Allergic to One Product ZL1Mark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Adam`s Detail Spray

I`m sold on this stuff. Some claim it streaks, but any detail spray will streak if over applied. It works awesome as a drying aid, as well as for light dust cleanup. It leaves a tremendous gloss. Works very well as a clay bar lubricant, and smells great!! Adam`s makes several fine products!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Adam`s Detail Spray

Agreed but I also love FK 425 which is essentially the same product (without the great smell) and be had for $10/gallon less. YMMV but my brother and I did a blind test and couldn`t tell the difference. Between the two products, I would buy price.

Post Thanks / Like

Another great Adam`s product is their Leather Cleaner. I also just bought their Carpet Cleaner which is suppose to be fantastic but haven`t personally tried it yet-but it`s sitting on my shelf.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by addysdaddy View Post
    Another great Adam`s product is their Leather Cleaner. I also just bought their Carpet Cleaner which is suppose to be fantastic but haven`t personally tried it yet-but it`s sitting on my shelf.
    C&U is awesome!!

Even though it`s called Leather AND Interor Cleaner, I would only use it on leather. It`s very strong, but leather seems to handle it, and it cleans very well. However, on my Corvette interior panels, it dried them out way too much. You have to be careful with this product. While it`s good, I`d rather use a safer cleaner like Blackfire interior cleaner, which cleans excellent, too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    C&U is awesome!!

Even though it`s called Leather AND Interor Cleaner, I would only use it on leather. It`s very strong, but leather seems to handle it, and it cleans very well. However, on my Corvette interior panels, it dried them out way too much. You have to be careful with this product. While it`s good, I`d rather use a safer cleaner like Blackfire interior cleaner, which cleans excellent, too.
    What do you mean by it dried them out? Did it change the look, feel, etc? How did you restore it?

Adam`s Detail Spray is a `tweener product for me. If I really want gloss, I have been leaning to spray waxes -- gloss with some durability with not much extra effort.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bunky View Post
    What do you mean by it dried them out? Did it change the look, feel, etc? How did you restore it?
    It took away the natural sheen. Left a whitish residue. Cockpit Premium brought the look back.

The detail spray is also a great clay lube. Kill 2 birds with one stone. I don`t like to apply as spray wax every week. Overkill, IMO,. Plus, they don`t work very well as drying aids.

Post Thanks / Like

Adams Detail Spray is still one of my all time favorite sprays and I still enjoy using it....Plus it smells great!!

BobbyG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BobbyG View Post
    Adams Detail Spray is still one of my all time favorite sprays and I still enjoy using it....Plus it smells great!!
    Hi Bobby!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Mark!

I`m traveling for work right now and just got online to see what everyone`s up to!!

BobbyG

Post Thanks / Like

I started off with Adams products and they do make some good products. A bit expensive and boutique-ish. Good products for the DIY`er but pricey for detailers trying to make a living.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Bunky;422589]What do you mean by it dried them out? Did it change the look, feel, etc? How did you restore it?

I was warned that it was strong stuff so my application method includes a white 100% Terry cotton rag (want to make sure there is no dye being removed except from blue jeans of course) rinsed in water with the excess squeezed out. Two or three sprays of the Adams Leather Cleaner onto the rag and then wipe the leather surface. I follow up with an interior MF to dry. After all the leather surfaces are done, I go back with Pinnacle Leather Conditioner and it`s all good. I`ve never seen dry surfaces or the sheen stripped of the leather. YMMV but that works for me.

Post Thanks / Like

[quote=addysdaddy;422627]

I was warned that it was strong stuff so my application method includes a white 100% Terry cotton rag (want to make sure there is no dye being removed except from blue jeans of course) rinsed in water with the excess squeezed out. Two or three sprays of the Adams Leather Cleaner onto the rag and then wipe the leather surface. I follow up with an interior MF to dry. After all the leather surfaces are done, I go back with Pinnacle Leather Conditioner and it`s all good. I`ve never seen dry surfaces or the sheen stripped of the leather. YMMV but that works for me.
    If you go back and look, I said it works great on leather. I was referring to some interior panel material, like my Corvette.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight1700 View Post
    I started off with Adams products and they do make some good products. A bit expensive and boutique-ish. Good products for the DIY`er but pricey for detailers trying to make a living.
    Agreed.

Post Thanks / Like

[quote=addysdaddy;422627]

For the leather I use it straight, but for the rest of the interior I use a mix of 2 parts distilled water to 1 part cleaner and that works great.

And I buy their detail spray by the gallon.

Thread Information