Post Thanks / Like

Seriously unimpressed with this product...

The only two products from Meguiar`s that have ever failed to meet my expectations of them have been their consumer grade clay and the NXT dash protectant. I had an interior job to do on a 2003 Focus today and figured it was a good opportunity to test this stuff out. I have to say that it is not a product I think I`ll ever be using again.

At first I thought that maybe I had grabbed my NXT spray wax bottle instead of the protectant. This stuff is the greasiest and nastiest stuff I have ever put on anything. I tested it out on the door panel before I put it on anything else to see how glossy it really is. I am positive that I couldn`t have used too much. This stuff was so greasy that the towel I was using reminded me of what the towel feels like when detailing an engine bay. It was unreal. It wouldn`t wipe off or `de-grease` with a dry towel either. I had to break out the #39 and clean that whole door down and then use my trusty 4* rubber and vinyl protectant.

I dunno... Maybe that is what this NXT product is supposed to do. Maybe its supposed to be supper high gloss and greasy, but somehow I don`t think that is what people want. This is one product that goes right to my disgraced products shelf. I can`t imagine ever having a need for a super greasy and high gloss protectant like this one. It definitely smells good, but that is the only redeming quality it has for me. If it wasn`t for the fact that I traded some S100 for the Spray Wax and Protectant then I`d be on the phone to Meguiar`s right now for a refund. I`m just really super unimpressed and disappointed with this product. It wasn`t at all what I expected it to be.

Post Thanks / Like
    Funny thing.....I`ve read a thread a couple of days ago from a guy that loved it!

Guess they make it for someone after all
    Portuguese details detalhe.net

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess so. I`m not saying its bad stuff... I`m just saying that it is terribly greasy and incredibly shiney. Personally I don`t consider those good things for a dash protectant to have.

Perpetual Noob
    Post Thanks / Like
    It`s pretty good for tires. I prefer #40 for interior and convertible tops.

One thing about the NXT, it goes where you put it, and stays there.

I like the NXT wax, and the wash, but don`t care for the spray wax and I`m indifferent to the protectant.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Jngrbrdman

I`m with you - but I find it is awesome on tires - first time I tried it I thought it was way to thick and greasy as well - be sure and shake it up well it seems to tone down the oiliness -

For application (i use it to detail my roomate`s truck) I spray it on the MF (hold the MF about a foot from the nozzle) and spray once or twice - seems to go a looong way and the smell adds a freshness to interiors (that lime smell - ugh I can`t stand it but roomy likes it)...
    You have activated my special ability....

Thread Information