Post Thanks / Like

Mothers Water Spot Remover Review

Mothers Water Spot Remover

Manufacturer`s Description

Mothers® California Gold® Water Spot Remover is designed to remove stubborn hard water spots and stains from any exterior glass surface. Powerfull mineral-disolving agents scrub away sun-baked sediments, salt spray, tree sap, road grime, bugs and paint overspray. Use Mothers® California Gold® Water Spot Remover on exterior glass windshields, windows and mirrors.

Product Details
    Packaging: High quality PETE bottle with flip top dispenser
    Size: 12 oz.
    Current Price: $9.99 (at ACC)

Observations:
    Consistency: Liquid
    Color: Off white
    Scent: Slight scented but chemical

Usage and results
    I have been using Mothers Water Spot Remover for a while now on glass during some my details. I also have used it on shower glass with some success.

It really helps clean clear up the glass. Until now, I really had not been able to show it working - before and after. I finally captured some images.

When you clean glass, you notice that when the surface it wet it can highlight water spots since the glass cleaner cannot wet the surface evenly. These water spots also show up when your wipers sweep across the glass so it can get annoying especially at night with headlight glare when raining.

My truck sits outside 24x7 so the glass always seems to get water spots on it. I suspect it is from all the trees nearby that drizzle on it when it rains.

I captured these today when I was cleaning the glass during the final steps but noticed the water drizzle had returned.

Technique

Apply an ample amount to a foam applicator or terry cloth applicator then work a small area (up to 6 to 12-in square for quicker results) with back and force motions with downward pressure. You need to apply some passion as you work it and the polish will start to dry out. You c an wipe the residue and then inspect the results. It may take more than passes to reduce or remove them. It cannot remove spots that have etched the glass.

You can do it by hand or even faster with a dual action oribtal. I have used 4-in and 5-in pads but just note it will dry out a bit faster so need to adjust amount of polish.

BEFORE

The glass cleaner on the surface reveals the water spots. The green in the background is from the trees with the truck in garage.

AFTER

The glass cleaner now wets the entire surface. The small area with no cleaner is where I smudged it so I could focus on the reflection.

It does wipe off cleanly unless some products I have used.

Conclusion
    It is effective on common water spots especially the environmental drizzle but will get quick best results from a DA based upon the shower cleaning test on aged spots. The pressure is a significant variable in getting fast results.

The product works but do not expect miracles. It is a nice glass cleaner supplement to restore neglected glass for better clarity is a similar way a paint cleaner along with clay helps clean up paint.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mothers Water Spot Remover Review

Nice review. I have the cg water spot remover and have not had success by hand. I will retry using your directions. I think I expected the chemical to wipe the spots away and did not polish them away.

Learning something everyday. I wonder what pad I would use on a da?

Post Thanks / Like

Great review, Al!! May have to try that.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been working on a spot, so far tried toothpaste, alcohol gel and Meg`s Ult Polish.

Next is vinegar with water and this product (have to order).

Thanks for review.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelzntoys View Post
    I`ve been working on a spot, so far tried toothpaste, alcohol gel and Meg`s Ult Polish.

Next is vinegar with water and this product (have to order).

Thanks for review.
    It reminds me of cleaning our glass cooktop. We typically use Cerama-Bryte and tends to work pretty good. It also takes some decent pressure but seems to work better than generic cleaners and safe.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice review Al, thanks for sharing!

Thread Information