Post Thanks / Like

Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish vs Poorboys Blue Polish w Carnuba

I have been using the Poorboys Blue Polish w Carnuba for a while as a pre wax cleaner and glaze, since previously I have used carnuba based LSPs. It seems to work pretty well at removing light surface contaminants and really brightening the finiih, all without any abrasives. I have decided that I want to go a new route with my LSP, so I picked up some BlackFire Wet Diamond and the Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish. I know that using the Poorboys Blue Polish w Carnuba proably isn`t a good idea since its carnuba based, but have any of you all tried both and could compare the two? Just by looking at the two the Poorboys product does seem to be a little thicker and less runny than the Blackfire polish.

How well does the Blackfire Polish work at actually cleaning light surface contaminants and light surface oxidation, or is this product intended as a straight up glaze to be used after a cleaner polish such as P21S? Does it contain any abrasives at all to it?

With the Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish do I need to wait a certain amound of time before applying BFWD, or can I jump right into applying it?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish vs Poorboys Blue Polish w Carnuba

I haven`t used the Poorboys but I have used the BF gloss enhancing polish with a Flex 3401 and white LC pad. It`s real easy to work with, has a long working time, and virtually no dusting. Very easy to wipe off. My paint was in good shape to start so I don`t know how much correcting it will do. It does work very well at cleaning the paint and removing all previous LSP. From what I`ve read in the BF booklet it`s a cleaning prep for WD and it has some fillers to hide minor swirls. My paint had no swirls so I can`t comment on how well the fillers work. I applied WD immediately after using the gloss enhancing polish with no problems.

Thing to note, if you use the gloss enhancing polish again you will need to reapply WD as it will remove it.

Post Thanks / Like

i can`t speak for the poorboys blue polish, but i have used the bf gloss enhancing polish on my own vehicles and friend`s cars. yes it does a good job at removing light oxidation and light scratches too. i detailed a friend`s dark bro infiniti that was oxidised and the white lc pads i used were very brown when i finished. the car looked 100% better after the bf polish and sealant. no wait time between polish & finish and both were easy to apply & remove. the bf polish & sealant are definitely my go to products. high quality, easy on, easy off and a great finish at a reasonable price. they also make a src polish too. a nice non cleaning carnuba wax over the bfwd makes an even more beautiful finish imho. the bfwd does need to setup before waxing . i usually wait 6hrs. the results can be seen on my info page with my 2000 ford f150.

Post Thanks / Like

I have never used Poorboy`s Polish w/ carnauba so I cannot compare the to, but I just spent about 30 minutes searching and reading some reviews of the product.

It seems like it is a very mild paint cleaner that adds nice `pop` to the paint (in addition to wax protection).

Gloss Enhancing Polish is again a very very very mild polish that chemically cleans the paint and and mechanically adds gloss by rounding the microscopic edges of swirls. It does fill a little bit as well, but ultimately it is a glaze in the sense that that it adds wetness to the paint, but doesn`t really remove paint at all.

The advantage of GEP is that you can top it with either a wax or a sealant because the glazing agent is synthetic. With Poorboys, I would assume (based on previous experiences) that would be somewhat limited to what you can top it with, as most sealants aren`t going to stick over a carnauba wax.

So if you are looking for something that is a true 1 step, it seems Poorboy`s is the best choice. If you are looking to add a little wetness to the paint and layer on top of it, then GEP.

Hope this helps. I will update when I get a chance to play more with Poorboy`s but perhaps somebody with more experience can chime in?

Todd

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Might have to get some of the PB Blue Polish to try out.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Poorboys PWC is a pretty nice AIO. I have used it frequently on my boat to clean up mild oxidation. It`s not that durable so I end up topping it with Colly 845.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quick Update:

I got the chance to give Poorboy`s Blue Polish with Carnauba a good shot the last couple of days and think its a really good product for what it is.

Ultimately what it comes down to is what you are looking to do. Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish is an excellent preparation/foundation step if you are chasing the ultimate shine/reflection, but it is the beginning of the foundation you are building.

Poorboy`s Blue Polish with Carnauba is a one-step (all-in-one) product will remove and fill light swirls, as well as add some protection quickly. It isn`t a product designed for the perfectionist (although it performs extremely well in its intended role) but rather a time-saver. It really is apples to oranges.

Thread Information