Post Thanks / Like

Garry Dean`s Cord Control Clip

I picked up a cord clip from Garry to try out. As we all know there is nothing more frustrating then trying to keep the power cable from hitting the paint while polishing. I`ve always slung the cord over my sholder but while you work and move around and the cord falls off.

I had the opportunity to use Garry`s clip the other day for most of the day. I have to say I was very happy with how it worked and kept the cord from falling. At first it took a little getting used to. Finding just the right spot to put it on the collar of my shirt and getting enough cord in front of me to be able to use full range of motion. Once I found the spot on the collar of my shirt where it felt comfortable everything was great. WHen I finished for the day I forgot I even had the clip on. Went to get in my car and I felt the clip when I was putting on my seat belt.

The other thing to adjust to was how much cord I needed to have while I worked. The clip allows the power cord to move freely but I liked having the right amount of cord already pulled through. After a little bit I was able to clip the right amount through when I started working and I didn`t have to adjust to allow more cord. By the end of the day I didn`t even have to think about it anymore I just did it.

Sometimes it`s little things like this that make a job much easier and you wonder "Why didn`t I think of that". I have to say that this gets a

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Garry Dean`s Cord Control Clip

Lots of things will work like the clip; I use a potato chip bag clamp.

Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaymz View Post

Jim
    I`ve used binder clips and other clips but never a chip clip. I would think they all would have the same issue though... The clips have the tabs that dig into my neck and the cord doesn`t move once clipped.

I did have my own idea that I`m sure would have worked but I still needed the parts and some trial and error to get it right. Garry`s clip works now and I didn`t have to do any work. In the end I think it`s better than what I had planned

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    I picked up a cord clip from Garry to try out. As we all know there is nothing more frustrating then trying to keep the power cable from hitting the paint while polishing. I`ve always slung the cord over my sholder but while you work and move around and the cord falls off.

I had the opportunity to use Garry`s clip the other day for most of the day. I have to say I was very happy with how it worked and kept the cord from falling. At first it took a little getting used to. Finding just the right spot to put it on the collar of my shirt and getting enough cord in front of me to be able to use full range of motion. Once I found the spot on the collar of my shirt where it felt comfortable everything was great. WHen I finished for the day I forgot I even had the clip on. Went to get in my car and I felt the clip when I was putting on my seat belt.

The other thing to adjust to was how much cord I needed to have while I worked. The clip allows the power cord to move freely but I liked having the right amount of cord already pulled through. After a little bit I was able to clip the right amount through when I started working and I didn`t have to adjust to allow more cord. By the end of the day I didn`t even have to think about it anymore I just did it.

Sometimes it`s little things like this that make a job much easier and you wonder "Why didn`t I think of that". I have to say that this gets a
    Thanks for the review! I am very happy you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymz View Post

Jim
    There is nothing else on the market that is as easy to use or that gives you the full range of motion my Cord Control Clip does. See below.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    I`ve used binder clips and other clips but never a chip clip. I would think they all would have the same issue though... The clips have the tabs that dig into my neck and the cord doesn`t move once clipped.

I did have my own idea that I`m sure would have worked but I still needed the parts and some trial and error to get it right. Garry`s clip works now and I didn`t have to do any work. In the end I think it`s better than what I had planned
    Thanks again!

Post Thanks / Like

Was thinking about this today and while vacuuming I realized how much it drives me nuts when the hose drags on the door jam. Wonder if something like this could be made to fit on the belt or waist band.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwgcmc View Post
    Was thinking about this today and while vacuuming I realized how much it drives me nuts when the hose drags on the door jam. Wonder if something like this could be made to fit on the belt or waist band.
    The first thing I did was replace the corrugated hose on my MetroVac with an Electrolux fabric covered hose. No more marring or drag along door jambs, just smooth gliding. You many not find that hose today. I took it from an old Electrolux I found at the in-laws basement.

There is also a sleeve made by AirVac.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gloss View Post
    The first thing I did was replace the corrugated hose on my MetroVac with an Electrolux fabric covered hose. No more marring or drag along door jambs, just smooth gliding. You many not find that hose today. I took it from an old Electrolux I found at the in-laws basement.

There is also a sleeve made by AirVac.
    I would bet wrapping the hose in masking tape would help.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes there are things that can help, but so are there with polisher cords. just saying the design might work the same if made big enough to handle the hose.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Dean View Post
    I would bet wrapping the hose in masking tape would help.
    I remember back in the day that DF Towel made a sleeve for the power cords on polishers. Not sure if they still do since I haven`t been on their site in forever. Something like that for the hose on the vacuums would be great.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes there are things that can help, but so are there with polisher cords. just saying the design might work the same if made big enough to handle the hose.
    I think leverage might be a problem for the clip to handle more weight on your collar. My clip is designed to handle the weight and size of electrical cables. I could make a bigger version for vacuum hoses if you think you`d like one. What is the diameter of your vacuum hose?

Thread Information