Quote Originally Posted by Todd Helme View Post
Real Ferrari Daytona Spyder`s = mucho bucks. Stunning car in a great color!

I`m glad you said that.
I don`t want to mislead anyone. When I said real and not a reproduction I meant not a body shop cut car. This car is one of the early 1 of 35 Straman cars. Straman did factory spec conversions. People would get a Daytona coupe and send it to him back then. This was due to the sell out of the first 122.

Scaglietti converted 122 coupes in house for Ferrari. Yes, Todd those are big bucks. Many "converted" cars were done without all the extra bracing, steel firewall, steel top compartment, steel wheel wells. There is also a noticeable difference in the rear lines from behind on other conversions. This one is still accepted at events because of Straman`s Daytona build reputation to factory specs. Although not 1mil+ its not cheap.

Some people have claimed to have a "later" Scaglietti conversion (oh boy here we go) but this is NOT true. Scaglietti worked solely for Ferrari during this time. He could not and would not do this even later down the road. Some have tried to claim this to boost a sale.

The best thing about any Daytona they will do 60 mph in first gear, 85 in second, 115 in third, and 150 in fourth, leaving one more gear for those who want to exceed 170 mph. It will top each gear out quickly. Not bad for a early 70`s car.

The history lesson is over.