Thread: spider webs

Post Thanks / Like

spider webs

i bought a flex a few months ago because my pc was not doing the job getting out the spider webs on my truck, i used the flex with meg 105 and 205 but i still can see the spider webs on my truck , am i using the right product or do i need to use a high speed buffer seems like it worked on the video but not for me

Post Thanks / Like

Re: spider webs

Quote Originally Posted by littlejap33 View Post
    i bought a flex a few months ago because my pc was not doing the job getting out the spider webs on my truck, i used the flex with meg 105 and 205 but i still can see the spider webs on my truck , am i using the right product or do i need to use a high speed buffer seems like it worked on the video but not for me
    It could be that your vehicles is swirled up badly and/or hard paint or your techique. It may take

What are you working on? Brand, paint color.

Describe your technique:
    1, How much polish do you apply to pad
    2. how fast due to move the Flex when polishing
    3. how is your work area for each section
    4. how many passes do you do on each section?

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

07 tundra

Post Thanks / Like

i`ll put a bead around the pad, before i turn the flex on i`ll move the product around, i`ll buff a 2 ft x 2 ft section go over till the product is clear then wipe off

Post Thanks / Like

What type of pad are you using you might need to go a little more abrasive you can change the entire way a polish acts with just a change of pad. You might also want to try the KB Method to prime the pad.

Post Thanks / Like

My guess would be (since the Tundra has very soft paint) is that you`re inducing some micro-marring that you`re not fully taking out.

My suggestion would be to hit it with a soft polish pad and the lightest polish you have at high speed on the Flex. Work on small areas, moving relatively slowly, and give it several passes per area. Keep the idea in your mind that you are trying to burnish/jewel the surface.

I`ve got a lot of pinstriping, marring, and webbing on my truck right now from a full season of taking it through the woods, and I am doing some testing areas (and touching up small rock ships) for polishing, and I can remove almost all the marring with Meg`s Swirl X, which appears to be a relatively mild polish. Some of the heavier marring looks to need something heavier, and I have in mind to try the newest Meg`s Scratch X which is supposedly a comparable step to Meg`s 205 (it`s in-between Ultimate Compound and SwirlX, at least by my research).

TL;DR: Tundra has soft paint, and you should be able to get it mar-free using pretty light polish and a polish pad with the Flex.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Thread Information