Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Wolfgang vs. Blackfire

The Concept:
    The test bed for this shootout is the hood of a Black 2005 Chevy Colorado. The truck doesn’t get driven much but it does sit outside 24/7. Because of this I thought it would be a good test subject to see the everyday effect on these products in winter conditions here in Ohio. I realize this is not a comprehensive test as I am not testing any vertical surfaces. But in my experience the vertical surfaces will show wear much quicker and the road salt simply destroys almost any LSP. I was simply looking for a large flat surface that would be easy for me to photograph and document at this time.

The Conditions:

Temp: 42*
    Humidity: 49%

The Products:

BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection
    BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection is a premium paint sealant designed for the perfectionist. It creates an extremely slick finish and incredible depth with a revolutionary blend of three incredible polymers. Sourced from Germany and Switzerland, these polymers have a protective quality and depth of gloss that surpassed all others tested. BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection refracts light, similar to a diamond, to create a vibrant, super slippery, head-turning finish.

BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun
    BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba Paste is a hand-poured, premium carnauba wax that combines a mile-deep shimmering gloss with high tech Wet Diamond polymers. It brings out the best in all paint finishes with a combination of super-refined carnauba wax blended with nourishing oils and German polymers. This wax creates incredible depth of shine on all paint colors with a hard, protective barrier to the elements. BLACKFIRE Midnight Sun Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax is perfect on top of Blackfire Wet Diamond All Finish Paint Protection or by itself. It glimmers with depth either way!

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0
    Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 will alter your perceptions of paint sealants forever. The glossy, liquid-like shimmer enhances all types and colors of paint. No other synthetic wax or paint sealant gives your vehicle the gloss, the depth, and the protection of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0. Now with fortified polymer technology, Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 is simply the best paint sealant you’ll ever use.

Wolfgang Füzion Estate Wax
    Wolfgang Füzion Estate Wax is a hand-crafted blend of carnauba wax, German Super Polymers, and proprietary ingredients that yield unequaled shine and protection. Our unique formula fuses the best attributes of carnauba wax and paint sealants to create the ultimate car wax. Wolfgang Füzion Estate Wax has been enhanced with more glossifiers for a more intense wet look and improved slickness.

Prep Work:
    This truck was wearing 3 coats for BF AFPP to the best of my knowledge. They were applied a little over 2 months ago but the truck hasn’t been driven more than 100 miles and was washed only once. It has basically set outside 24/7 without being moved. The way it is parked has it facing the sun for the entire day.

I began by mixing up my wash solution which was some Megs soap and some APC to have everything ready as it was cold out. I started the wash process by spraying down the hood with a lite APC to begin the stripping process and proceeded to wash it the 1st time.

I then rinsed it down to check for any beading. The beading wash definitely diminished but I wanted it totally clean for this test.

I repeated the original steps by spraying down the hood with a lite APC and re-washing. This time the beading was gone… Just what I wanted to see.

I then dried the hood using a waffle weave towel and the let it set for another 20 minutes to ensure that everything was dry. During this time I planned out how I wanted to layout my testing. I choose to begin by laying out 4 sections initially instead of doing 2 and then sectioning those sections off after the sealant was applied. This would allow for a good separation between the test sections with an un-protected line in both directions.

The Test Layout:
    Back Left: WG DGPS & Füzion
    Front Left: WG DGPS

Back Right: BF AFPP & Midnight Sun
    Front Right: BF AFPP

Test 1:

WG DGPS vs. BF AFPP

My original idea was to test out 2 of the easiest to use best looking sealants on the market. I had never used WG DGPS before but had heard that it was very slick and had a great look to it. That sounded like a good competitor to BF AFPP to me.
    • - Once the hood was stripped clean and was dry I went ahead and applied each sealant to it respective test section using a clean foam applicator for each.
    • - Both sealants were very easy to apply thin and evenly. Both are much easier to use then the likes of Klasse SG which is one of my favorites.
    • - I would have to give the ease of use to the BF AFPP though as it was just slightly easier to use then the WG DGPS.
    • - I then let them have for 30 minutes as I took a break.
    • - Removal on both was a breeze. But I would have to give the slightest edge to the BF AFPP. This may be due to my lack of experience with WG DGPS but I have always found BF AFPP to be supper easy to remove when applied properly.
    • - I then left them cure for 1 hour before feeling for slickness and trying to get pictures.
    • - I did take so photos but I couldn’t capture any of the very subtle differences.
    • - They both are very slick and wet looking with the WG DGPS having the slightest nuba look to it.
    • - In terms of slickness I would say BF AFPP was the slicker of the two.

Test 2:

WG DGPS & Füzion vs. BF AFPP & Midnight Sun

Building off my original idea of testing the sealants I decided to add in a test of their matching waxes to see how the looks, durability, slickness, and dust attraction properties compared. WG Füzion has been my favorite paste wax for quite a while now so the BFMS has so very tough competition IMO.

• - After the sealants were left to cure for 1 hour I came back to continue this test. I realize 1 hour is not an ideal cure time but it is somewhat realistic in the fact that we don’t always have a next day or 24 hours to wait.
    • - Both waxes were super easy to apply thin and evenly. Surprisingly for me the BFMS was ever so slightly easier to apply. (This may be due to the temperature but for this testing it is what it is.)
    • - Both waxes are WOWO waxes but I have found that with Füzion I like to let it haze for 10 minutes or so. For this test I applied both waxes using a clean foam applicator for each and let them each set for about 5 minutes due to the temperature.
    • - Both waxes were easy to remove. IMO they were both very similar in removal… In my mind BFMS may have been ever so slightly easier but that may be due to how easy all the other BF stuff had gone till this point.
    • - Once again a picture is just unable to get across any differences in these 2 waxes IMO.
    • - After approx. 20 min the Füzion felt much slicker than the BFMS but not as slick as the sections with just sealant.

I am planning on getting a few beading picture in the next day or so and want to keep this thread updated as I continue this test throughout the winter and spring. Any and all comments and questions are welcome.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang vs. Blackfire

Thanks for doing this! Subscribed.

Post Thanks / Like

Well done.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool, I have been a WG user in the past and just got into the BF line and was wondering how they matched up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Subscribed!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tw33k2514 View Post
    Subscribed!
    +1

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome, look forward to the updates.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome job, looking forward to the testing and results.

Post Thanks / Like

subscribed

Post Thanks / Like

+1 Subscribed!
    Looking forward to the follow up.
    Beading, longevity, look etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Be sure to keep us updated Troy.

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys...

I am planning on getting some beading Pics and possibly a video today.

Post Thanks / Like

Subscribed
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

it`ll be interesting to see how things turn out, thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

As promised here is my first update.

First off we have a few shots of the dust & contamination collection. I am actually a little surprised as I anticipated the Sealants to have little to no dust attraction.

Here we have the testing layout. I cheated a little here and used the mist setting on my nozzle to get everything about the same. Because of using the misting method the general beading at this point was almost identical.

Here are a few true beading / sheeting shots as I used the hose on it.

And Finally I have a video of my playing with the hose and using the Master Blaster to dry it off.

Wet:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX0HkjjyQ1g]Playing with the Water[/ame]

Dry:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EykhuRTVRfk] Playing with the MasterBlaster [/ame]

_____

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information