Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarPro Fog Fight - I finally tried it!

Well Bobby it won`t be long before you will be able to let us know how it works. It`s only a matter of time before old man winter finally hits us in the northern half.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a little update.

It`s been two days since I applied it and the biggest obstacle I found during the application was removing the haze once the product dried. I was pretty successful in removing it and clarity was good!

Yesterday afternoon I was out for a drive and the haziness was back. I was a bit disappointed as I took my time removing it after waiting 6 minutes or so because I thought I had done everything correctly.

I`ll grab a clean microfiber towel today and go over it again. I`m unsure what caused the haziness to return and it could be an error in application.

The instructions say not to touch it after it`s applied but I have no other choice as it`s unacceptable the way it is currently. I`ll see of I can get some photos of the haze and post them......

BobbyG

Post Thanks / Like

ouch. already doesn`t seem too plain and simple to use. the worst part is working on that inner front windshield. so difficult to work in that area!

Post Thanks / Like

Good review Bobby, This is one of those products that make you a little skeptical,but you really want to belive it works. When I place my next order this will be included, thanks to you review...........good job !!

Post Thanks / Like

OK, because I was really excited to see this product I wanted to give it every opportunity to excel. I grabbed a clean microfiber towel and give the inside of my windshield a good going over. I even went as far as wiping my finger across the glass to see what affect it had on it.

The two photos below illustrate the level of haze I`m seeing.

I`ve changed the focus and depth of field to show what the driver would see if he was looking beyond the hood as in actual driving.

The right side, or non hazed area shows where I had removed the Fog Fight using Stoner`s Invisible Glass and a clean waffle glass towel. Notice the contrast between the Fog Fight and the clear section.

This is AFTER I attempted to wipe the haze aggressively using a soft non weave microfiber towel.

Photo 1

Photo 2

I focused on the interior surface of the glass to illustrate the haze issue and in both photos you can see where I`ve wiped my finger to the right of the rear view mirror.

My conclusion for now was to clean the interior surfaces of all the glass removing the Fog-Fight product. While there`s little doubt Fog-Fight dramatically eliminates fogging, glass clarity is my #1 priority.

BobbyG

Post Thanks / Like

Great review Bobby. I wonder how this would work on shower mirrors in your bathroom.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Great review Bobby. I wonder how this would work on shower mirrors in your bathroom.
    I`ll give it a try and post my results maybe tomorrow or Tuesday...

BobbyG

Post Thanks / Like

Are you going to try again?

Guess I`m glad I haven`t gotten around to trying it yet. I, too, am very picky about clarity.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjlinane View Post
    Are you going to try again?

Guess I`m glad I haven`t gotten around to trying it yet. I, too, am very picky about clarity.
    Oh yes, but I`m going to wait for warmer weather. I`m not sure how this attribute would affect the outcome of my test but it`s one of the only variables that I can think of that would change.

This application:

Outside Temp - 60F
    Inside Temp - 72
    Day - Sunny
    Direct sunlight
    Glass - Thoroughly Clean
    Clean Microfiber towels

CarPro Video Instruction

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lOX6XP0JDk"]Fog Fight by CarPro - YouTube[/ame]

BobbyG

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Bobby...

I have a bottle and have tried it on in the inside of the windows of my car. I have tinted windows on the sides and on the back glass and to me they still look okay, but when I did the windshield, it hazed up later on, just like in your pictures. After I first applied it and wiped it down with a mf, it looked fine, but the next day is when the haze appeared, so I cleaned the window again and did another application, same thing, it looked good when I was finished, but later the haze returned. I couldn`t stand it so last night I just cleaned the glass with glass cleaner and they are clear again. Only thing I can think of is the temp outside, I will give it one more shot in the spring time when we get warmer weather.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the open, thorough, and honest review Bobby!

Post Thanks / Like

Whoa this looks like one of those products I`m glad I don`t have. At least until somebody figures it out. Nothing worse than dirty windshields.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for updating us Bobby. I haven`t seen a review yet where someone didn`t have a problem like this. I`d rather have a clear windshield than the haze and no fogginess.

I think this is a product I`ll avoid trying until I see that everything is worked out and we find out what the issue is.

Post Thanks / Like

Well this goes on my list of things to pass up. I remember when I was young my mom had something to wipe on the mirrors in the bathroom that prevented them from fogging up. I`ll have to try and find out what it was. I have no idea if it will leave a haze on glass, but there was no fogging up of the mirrors.

Post Thanks / Like

Windshields are already enough of a pain to clean without adding something that may or may not haze up and have to be cleaned off. It also looks like from Bobbys 50/50 post it cleans off pretty easy so is this something that has to be reapplied everytime you clean your windshield. I don`t want it to turn into a project everytime I clean my windows.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information