Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

REVIEW - Dr.Colorchip paint chip repair system - Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - Premium Custom Detailing

I used the Dr.Colorchip system for the first time yesterday and I must say that it is amazing. Very easy to work with and yields fantastic results. The paint matched very well also. Here is a video How To and Review I shot yesterday. Stay tuned for an update video of my thoughts.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7xrDyKTHcM]‪Review - Dr.Colorchip paint chip repair system on 2008 Lexus IS F.wmv‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks for watching!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: REVIEW - Dr.Colorchip paint chip repair system - Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - Premium Custom Detailing

bump

Post Thanks / Like

Re: REVIEW - Dr.Colorchip paint chip repair system - Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - Premium Custom Detailing

Very nice how to and video doc (again!) Gary.

Post Thanks / Like

Garry thanks for the video. I really like the idea of Dr. Colorchip because it seems simple enough and if the color matches well that`s always a plus. If it saves time I`m all for it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Garry thanks for the video. I really like the idea of Dr. Colorchip because it seems simple enough and if the color matches well that`s always a plus. If it saves time I`m all for it
    I just ordered another kit this morning so I will keep you posted on how well this one matches.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks, Gary. Another great informative post.

Post Thanks / Like

Good vid Gary.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

What is the shelf life of the Dr Colorchip? Is it a one time use or can you go back and do other touch ups with it? I would like the ability to use it more than once. For some reason I have it in my mind that it would be a one time cosmetic repair just prior to the sale of a vehicle to raise value.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you can use more than once but just like other paints there is a shelf life. Maybe Garry will have a solid answer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flamed03vert View Post
    What is the shelf life of the Dr Colorchip? Is it a one time use or can you go back and do other touch ups with it? I would like the ability to use it more than once. For some reason I have it in my mind that it would be a one time cosmetic repair just prior to the sale of a vehicle to raise value.
    The folks at Dr.Colorchip say the touchup should last indefinately. There is a ball bearing in the glass container that you can shake up the paint periodically with.

Post Thanks / Like

Guess I was under the wrong assumption that the chip would be completely filled and you wouldn`t be able to see it. From Garry`s video, the chip looked unchanged after the repair, though I`m sure there was improvement per his comments.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by addysdaddy View Post
    Guess I was under the wrong assumption that the chip would be completely filled and you wouldn`t be able to see it. From Garry`s video, the chip looked unchanged after the repair, though I`m sure there was improvement per his comments.
    I did the review based on how the directions read.

When I use the system I always go by the directions first. I wait an hour or so, then I go for round 2. Adding paint and building the chip up fills in the crater, thus making the repair look much better.
    Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - 813-846-4406
    Auto - Boat - RV - Motorcycle - Aircraft
    Premium Custom Detailing

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

+1 for Dr ColorChip --

Been using them for years, they used to ship their products in these really nice wooden hinged boxes.
    The paint quality and match for me has been perfect, even metallics. They need to be layered in slowly to level out, and they shine right from the get go in my experiences with them.
    They give you lots of different sized brushes but I still use my decades old camel hair sword brush, that you can usually buy at automotive paint supply shops.

I recommend this to my Clients all the time and offer to do the touch up for them if they cant figure it out.

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, have a trio of monster chips on the hood of my kids car and think I might dive into these waters. (with a little help from my friends of course). Does anyone come back after the craters are filled and level it off with the Porter Cable? Or do u simply fill & level the spots until you`ve built the paint up to the proper height, allow for the paint to dry between coats.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I`m going to give this a try. My mom`s car has a chip on it that needs to be repaired so I need to order some touch up paint anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information