Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The single most effective detailing product I`ve ever used!

Quote Originally Posted by Garry Dean View Post
    Premium Finish Care is working on the price for the kit as well as breaking it up and making the block and the lubricant gel available separately at autogeek. The price should be much better.

Just my .02 of insider info.

Garry, who told you this? Rick or Sam?

Hey Mark, when I saw the title of this thread I was sure you were going to say OPC!!

Post Thanks / Like

I got to differ a tad on this clay sponge. I was giving one by a supplier well over two years ago. My first impression was it will remove surface contaminants, but I noticed a fair amount of marring. Sure it can be polished out, but for me the purpose of claying a car is not to induce marring unless you are removing overspary or the likes of that.

All that said the one I was using did its job, but I stopped using it. Maybe these new ones such as what the OP posted are upgrades from the one I had.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

I hope it has been upgraded too as to not instill marring because the concept of this product is very interesting and sounds like it has the potential to totally replace traditional clay.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Allergic to One Product ZL1Mark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CEE DOG View Post

Hey Mark, when I saw the title of this thread I was sure you were going to say OPC!!

I`m sure you and many others!

On a side note, as far as the ultima one having some clay, that kinda takes away been able to rinse it if you drop it. Even the slightest amount of clay is sticky.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy View Post
    I got to differ a tad on this clay sponge. I was giving one by a supplier well over two years ago. My first impression was it will remove surface contaminants, but I noticed a fair amount of marring. Sure it can be polished out, but for me the purpose of claying a car is not to induce marring unless you are removing overspary or the likes of that.

All that said the one I was using did its job, but I stopped using it. Maybe these new ones such as what the OP posted are upgrades from the one I had.
    I have heard this from almost everyone thats used these type of products. That it`s great for when you are going to polish but do NOT use it unless you are polishing because it does mar the paint.

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post

I`m sure you and many others!

On a side note, as far as the ultima one having some clay, that kinda takes away been able to rinse it if you drop it. Even the slightest amount of clay is sticky.

Yes, it was a very interesting conversation and I never got to the bottom of it. I can`t be sure if it has clay or not because the Ultima guys didn`t seem to agree on if it did or didn`t. The last word was said by on of the owners that it did but then we got going on another subject.

Maybe it has clay mixed into the synthetic material somehow...

Another thing they told me was to be careful with cheaper ones because they will start to delaminate and can scratch.

Post Thanks / Like

I can`t be sure if it has clay or not because the Ultima guys didn`t seem to agree on if it did or didn`t.
    How can they not know this about their own product???

Post Thanks / Like

Garry, who told you this? Rick or Sam?

I speak with both Rick and Sam on a regular basis. In fact, I just got off the phone with Rick just to clear a few things up. Rick told me that the block is exactly the same no matter who you get it from or the price you pay for it. Rick and Premium Finish Care were the absolute first to introduce this block to the industry circa 2005. Since then it has been available for the taking as far as distribution goes. They all come from China.

As far as autogeek selling the block and lube separately, I made the suggestion to Rick based on responses to the vieeo review I posted and he agreed.

Post Thanks / Like

Rick told me that the block is exactly the same no matter who you get it from or the price you pay for it.
    Good info, Garry.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds about right, I recall mention of this block back in 2006. I`m concerned about marring.

Post Thanks / Like

I speak with both Rick and Sam on a regular basis. In fact, I just got off the phone with Rick just to clear a few things up. Rick told me that the block is exactly the same no matter who you get it from or the price you pay for it. Rick and Premium Finish Care were the absolute first to introduce this block to the industry circa 2005. Since then it has been available for the taking as far as distribution goes. They all come from China.

As far as autogeek selling the block and lube separately, I made the suggestion to Rick based on responses to the vieeo review I posted and he agreed.
    Gary,

Where they the first to introduce it to the auto industry? I think and I can`t confirm this, but 3M has had one on the market for sometime. Who was first I can`t answer that, and not that it really matters to me. If I recall right, I was given mine before 2005 or there about.

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Sounds about right, I recall mention of this block back in 2006. I`m concerned about marring.
    Rick suggests to use the block on glass first to break it in. After the block surface is flat then go ahead and use it on paint. I have been using it for a bit now and I don`t see the marring issue some have mentioned. Opinions are like... So my suggestion is for you to try it out for yourself. It definately has its place.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beemerboy View Post
    Gary,

Where they the first to introduce it to the auto industry? I think and I can`t confirm this, but 3M has had one on the market for sometime. Who was first I can`t answer that, and not that it really matters to me. If I recall right, I was given mine before 2005 or there about.
    I typed exactly what Rick @ PFC told me.

Post Thanks / Like

I typed exactly what Rick @ PFC told me.
    Thanks

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Rick suggests to use the block on glass first to break it in. After the block surface is flat then go ahead and use it on paint. I have been using it for a bit now and I don`t see the marring issue some have mentioned. Opinions are like... So my suggestion is for you to try it out for yourself. It definately has its place.
    Ah, this is the first I`m hearing of the prep with glass step. That`s probably pretty important.

It definitely seems to have its place, at minimum for the detailer who`s time is money and needs the job clay does faster without having to renew bars of clay, so he can move on to the polishing step that he has to do any way..and/or...for the enthusiast who properly prepped the bar with the glass, who now no longer has to renew clay after touching up between details as well as full details.

Post Thanks / Like

I knew there was a thread about this and couldn`t recall the date. Black bart started a thread in 2008. I replied to it with some pics of the one I have / had (don`t know where its at today) Again this was 2008 so today product might be a whole different animal

http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...-obsolete.html

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information