Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars day in Raleigh NC

We had a Meg`s clinic here in Raleigh thanks to ntwrkguy!! - Woob and myself were there are as well. A lot of it was basic stuff but there was some good information on Meguiars products...Like their High Endurance Tire Gel. Have you ever seen that brown stuff that comes out of your tires when you use a cleaner on them? Turns out that is a chemical added in (to varying degree) by the tire makers to protect the tire from Ozone. drying out and cracking. Meg`s worked with the tire makers to come up with High Endurance. The HE keeps that chemical in the tire! Pretty cool huh?

I learned a few other things, like Quik Detailer - no silicone in it (I always thought there was). Claying and polishing - basically there is no reason to clay if you are going to polish..that clay is for contaminents on paint that is in great condition, but if your going to correct swirls what have you .. then you don`t need to clay as the polish will get rid of them as well.

Not much on machine work, but it sounds like they are trying to set one up more geared towards that! Overall a pretty cool morning!.
    You have activated my special ability....

Post Thanks / Like
    Learned some stuff:

Brown discoloration comes from Antiozonants,(Believed I spelt that right) a chemical that is released within the tire to keep durability up. When using certain tire dressings, this helps to speed up the process of antiozonants to come out(I believe due to solvents).

Personally tires are a big pain, I haven`t fully gotten the hang of High Gloss Endurance.

Learned that the pads that everyone buys for buffing machines actually will never break due to the foam. Nevertheless buying quality foam pads are worthwhile, as you can`t even bite off a chunk of the pad. (Though I think Groebuck challenged the Meguiars Rep )

When a miny scratch turns up on a relatively fresh waxed surface, it is not the layer of wax that has disappeared, but its the clear coat that has been scratched. I believe what happen is the wax helps to further magnify the scratch. (Especially sealants)

I will try to think of other things, but the session was mostly geared towards new users. Good review however. Anyone in the Triangle should come buy for the next buffing session. Free stuff rocks!

Oh and thanks to DavidM who was nice enough to let me come! (I don`t believe we formally introduced. But I was probably the youngest guy)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiars day in Raleigh NC

Originally posted by groebuck
    We had a Meg`s clinic here in Raleigh thanks to ntwrkguy!! -

I learned a few other things, like Quik Detailer - no silicone in it (I always thought there was).
    Their representative told me some time ago that it did and their product description says that it is not body shop safe.
    I wonder what is in it ... Inquiring minds want to know!
    :dunno
    Thanks for sharing the information you recieved.

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember he did say it was silicone safe. I do know Final Inspection is body shop safe. If anyone wants to know any direct Meguiar`s Info just respond to this thread and they can be asked at the next session

Thread Information