Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why use AIO?

Post Thanks / Like

Why use AIO?

After washing and claying a car, I used SSR-2 and then SSR-1 and couldn`t believe the awesome shine and reflectivity to the finish. Since I was topping with UPP, I decided to try what has been recommended here so I started to apply a coat of AIO ...
    I followed the directions and what I found was that the AIO actually TOOK AWAY some of the shine and reflectivity. So I went over the area again with SSR-1 to restore the previous finish and topped with 2 coats of UPP which actually added to the shine, depth and reflectivity. I have used AIO some in the past and have also noticed that it makes the UPP a little more difficult to apply. My questions are:

What purpose does the AIO serve?
    Has anyone else had similar results?

Love the SSR and UPP products ... still undecided on AIO

Post Thanks / Like
    AIO ( all in one)

I think is for those that are not wanting to do SWR, Polish, Sealant / Wax.

After using SSR I use PB P-w-C and get even better results or shine, is that what you used for AIO?

Also SSR are aggresive cutters so what you had was a very clean and swril free clear coat, which oyur right looks very shinny. However there is no protection, the sealant added protetion, but I would have g one with some polish, then sealant to improve the protetion.
    Old Enough To Know Better, Too Stupid To Care....

Dave`s Detailing
    Sonoma County, CA

The Rainmaker
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why use AIO?

Originally posted by kimwallace
    I have used AIO some in the past and have also noticed that it makes the UPP a little more difficult to apply. My questions are:

What purpose does the AIO serve?
    Has anyone else had similar results?

Love the SSR and UPP products ... still undecided on AIO
    Never had a problem removing UPP with or without AIO as a base.

Klasse AIO cleans, polishes, and leaves some acrylic protection. Different opinions on how much. So, like who cares when it is getting UPP over it. Leaves a great looking finish for me that becomes a wow finish when the UPP goes on after it.
    There are those that feel Ultimate Paint Cleaner, (UPC) is a better prep for UPP than the AIO.
    :dunno
    Not having used any of the SSR products, I can`t compare or comment. Sounds like they did a better job for you than the AIO. Easy decision. Stick with what works for you.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m a newbie in this game but I think Irecognize your problem with AIO - I think you`re useing too much product. I too have had problems with AIO looking dull and decided that was the reason - too mcuh product!!

SSR1 really leaves a shine doesn`t it? Man o man!
    Fasten Your Seat Belt! It helps keep the aliens from sucking you out of the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    The shine and depth from the SSR 1 was as good or better than a Meg`s machine glaze.
    The AIO didn``t look dull it just took away from the awesome shine.

Beemerboy,
    I did top with 2 coats of UPP (sealant)
    Are you saying I should have used another polish besides SSR 1?
    It`s what you learn after you know it all that counts ... John Wooden

Boss_429
    The shine and depth from the SSR 1 was as good or better than a Meg`s machine glaze.
    If you liked that, use the SSR1 at a speed of around 5 with a polishing pad. Then when done, come back with the SSR1 on a finishing pad with the PC set to 6.

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn`t go to the finishing pad, but I did work the product in for a while at 4-5 and then as it started to disapear I cranked it up to 6 and worked it again. There wasn`t hardly anything to wipe off and WOW ... I thought I had used a rotary instead of the PC.

Boss_429
    I love SSR1 on a finishing pad with the PC cranked to the limit................. as my last step before the wax goodies!

Post Thanks / Like
    Boss,
    If using SSR 1, Do you see a need for anything like AIO or do you just go to UPP, EX, Carnuba, etc?

Boss_429
    kimwallace,

If you want maximum durability out of the UPP, I would go with AIO, or 4* UGC just prior to the UPP. If maximum durability isn`t a concern, then you can pretty much mix and match any products you want........... however, I don`t think that`s the best way to go............. but I do it all the time.

The SSR1 should be used to remove the last of any fine swirls, or hazing left behind by another polish. However, because of the nice look it leaves, it is a nice product to top with a carnauba, or similar product.

Remember, a lot of people use Meguiar`s #9, or similar products to remove swirls prior to AIO/UPP. I suspect what you saw with the AIO was the look of the AIO overtaking the SSR1.......... happens with a lot of products.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kim IMO AIO is a polish/cleaner that leaves an acrylic layer before applying your sealant. If your surface is already polished and shinny, why would you wish to use AIO? If you think UPP is not a long lasting sealant I would apply several coats or apply it more often.
    Ron - always trying to improve and perfect my trade

Click here to visit my gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    AIO has always given me more of a Warm glow type look, and not so much the "wet" look. PwC is similar to AIO, but does shine and look a little wetter.

Boss brings up a great point with SSR1 on a finishing pad. I think Dr. Detail mentioned it also in the PC thread, use your least abrasive at the highest speed attainable for an ultimate gloss finish.

I`m looking forward to your pictures!!
    Nick Carberry
    ~Detailing high-end cars with quality products~

Post Thanks / Like
    I also use AIO for the wetter look do half of your hood with AIO and one without it gives it a deeper richer wetter loook. And it also cleans and preps the surface for a sealent. It also provides pretty good protection by it self when I apply it on my rims brake dust can just be washed off.
    www.exotiXboard.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I did top with 2 coats of UPP (sealant)
    I`m going out on a limb here. Please forgive me if I`m showing so much ignorance. When you apply two coats of UPP, do you apply one coat, then another on top of the first, then wipe/buff? Or do you apply the first coat, then wipe/buff, then apply the second coat, then wipe/buff? I would think that it`s the second procedure that you would do. But then again, since my experience is still severely limited, anyone could tell me that I thought wrong and I would probably believe him. But you guys I trust.

Post Thanks / Like
    UPP needs time to cure. You shouldn`t apply two coats in the same day. So you apply the first and buff it off. Then anytime after a day or so you can apply another coat. This isn`t a wax that just dries and that`s it. There is a chemical process taking place on the paint that needs time to complete before you put more on. You get the best results out of UPP if you wait a day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information