Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

FIrst Use: Blackfire Wet Diamond Polymer Spray

So I was able to try out a few of the new Blackfire line yesterday and wanted to share my thoughts.

So here is the first: BLACKFIRE Wet Diamond Polymer Spray

Packaging & Labeling: Nice solid black bottle. Labels are clear and very easy to read. They look nice too!

Instructions are as follows:

1) DO NOT use on heavily soiled surfaces.
    2) Always ensure surface is cool to the touch and out of direct sunlight.
    3) Working one panel at a time,spray a light mist on the surface and wipe off using a plush microfiber towel.
    4) Refold towel to a clean, dry side and lightly buff off any remaining residue.

Products used for application of the product was a Cobra Super Plush Deluxe 600 microfiber towel.

The canvas?

A 2007 Scion TC that I polished about 6 months ago and is being protected by the Werkstat Acrylic system.

First the car was prepped with a nice two bucket wash with a natural sea sponge and Werkstat Glos Shampoo, followed by a delicate dry using the Cobra Supreme Guzzler Waffle Weave drying towel.

After that, It was time to create some WIPLASH! (I know, I know.. just wanted to say it.. )

First off let me say that the nozzle on this product is fantastic. Most detailing sprays that require a fine mist of product, unfortunately, don`t have a nozzle that can provide this amount and instead you are left with a large amount of product dripping down the sides of the paint. This sprayer, however, really gives a nice, almost atomized spray that allows you to truly use 1 - 2 full sprays per panel and it is just the right amount. So far, so good!

While spraying, I did not notice much of a smell, so I opened the bottle to take a sniff. Its a pleasant, very light perfume type of smell and its not harsh on the olfactory nerves at all.

The product goes on very easily and spreads very nicely with out any tug and pull on the towel. After that, a very very light wipe was all that was needed to remove the excess and it took only about 5-7 minutes to do the whole car.

After standing back to admire the finish, I was greeted with a noticeable look to the paint.

Here especially you can see that the blues just are ever so deeper and the metal flake has a bit more pop to it. However, the gloss factor has definitely been amped up.

SO does it do a good job? Initially? yes. I can`t wait to test its durability, and also see the effects it has on dark colors.

But the age old question persists, how is it in price to what you get? Well, priced exactly the same as Pinnacle Crystal mist (for the 128 Oz size anyway) I find this as its closest competitor. I have always kept the Crystal Mist on my shelves just because of how well it looked on almost any color. The Blackfire looks to be able to do the same (maybe a bit better), but its ease of use is better, also, if you are buying the standard 20oz bottle of the product, the Blackfire is $4.00 cheaper so it is a much better buy.

In comparison to what IMHO is the best Quick detailer out there, Dodo Juice Red Mist Tropical, it does not hit its level. I find it may be a hard one to beat that Red Mist, with its amazing longevity, level of gloss and shine and wonderful smell. However, at a price of $1.99 an oz compared to Blackfire`s $.99 (or $.62 if you buy the 128 oz version) an oz price point, you cannot go wrong.

I think as soon as my last bit of Pinnacle crosses over, it will be replaced by the Blackfire product as it really is a fantastic QD and worth a try in my book.

SO once again...

This:

To This:

Have fun!
    Thomas Kehlenbeck
    Aggressive Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Re: FIrst Use: Blackfire Wet Diamond Polymer Spray

While spraying, I did not notice much of a smell, so I opened the bottle to take a sniff. Its a pleasant, very light perfume type of smell and its not harsh on the olfactory nerves at all.
    We are in the business of creating WHIPLASH, not offending olfactory nerves! Thank you for your review!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    We are in the business of creating WHIPLASH, not offending olfactory nerves! Thank you for your review!
    hahaha that got a good laugh out of me. Thanks Todd!
    Thomas Kehlenbeck
    Aggressive Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely icing on the cake! Looks great.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review, and not only the review but the product comparisons. It sure helps.

Retired Geezer
    Post Thanks / Like

Just used this this morning after washing, over my UPGP - yes, it is a marked diff from the other sprays I use as a final step. It is definitely noticable over quik wax and aquawax.. - very nice...

However 20 oz for 20 bucks is a bit steep for everyday compared to aquawax...So I`ll use both:
    BF for wedding and HS reunions
    Aquawax for everyday washes...

LOL
    Glen
    21 X2 M35i
    18 300 Xmax

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review, I got my Polymer spray last night. I will be trying it out later this afternnon. I wondered about how it will stack up with DoDo Red Mist. I really like that product also. Keep up the good work!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Timbrr View Post
    Nice review, I got my Polymer spray last night. I will be trying it out later this afternnon. I wondered about how it will stack up with DoDo Red Mist. I really like that product also. Keep up the good work!
    Make sure to let us know your findings as well!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
    Make sure to let us know your findings as well!
    Okay guys hows this for dedication to getting you the information on Black Fire:It was 35 degrees, no wind and very little sun but you guys need reviews and I was going to do my part. I`m not going to bore you with the details about the product that you already know and my fingers are still numb.

Waterless Wash:
    Very nice sprayer;great lemon scent and did the job with very little effort. Heres a plus;my wife came out when I was doing the 1st side and she commented that the panels I had completed had more gloss. she was right. This stuff works and works well

Polymer Spray:Same great spray nozzle and it distributed the product in the amount and direction you intend it to go. Now I use what I call the smear method when applying this type of product. I spray the panel and I use a large micro fibre towel to "smear" the product and then flip it mulitple times to buff it out. It was getting dark and cold but the results are awesome. The car looks great and these products are outstanding. Buy them and use them with confidence. Yes that is snow in the background just in case you forgot what is looks like down south...lol....

Post Thanks / Like

That looks so good!

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Friends

I didn`t think the Wet Diamond Polymer Spray was a quick detailer. I thought it was a gloss enhancer and protectant. Is it a quick detailer?

I have a whole gallon of Finish Kare 425 that I haven`t even opened yet, and I just ordered the Wet Diamond Polymer Spray last night.
    —  Jaddie

2012 Honda Odyssey EX-L Nav. (mine)
    2016 Ford Escape Titanium (hers)

Post Thanks / Like

Beeutifullll shine

Post Thanks / Like

I got a bottle of this. After using it 3 different times(only on my iPhone thus far tho) I noticed a much added slickness. Did you find the slickness to be improved on automitive paint as well?

Car looks great

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddie View Post
    Dear Friends

I didn`t think the Wet Diamond Polymer Spray was a quick detailer. I thought it was a gloss enhancer and protectant. Is it a quick detailer?

I have a whole gallon of Finish Kare 425 that I haven`t even opened yet, and I just ordered the Wet Diamond Polymer Spray last night.
    In my opinion, a Quick detailer is just that. Something to use to quickly enhance and extend the protection of the LSP after a wash and between applications of the LSP. In this case, I would consider Wet Diamond Polymer spray a QD.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    I got a bottle of this. After using it 3 different times(only on my iPhone thus far tho) I noticed a much added slickness. Did you find the slickness to be improved on automitive paint as well?

Car looks great
    I did find the slickness to be very much higher on the paint. I splashed a bit of water to it and it ran off quicker then just a standard bead.

And thanks!
    Thomas Kehlenbeck
    Aggressive Detailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jaddie View Post
    Dear Friends

I`m not sure about using Polymer Spray as a quick detailer. Maybe Todd can comment on that. I think you will have much better results with a clean and dry surface. You can always experiment with a panel that is clean and one that is dusty and see how they compare. Be sure and let us know how it comes out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information