Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

What carwash shampoo should i use with poorboys?

I am using Zaino products but I wish to try out Poorboys...but since they dont have a car shampoo, I was wondering what you guys out there were using...

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you`re not in a rush, use Poorboy`s. Rumour has it that it should be out later this year.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like
    I know most people can go with any car wash and be happy, but for some reason the only carwash i like is from Ardex. I have Sonax and an Eagle One car wash, and ive used half a dozen others, and Ardex has ben my favorite. It smells the best, feels really lubricated, washes off easily, and leaves a great shine.

However, I havent tried my Wolfgangs Auto Bathe yet

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to DC!
    You are going to get lots of different opinions on this.
    I happen to fall into the any car wash group, but..... If you are ordering some Poorboy`s products, be sure and try the Spray & Wipe.
    Not a car wash in the normal sense, but a waterless car wash. It is truly an amazing product.
    Don`t even mess with the small containers, order a gallon the first time so you don`t have to order more right away.
    Oh, and for what it`s worth, ($.00), I presently use Meguiar`s Gold Class Shampoo.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by CharlesW
    ... I presently use Meguiar`s Gold Class Shampoo.

Charles
    :yeah

I haven`t noticed any difference between the various car washes I have used as far as the results I got with PB`s products.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used Eagle One, P&S, Turtle wax brand (was given to me) 3M soap, and Dwan. I guess to answer your question. I have never noticed any difference using PB products after washing.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like
    Megs Gold Class is a good standard wash. I usually use it for my wheels. I prefer Einszett`s Perl shampoo. Lots of lubrication but minimal suds.

Post Thanks / Like
    For now I am using NXT wash, super thick and lubrication is great, as well as the suds. Waiting for my 4* wash..:hippi
    "A car doesn`t have to be the fastest or most powerful to be the love of your life" -Temperacerguy

Post Thanks / Like
    I mainly use Meg`s Gold Class Wash too. It`s a nice shampoo at an excellent price point (regularly $9.99 at Target). I recently had the opportunity to try Sonax Gloss Shampoo (thanks for the sample Boss!), and liked it very much. But, it is quite pricey and hard to find due to the distributor changeover process. I`m confident that the upcoming Poorboy`s wash will be another great product at a reasonable price.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like the Wolfgang Auto Bathe...Excellent lubercation and suds...

Cons: Pricey...but in my opinion, well worth it

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried to use Eagle one and it seemed to strip the Zaino polish. I was just concerned if I used any shampoo that it might strip the poorboys product off my car....

Any experiences?

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by jackkel
    I tried to use Eagle one and it seemed to strip the Zaino polish. I was just concerned if I used any shampoo that it might strip the poorboys product off my car....

Any experiences?
    Since I am neither a Zaino user or Eagle One user, I can`t comment from experience, but...
    Given the basic overall quality of both product lines, I would be very surprised if the EO stripped Zaino.
    Maybe you used a litle too much car wash and it didn`t rinse as well as it should have. A soap film residue would sure make a good polish job look bad.
    It is very easy for all of us to use more product than necessary for the job at hand. Car wash, polish, wax, sealant, we often tend to think more is better, and that just isn`t usually the case.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the exotic car washes like 4-star, but I can`t justify spending more than $10/gal for Gold Class at Target. Eagle One strip Zaino? no way. I`ve been using a sample and it doesn`t touch it. I keep a shotglass handy and use 1.5 oz in a gal bucket of water. Plenty of suds.

Post Thanks / Like
    Poorboys products are compatable with most other products so shampoo choice is pretty much open. I`ve used Z6 (had some around so I used it), and Meg`s Gold but the fact is that I seldom wash the truck. I usually use S&W. Use it daily or almost daily for the last year. Gone through approximately 8 gallons of the stuff. ........and I never touch it before noon (insiders know that I have clocks set for time zones that give me choices)
    Last edited by JimS; 04-23-2004 at 07:36 AM.
    Dream big and be willing to do the work to get there.

Boss_429
    jackkel,

There is not question that car washes are different. Some car washes are considerably "stronger" than others. For example, Zaino`s Z7 car wash is a very strong car wash. I have used it "double strength" to remove carnauba wax (rather easily I might add). Gold Class is also a fairly strong car wash, but not as strong as the Z7. However, used incorrectly, the GC can also strip carnauba wax.

Anyhow, I would not use the Z7 car wash on any carnauba finish, and would be very careful with it on sealant finishes other than Zaino. The Gold Class on the other hand is safe to use if mixed properly. The Eagle One car wash is milder than the GC or Z7, and should be safe on all finishes if used correctly...................... but it doesn`t clean quite as well as some other washes.

In any case, follow the manufacturers instructions for mixing. Don`t just pour a big "gloob" of car wash in the bucket, and then spray a little water in the bucket to get suds.............. that`s where people make their mistake with car washes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information