Post Thanks / Like

Review: Blackfire Wet Diamond Waterless Wash

Review: Blackfire Wet Diamond Waterless Wash

Introduction:

Another in my on-going series of reviews of the newly reformulated Blackfire series. I debated on posting this review because Bobby, Pat and Dr Oldz have already posted theirs and there really isn`t much to add. But I went ahead for the sake of completeness. That and the `69 Camaro I wanted to give the full BF treatment to today didn`t show.

Thanks again to Corey for providing the format.

Product Claims:

From ACC website -

BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Waterless Wash

"Safe, waterless washing plus shine-boosting polymers!

Safely cleans paint, chrome, plastics, glass, and metals.
    High lubricity polymers protect surfaces from marring.
    Ready to use.

BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Waterless Wash in the ready-to-use spray bottle gives you a powerful ally in keeping your vehicle clean. This high lubricity waterless wash uses BLACKFIRE`s proprietary Wet Diamond polymers to encapsulate dirt and dust so they wipe away with out scratching. Fingerprints and smudges disappear. Meanwhile, the anti-static polymers bond to the paint to reinforce the existing protection and create a whiplash-inducing shine. BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Waterless Wash is a car wash in a spray bottle!

If you washed your vehicle every time a little dust settled on it, you`d be washing it every day! The fact is that our clean vehicles have to face the outdoors and they are going to get dirty, often far sooner than we`d like. To make it easier to keep vehicles clean between washes, manufacturers developed waterless washes. These spray-and-wipe cleaners are quick, convenient, and they do remove dirt... but BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Waterless Wash goes a step further.

BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Waterless Wash removes dust and dirt PLUS it protects the existing wax or paint sealant. High impact Wet Diamond polymers bond to the vehicle to reinvigorate the shine and boost the paint protection. These polymers are anti-static, meaning they do not attract dust or dirt. When you use BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Waterless Wash, the results last longer than a couple hours - they can last a few days because less dirt sticks.

Added UV protectants keep your paint finish vibrant and rich. Blackfire Wet Diamond Waterless Wash works on paint, clear coats, glass, metal, and plastics. It keeps your vehicle looking freshly washed every day."

Product

Details:

1.- Packaging: Plastic Bottle with Sprayer
    2.- Directions: Clearly labeled
    3.- Viscosity: About same as water
    4.- Color: Clear (I think)
    5.- Scent: Lemon Pledge
    6.- Price at time of review: 20oz = $ 17.99
    7.- Manufacturer: Blackfire
    9.- Made in: USA

Other Products Used:

MFs

Conditions:

Preparation:

Gather your MFs, shake well and get busy.

Application:

Spray on, let dwell (I use a 10 count) and wipe with MF in only 1 direction "snake pattern" (no scrubbing). I prefer a 660 GCM MF folded in quaters for the initial wipe. I then use a short nap (with an occasional spritz of WW) to buff dry.

I use each side of the first MF only once and then turn to a clean side for each new section. My car breaks up natually into 8 sections (2x half roof, 2x half hood, trunk, 2x front fenders, 4x door, 2x rear quarters and jambs) so 2 towels are needed for the initial wiping. Generally only need one for the buffing but should inspect before using each time. It should also be noted that I generally only waterless when the car is only lightly dirty.

For wheels, I spray on wheel AND on folded Viva paper towel, let dwell and wipe wheel. Discard Viva before next wheel.

Observations:

Nice, light fragrance - reminds me of dusting wood furniture in my youth. Love the sprayer. It lays down an excellent fine, even coverage. Cleans well. Leaves very slick and glossy finish - unmistakably Blackfire. Seems to need less product. I wish I`d weighed it first but believe I used less than normal.

Before. The color, metallic and gloss hide a lot of dirt

See, this was on just the driver door

Afters

With a wee bit of icing - but that is another review.

Does it meet its claims? Yes.

Comparisons:

I`ve only used one RTU WW, EcoTouch. If I can assume the diluted concentrates are equivalent to the RTUs, the following observations are applicable from my EcoTouch review.

"My favorite waterless at the moment is UWW+. I like pretty much everything about it - it cleans well, flashes rather quickly, has PolyCharger protection and is the most cost effective waterless I`ve found (from concentrate, it works out to $0.03/oz!). One note - I probably use a bit more UWW+ than the others when washing a car.

Optimum Opti-Clean also does everything well and leaves the "wettest"-looking finish - approaching some of the better QDs. Is a bit more expensive (from concentrate, $0.125/oz).

DP WAW is also quite good. It does share the "wet" characteristic of EcoTouch. Also a bit expensive (from concentrate, $0.156/oz) but is often available on BOGO from AG which makes it very cost effective.

I believe EcoTouch cleans slightly better than all of the above. However, that might just be my impression because I use it in dirtier situations than the others."

On sheer performance, Blackfire Wet Diamond Waterless Wash bests them all. It does all of the above but finishes nicer to my eyes (this is based on before adding the Icing on the Cake). The finish is clearer than any and has a look that has the greatest contrasts and just more color. UWW+ has more of the candy gloss. OOC has a lot of gloss but darkens the paint by comparison. I believe DP WAW and EcoTouch are both a step behind.

This brings us again to cost. BF WDWW in the small RTU size is about twice the cost per ounce of the others. Gallon RTU is only slightly more than DP WAW and, to me, worth it. (The other 3 do not come in gallon RTU size.)

Pros:

1.- Cleans well
    2.- Pleasant smell
    3.- Leave a fantastic finish
    4.- Easy to use.

Cons:

1.- Price.

Final Observations and Summary:

Like the other reformulated Blackfire products I`ve used on my paint, BF WDWW is a winner. For my personal cars and to my eyes, it is an easy choice.

Comments and questions are encouraged. Thanks for viewing!

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Blackfire Wet Diamond Waterless Wash

great review - can`t wait for your "icing" review...I see you noticed the sprayer too - worth keeping when you finish the bottle!
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for yet another review.

I have never been able to really see much difference in these but then I never use for cleaning. With my Master Blaster, I have not had much need for them as a drying aid except to clean some up missed spots.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great, thank you for the review!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Mike...
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the review mike... you gotta have the nicest sonata in the state. eagerly anticipating the icing on the cake review. keep up the good work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfahlc View Post
    thanks for the review mike... you gotta have the nicest sonata in the state. eagerly anticipating the icing on the cake review. keep up the good work.
    Yes I was thinking, that looks like my mom`s Sonata, only clean!

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet review! I have one to post as well but it`s nothing like the others. Maybe one day I`ll gain some skills!

Quote Originally Posted by mjlinane View Post
    Nice shot! Look at all those HD bottles.

Thread Information