My Saturday appointment showed up Sunday afternoon. It was my detailing partner and we were going to finish coating his soft black 2004 Lexus IS300. We had done the hood & front fenders in the fall and he had been wanting to complete it since before Xmas. Unfortunately, life got in the way.

It arrived quite dirty and I showed him the joys of an ONR wash. We had polished it lightly a couple of times during the Spring & Summer and remained in pretty good shape. Members have noticed my penchant for keeping everything in the family so I decided to use Optimum HyperPolish Spray for the first time.

Oh my, do I like this stuff!! Used it on an 6" orange constant pressure pad with my GG6 (@ 4) and was stunned at the results. It easily removed most of the RIDS in 6 or 8 passes (1 section pass) yet finished out flawless. I`d actually planned on a second jewelling pass but it honestly didn`t need it. HyperPolish was a joy to use with excellent working time and easily wiped up with no dust. For some of the deeper RIDS, I switched to a 5" Optimum MF Polishing pad on my PC (@ 4.5). It removed them in a short section pass but left the finish hazy - reinforcing my belief in the softness of the paint. Followed it with 4 passes (1/2 section pass) with the GG6/orange and the finish was beautiful again. Completely unorthodox, I know, but it worked.

I didn`t look but believe there are full reviews of Optimum HyperPolish out there so I didn`t write one. If you haven`t tried it yet, do so. I think you`ll like it.

Then I applied Opti-Coat. Definitely, pitch the foam applicator. I used a Carpro Suede MF wrapped around a sponge strip wrapped in Saran wrap (to keep the sponge from absorbing product). When we did the hood, we used the supplied applicator and results were disheartening. I`d watched all of the videos but didn`t get anything like that. When I Opti-Coated my DD, I used the suede MF and liked the results. On the back half of the Lexus, is was even better. (Black made it so much easier to see any high spots than my gray.) Finished the 4 doors, A- and C-pillars, roof, trunk and rear quarter-panels in maybe 20 minutes. I`m guess the temp must have been close to ideal (65F) which helped.

Here are a couple of reflection shots. Not bad for an afternoon. It was getting dark (didn`t start until nearly 2PM).