Thread: PB Master Cut

Post Thanks / Like

PB Master Cut

This is my first review, so bare with me.

Poorboy`s World Master Cut Super Cut Compound

Since they make a note that this compound is for professional use and is body shop safe i thought i would use it at work on a freshly painted hood ( painted friday, sand and buffed monday).
    I sanded the hood with 1500 grit 3m DA sandpaper and followed up with 3000 grit 3m foam sanding disc.

The consistancy of Master Cut is thicker and grittier then the 3m perfect it compound or m105 im used to.

I used a Dewalt 849 rotary set at 1400 rpm ( Optimal opperating speed is not noted on bottle) with a 3m wool compounding pad. Master cut spread nicely, and gave a good working time wich can be nice working around difficult areas. The issue i had is the cut, it didnt level out the scratches anywhere near as fast as M105 or 3m perfect it. After spending a decent amount of time on half the hood with some sanding marks still remaining i had to finaly switch compounds to get the desired results.

This compound is not as aggressive as M105 or Perfect-it, but thats not saying it doesnt have its place. If you are looking for a moderately aggresive compound, but dont need anything as intense as M105 then this may work for you.

I did notice a discrepency on the bottle. In one place it says its for machine use only, but at another it says it can also be used by hand. This should be clarified.

Im having a hard time putting photos in, will try to update later

Post Thanks / Like

Re: PB Master Cut

I done a review on it a few weeks ago and had similar thoughts at first. I got it to actually cut out 1000 grit sanding marks, but it takes a while. No where near as fast as 3M, but in the hands of someone who may not be as confident with a rotary as some, I think that slow cutting action would be a good thing. In a production setting where time is money, this isnt the way to go. I used it on a black Ram last week with a orange LC pad (no wetsanding) as was really happy with the results. The big deal to me with it is capable of being used in direct sunlight..a big deal for mobile folks. Thanks for the review. Ive been waiting to see what others thought about it.

btw try to upload the pics to Photobucket, then copy and paste the img code to the thread. works like a charm

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review! Really fair and to the point!

Post Thanks / Like

I used mine for the first time this past weekend on a dark blue truck. Used the master cut with a white LC pad on my PC the followed with poorboys polish with a black finessing pad, followed that with white diamond/black hole misture and last for my LSP I used EX-P. Loved the results of all products. The master cut will save a good bit of time without having to run through the SSR products!

Thread Information