Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Review: Big Red Creeper Seat

I hate accessing the lower panels when I detail my cars. I think that compromises the attention I give to those areas, which is unfortunate because in salt season, this is the area that needs careful attention.

My search for a solution included options like the rolling wash bucket (60$), workhorse cart (99$), and kreepstool rolling utility seat ($190). Finally, I got this idea from forum members:

TORIN JACKS BIG RED CREEPER SEAT WITH TOOL TRAY

It works great. Smooth rolling wheels. The tool tray is very handy; can toss MF`s bottles, etc down there as you move and roll around. Low enough to access everything. Very comfortable position while concentrating on wheels and wheel wells, the front end, as well as the lower panels. Sits lower than a bucket stool would be, which I think is nice. Comfy soft seat.

Overall, works really well. And great price. I got mine on amazon for 24$.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Big Red Creeper Seat

I have one of these but have found that you need a very smooth surface to work on. Anything like small rocks, cracks in the surface can stop it. I also found that if you lean back to much it can go over backwards.

Currently I have a armless office chair that adjust up and down that`s worked best for me
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Good to know.

I have a short pneumatic stool from harbor frieght and use a regular mechanics creeper for the lowest panels but look hard at this one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy View Post
    I have one of these but have found that you need a very smooth surface to work on. Anything like small rocks, cracks in the surface can stop it. I also found that if you lean back to much it can go over backwards.

Currently I have a armless office chair that adjust up and down that`s worked best for me
    yes, i doubt it would roll well on gravel or non-smooth surface. works great on finished concrete.

did the lean test on it and did not find any kind of instability. now if the wheel gets caught in a concrete expansion joint, i think it could tip over.

does your office chair roll on gravel?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjlinane View Post
    Good to know.

I have a short pneumatic stool from harbor frieght and use a regular mechanics creeper for the lowest panels but look hard at this one.
    I also looked at the pneumatic stools which I liked, but in the end went with this one. I do like how this one includes a tool tray. It`s actually quite handy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy View Post

I have this as well and love it. But yes the smallest thing will stop this which is the worst part of this.

Post Thanks / Like

If there is a saw cut in the concrete, make sure it`s not used there. You will be on your back!

Post Thanks / Like

Does that one have a lock on any of the wheels ? I have a few different seats that I use with one close to what you show. It came from Sam`s Club with Goodyear written on the padded seat and a drink holder that works great for holding a squeeze bottle of product. But all of my chairs seem to want to slide away from the car when pressure is applied. So to get the lower sections done when I get aggravated I put them on the lift and raise the car up to finish.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine has a tray under the seat but I have found it less useful because, as you move, it rotates and knocks over anything in the tray with the seat adjustment handle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwtaco View Post
    yes, i doubt it would roll well on gravel or non-smooth surface. works great on finished concrete.

did the lean test on it and did not find any kind of instability. now if the wheel gets caught in a concrete expansion joint, i think it could tip over.

does your office chair roll on gravel?

From personal experience if one of the wheels gets caught it will go over.

I use my office chair only in the garage while polish or taking product off the sides of the car. Its back saver for sure and no it wouldn`t roll on gravel.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Try some Monster wheels on that office chair!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a seat creeper that I bought 25 years ago from snap on and it`s still going strong. It also has normal creeper style wheels and it doesn`t take much to stop them. I see the newer one come with a caster style rubber wheel which would be much better.

Post Thanks / Like

I need a seat on wheels badly, but this makes me think I`ll keep looking:

If there is a saw cut in the concrete, make sure it`s not used there. You will be on your back!

Post Thanks / Like

yes. this torin seat creeper will flip when it hits an expansion joint.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Review: Big Red Creeper Seat

I use the simple round pedestal stool on wheels that has five or six wheels. They are a little more stable than a 4 wheeler and they are only $20 if you catch them right at Harbor Freight.

I also love my Kreepstool, but the wife and kid are always playing with it like it is a toy.

Randy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information