Post Thanks / Like

Paint reading gauge and digital optical microscope??

Looking for one of each for a begginer at paint correction my budget is no more than $300 for the total of both together!!

Maestro of Microfiber
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Paint reading gauge and digital optical microscope??

Quick search of Google and sponsor website shows you can get a thickness gauge for $300 with a few choices.

Didn`t search for a microscope. Why do you feel one is needed, esp just starting out? (if I recall your intro correctly). Might be able to put that 300 toward something that will really generate income for your business.
    My Indian Name is "Runs With Beer"

Post Thanks / Like

There is only 1 paint thickness gauge that I know of that would be within your budget. I`m actually planning on getting one of these soon myself.
    Paint Meter, Paint Gauge, Paint Gage - HighLineMeter.com
    The others are over $600. As for the Microscope, first off there is no need in it IMO, and your looking at HUGE money.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MDerleth View Post
    Quick search of Google and sponsor website shows you can get a thickness gauge for $300 with a few choices.

Didn`t search for a microscope. Why do you feel one is needed, esp just starting out? (if I recall your intro correctly). Might be able to put that 300 toward something that will really generate income for your business.
    yea i am starting out in the paint correction part well the reason why i ask for a microscope is cuz i found one which u can connect via USB to ur computer and be able to see it digital or optical which would be using ur eyes for around $160 sounds cheap but looks like it might work il post the description of the device in a bit

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean81 View Post
    There is only 1 paint thickness gauge that I know of that would be within your budget. I`m actually planning on getting one of these soon myself.
    Paint Meter, Paint Gauge, Paint Gage - HighLineMeter.com
    The others are over $600. As for the Microscope, first off there is no need in it IMO, and your looking at HUGE money.
    ur getting the new gauge or the 1st gen??
    yup dont get me wrong a bad ass microscope is pricey all tho there is one i found which might work

Post Thanks / Like

For less than $100

Carson Optical Mm-740 Zpix 200 Zoom Digital Microscope-Size: One Size, Color: One Color

The Carson® zPix™ 200 is a powerful zoom digital microscope that displays the magnified image right on your computer screen. The impressive 26x-130x zoom magnification allows you to see details of ordinary objects you never knew existed. Capture an image to keep using the built-in 1.3 megapixel resolution digital camera. You can even capture close-focus video!

Features
    Model Number: MM-740
    Magnification: 26-130x
    Weight: 8.8 oz
    Dimensions: 4.125 in x 1.75 in x 1.6875 in
    Accessories: Specimen base, 3 blank slides, 1 prepared slide, forceps, eyedropper, USB cable, CD ROM software

For less than $100
    Celestron Handheld Digital & Optical Microscope

The Celestron Handheld Digital & Optical Microscope 44306 is a combination digital / optical microscope that is great for teens as well as adults for education, discovery, work and fun. This innovative Celestron Microscope allows you to view specimens or objects on a computer screen and allows you to take snapshot images or short videos with its 2.0MP CMOS Digital Camera. You can use the microscope optically and take it anywhere using its battery power. The Celestron Handheld Digital & Optical Microscope is ideally suited for examining objects such as coins, stamps, rocks, relics, insects, plants, gems, circuit boards, various materials, skin, and many other objects. Also, you can examine specimen slides at low and high powers.

These microscopes by Celestron provide powers from 4x to 8x and 50x when used as an optical microscope, and 20x to 40x and 200x powers when used as a digital microscope. With the included digital camera and the software, you can observe the magnified images or capture video or take snapshots. The Celestron Handheld Digital & Optical Microscope 44306 is a precision optical instrument made of high quality materials to ensure durability and long life.

Specifications for Celestron Handheld Digital & Optical Microscope 44306:
    Eyepiece: Glass Optics
    USB Cable: 2.0
    Illuminator: LED - Uses 2AAA Batteries (user supplied). Adjustable brightness control.
    Digital Camera: 2MP CMOS - 1600x1200 pixel array
    Weight (with batteries) and Dimensions: 19oz (539g) 2" x 1.25" x 3.5" (51mm x 32mm x 89mm)
    System Requirements: Windows XP 32 & 64 bit, Windows Vista 32 & 64 bit, Windows 7 32 & 64 bit; MAC Version 10.4.9 and higher - must use a MAC compatible image capture program

Features of Celestron Handheld Digital & Optical Microscope 44306:
    Compatible with PC and MAC (click details tab for more info)
    20x to 40x, and 200x Digital Power
    2mp digital camera for snapshots and video with attached USB 2.0 cable
    Adjustable brightness LED illumination
    20x eyepiece for optical viewing - 4x to 8x, and 50x Power
    ArcSoft Photo software