts comparing Pinnacle to Ultima Waterless Wash Plus - since both are great values in concentrate form, I`m sure many are eager to know which to purchase in their next order

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna View Post
    Great review, thanks for posting!

When you have time, please share your thoughts comparing Pinnacle to Ultima Waterless Wash Plus - since both are great values in concentrate form, I`m sure many are eager to know which to purchase in their next order
    This is almost like comparing who is your favorite child

My Fav is Blackfire Waterless, it was the first waterless I used and hooked.

All three (UWW, BF , & Pinnacle) work almost identical when it comes to cleaning the car. Where the Pinnacle really shines is in the slick finish and shine. So if my car has a NUBA LSP I am going to use Pinnacle, if I have a sealant LSP Ill use UWW or BF.
    2014 Acura MDX

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dd1101 View Post
    This is almost like comparing who is your favorite child

My Fav is Blackfire Waterless, it was the first waterless I used and hooked.

All three (UWW, BF , & Pinnacle) work almost identical when it comes to cleaning the car. Where the Pinnacle really shines is in the slick finish and shine. So if my car has a NUBA LSP I am going to use Pinnacle, if I have a sealant LSP Ill use UWW or BF.
    Haha, thanks for the explanation, it`s appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

Thoughts on why this product is different from other and why should it be added to your arsenal?? It’s a one stop shop, I tend to use a QD or spray wax after I do a waterless wash.
    Hey Dhaval,

You use QD after your waterless wash? Because you listed UWW+ and Blackfire, and I don`t use QD after either of those, and in fact, I thought both lay down a layer of polymers for a wax like feel for about 3 to 4 days :

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
    Hey Dhaval,

You use QD after your waterless wash? Because you listed UWW+ and Blackfire, and I don`t use QD after either of those, and in fact, I thought both lay down a layer of polymers for a wax like feel for about 3 to 4 days :
    Roshan they do lay down polymers but its just something I do to add that extra 3.14159% gloss to the car .

Have you used Blackfire Polymer Spray??? Once you use it I promise you will understand.

Also do you go to UF? I left gvill in 2005 to go to USF and wifey graduated from their in 2007.
    2014 Acura MDX

Post Thanks / Like

great review dhaval, makes you want to carry an extra bottle around in your car for any unseen emergencies.

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice review, thanks for sharing!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your review. You`ve made me a believer in this product. I currently have 4 plush 16x24 MF towels. Will this be enough for my 06 TL or should I purchase more?

Post Thanks / Like

Roshan they do lay down polymers but its just something I do to add that extra 3.14159% gloss to the car .

Have you used Blackfire Polymer Spray??? Once you use it I promise you will understand.

Also do you go to UF? I left gvill in 2005 to go to USF and wifey graduated from their in 2007.
    Hahah I love that number! Care to show me how you calculated that??? heheh

I haven`t bought it since I opticoated my car and it seemed kind of expensive to waste if it was just going to fall off my car in a month.

And yeah I go to UF! Gotta love Gville Why did you decide to leave?

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for explaining how to use waterless washes. i have bfww but only use it as a drying aid. but you`ve also shown i need to get more mf towels...need to find a supplier that offers 70/30 towels in bulk..any suggetions

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfahlc1 View Post
    thanks for explaining how to use waterless washes. i have bfww but only use it as a drying aid. but you`ve also shown i need to get more mf towels...need to find a supplier that offers 70/30 towels in bulk..any suggetions
    Microfiber Towel Combo

This looks like a decent package

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
    Hahah I love that number! Care to show me how you calculated that??? heheh

I haven`t bought it since I opticoated my car and it seemed kind of expensive to waste if it was just going to fall off my car in a month.

And yeah I go to UF! Gotta love Gville Why did you decide to leave?
    Graduated college in 07, and started career in Tampa, and currently in WV since wifey is finishing med school

Quote Originally Posted by glfahlc1 View Post
    I really like the rolled edge towels and currently on BOGO on sister site.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    Nice review
    THanks man
    2014 Acura MDX

Post Thanks / Like

Graduated college in 07, and started career in Tampa, and currently in WV since wifey is finishing med school
    That`s awesome! I want to go to Dental school

My gf (last 2 years and very serious relationship) is most likely going to be a doctor too, she`s super intelligent! I told her that if she becomes a doctor, I`m going to spend enough time as a dentist to help her out during med school and then to buy a nice collection of cars. After that, I`m retiring and becoming a stay at home husband hahaha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information