Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wolfgang vs. Blackfire

Quote Originally Posted by classofshine View Post
    You only got about 1.5 months out of it?!?!? Thats a little surprising!
    You and me both. Since the initial application the vehicle has been driven less than 200 miles.

I will do another wash over the weekend to verify my findings. TBH I was hoping to see 3+ months at least especially with how little it is driven.

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t think the mileage is necessarily a good reflection of the wax`s durability. Sure, there are probably some air borne super micro abrasives (dust, pollen, etc.) that may wear at the wax surface. I would put my money on the fact that it`s a black truck that sits in the sun, I bet the surface gets pretty dang hot at times and would soften that wax.

To be clear, from your observations you would say that the wax toppers are gone at this point, but the sealant foundation is still there?

I am eager to start my comparison of the products. Silver car, stored indoors, rinseless washing only.
    Connor Harrison Detailing
    Facebook!

Inspection > Correction > Protection

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CH.Detailing View Post
    I don`t think the mileage is necessarily a good reflection of the wax`s durability. Sure, there are probably some air borne super micro abrasives (dust, pollen, etc.) that may wear at the wax surface. I would put my money on the fact that it`s a black truck that sits in the sun, I bet the surface gets pretty dang hot at times and would soften that wax.

To be clear, from your observations you would say that the wax toppers are gone at this point, but the sealant foundation is still there?

I am eager to start my comparison of the products. Silver car, stored indoors, rinseless washing only.

I think your right about the mileage not mattering as well. But it is more of a reference to how much the vehicle is used. I do know that it was facing the sun most of the day every day and I`m sure it did get warm at times.

As far as I can tell the waxes are gone.

The sealants are still there slightly as you can see in the pictures. But if you look at the last video in the update the sheeting is really poor.

Post Thanks / Like

**Basic Update**

It rained all night last night. I went out about 9:00 am this morning to see the hood still beading, but nothing like it did previously IMO. The sealants are still there but I couldn`t see any of my tape line anymore. The only time I can see the vertical one now is when I am sheeting water or trying to dry it off. I will keep watching and continue to make updates. But I do stand by my previous comments that at this point I would normally reapply.

3-24-12 Pics

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. Thanks for the updates.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CH.Detailing View Post

i will be very intersted in the silver car test .

Post Thanks / Like

Kind of shocked at the durability of these combos. I went back and reviewed the initial photos and the tape lines that were visible and incredible beading that was present then and the amount of beading now. Obviously there still is some protection left or there would be no beading at all, that the present photos show.

I really had planned to use black fire wet diamond all finish paint protection as a sealant and then top with poly spray at wash times every other week. Hoping for greater durability than 60-90 days.

I will say this I used black fire all finish paint protection with Colinite 845 as a topper and durability looks real good at 90 day mark presently.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by silvermesa View Post
    Kind of shocked at the durability of these combos. I went back and reviewed the initial photos and the tape lines that were visible and incredible beading that was present then and the amount of beading now. Obviously there still is some protection left or there would be no beading at all, that the present photos show.

I really had planned to use black fire wet diamond all finish paint protection as a sealant and then top with poly spray at wash times every other week. Hoping for greater durability than 60-90 days.

I will say this I used black fire all finish paint protection with Colinite 845 as a topper and durability looks real good at 90 day mark presently.

The sealants are still there...

Keep in mind I have only washed with non-additive washes and I have not used any QD or top ups at all. This IMO is more of a true durability torture test than anything. I have used BFWD in the past and with normal top ups and additional polymers from QD or what have you there is better durability and looks. This to me is what I can more realistically expect from a customer that doesn`t care for their own vehicle.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information