Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tech-Shine

Post Thanks / Like

Tech-Shine

Anyone have any experience or insight with this product? I used it last summer on the GT-R and thought it was fine. It gave the car a "clayed" feeling...very smooth. I am trying to get smarter about the different products, and was wondering what the heck this stuff really is? Is there a down-side?

Tech Shine

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tech-Shine

It`s labeled for use on any new or well-maintained car. What exactly does well-maintained mean? Polished and waxed?

That means, after the prep work is done (claying, polishing), this product can be applied.

Won`t products like Poorboy`s Quick Detailer accomplish the same results on any new or well-maintained car? It can be used the same way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GT-R View Post
    Anyone have any experience or insight with this product? I used it last summer on the GT-R and thought it was fine. It gave the car a "clayed" feeling...very smooth. I am trying to get smarter about the different products, and was wondering what the heck this stuff really is? Is there a down-side?
    I`ve never used this product and have no idea as to its quality. I looked at the site. One thing I`ll say is they don`t seem to make a bunch of unbelievable claims like I`ve seen on some other new `Miracle Product` sites. In fact I don`t think I even saw a guarantee. I can`t tell for sure but it kind of seems like a gloss enhancer along the lines of Spray and Gloss or Eagle One etc., though it apparently offers some extended protection.

They tell you flat out it does not replace polishing.
    No, your red Honda paint is oxidized and needs to be hand or machined buffed and polished to restore the finish.
    Yet in another sentence says it saves hours of polishing.
    Tech Shine delivers results that would take hours of conventional waxing and polishing.
    Will it last longer than a quality sealant? I`m skeptical on that one but I`d be interested in seeing some reviews.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Never used or heard of this product. Perhaps it`s a sealant with some heavier cleaners than usual? I don`t see them mentioning applying multiple layers.
    www.autopia-carcare.com
    1-877-855-3125
    John@Autopia-CarCare.com

Post Thanks / Like

Kinda weird that the "gurus" of car detailing have not heard of this stuff, no? Like I mentioned prior, I used it on a nearly new finish with fairly good results. It gave the finish a very smooth feel with lots of beading. It might be similar to a quick detailer. When I used it on the windows, it gave a "rain-x" effect.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GT-R View Post
    Kinda weird that the "gurus" of car detailing have not heard of this stuff, no?...
    Detail City has plenty of remarkable detailers (Gurus). Every product has to earn its stripes. Ask yourself these questions. How long has the product been on the market? How many bottles of this product have been sold? How much money has the manufacturer spent on marketing this product? Where do they advertise/sell?

When selling products, word of mouth takes a long time to grow deep roots. This is particularly true in established communities. People need to have a reason to set their proven favorites aside (i.e. cheap prices, free samples, famous endorsement). There are a ton of really good products on the market of which many people (even in the know) may have never used, disliked or have no opinion.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

There are plenty of other products out there that none of us have ever heard of, and probably never will. Cars are investments, and people are weary about trying new products that don`t have a foundation or reputation.

What matters is that you used it, and liked it. Are there products that will give you better results? Probably. I personally like to try as many products as I can, time permitting. It broadens your knowledge and people will appreciate your advice that much more.
    www.autopia-carcare.com
    1-877-855-3125
    John@Autopia-CarCare.com

Post Thanks / Like

The way they describe how it works sounds like DG-AW but you don`t keep adding water with AW.

For several years I felt compelled to try every thing on the market but stopped wasting my money and pretty much stick with what I know will give me the results that I`m looking for.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John@Autopia-Carcare.com View Post
    I personally like to try as many products as I can, time permitting. It broadens your knowledge and people will appreciate your advice that much more.
    That is where I am currently. I need to try a bunch of stuff and see where I am, what I need, what I like, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

That is where I am currently. I need to try a bunch of stuff and see where I am, what I need, what I like, etc.
    Or, you can save yourself a lot of wasted money and wasted time by listening to and observing the experiences here.

Of course the vendors want you to have one of everything. LOL

I prefer to use Mike Phillips advice, "find something you like and use it often".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gloss View Post
    Of course the vendors want you to have one of everything. LOL

I prefer to use Mike Phillips advice, "find something you like and use it often".

I`d rather have a customer find something he likes and stick to it. That`s how you create brand loyalty and in the end, you`re always satisfied with the result. The only argument against that is; if you`re a professional, one specific brand may not manufacture the right tools for the job at hand. That`s why it helps to have variety.

For the weekend warrior working on their personal car, finding what works best and sticking to it is always recommended by myself.
    www.autopia-carcare.com
    1-877-855-3125
    John@Autopia-CarCare.com

Post Thanks / Like

I figured GT-R was a weekend warrior, hence my response.

I am not a weekend warrior. I detail one car on Wednesday and the second one on Friday.

I don`t know what I`m called, other than obsessed.

Post Thanks / Like

Weekend warrior. Unfortunately, I can`t quit the job that pays the bills....Not until I can afford to get what John has in his avatar...
    Don`t get me wrong, it`s not like I want to try one of everything. But just imagine if you had only ever used TurtleWax and a diaper? One has to branch out a little.

Post Thanks / Like

Turtle Wax has dressed millions of cars in their time, and it`s still on every shelf in town.

We haven`t had diapers around here for 26 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Before I buy any more detailing supplies I will have to build a bigger garage because the one I have is full.
    No way I`m ever going to use it all some of it has been sitting on the shelf too long now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information