Post Thanks / Like

Poorboys Question

Does Pro Polish (not PP2) HAVE ANY FILLERS? I HAVE GOT SOO MANY SWIRLS IN MY PAINT (NOW i KNOW WHY ITS CALLED PAIN-t)

mY WASH PROCESS IS 2 BM-SHEEPSKIN PAINT AND MF WASH MIT FOR LOWER ROCKER PANNELS AND DIRTY AREAS.

USING pb SSS AND BLOTTING DRY W/ WW AFTER BLOWING OFF EXCESS H2O`

POLISHED THIS CAR AT PB DETAIL WEEKEND IN MID - EARLY JULY. WITH pRO pOLISH AND FINISHED WITH LNB. i HAVE WASHED IT WEEKLY OR PERHAPS A LITTLE LESS AS I AM HAVING CONSTRUCTION DONE ON THE DRIVEWAY.

THIS MORING I WASHED IT IN DIRECT SUN AS i HAD NO CHOICE I USED A NEIGHBORS HOSE AND AFTER DRYING, THE CAR IS SWIRLED UP AND i MIGHT EVEN SEE A HOLLOGRAM! THE OLY THING I CAN IMAGINE IS THAT THEY WERE HIDDEN BY A FILLER.

i THINK INFINITI WAINT IS ON THE SOFT SIDE. AS FAR A P[OLISHES, I OWN ssr3, 2.5, 1. bLACK hOLE, WHITE DIAMONDS, SPRAY N WIPE, SPRAY N GLOSS, 105, 205, uLTIMA PAINT PREP, 4* SMR, SIMONIZ PROFESSIONAL FINISHING POLISH, 4* FINISHING SPRAY.

LOADS OD EDGE PADS RED, BLUE, BLACK, WHITE ORANGE

pc (ORIGINAL) AND fLEX da.

LOOKING FOER THE MAGIC COMBO THAT IS GOOF PROOF. I AM OPEN TO IDEAS.

"Luck" Residue of design tuscarora dave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Poorboys Question

To my knowledge there are no fillers in PP, Steve told be that the LNB had a small amount of fillers in it. If I were you I would go M-205, white pad on Flex polisher. The non diminishing finish polish gives a uniform finish quality cut that could be further jeweled but may not need to be. I`d look for some shade to work in though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    Does Pro Polish (not PP2) HAVE ANY FILLERS? I HAVE GOT SOO MANY SWIRLS IN MY PAINT (NOW i KNOW WHY ITS CALLED PAIN-t)
    Pro Polish has no fillers in it P.P. is a chemical cleaner and is pad dependant... meaning it will be a more aggressive polish with an aggressive pad. Nattys Liquid Blue as with All waxes will fill to a point.
    THIS MORING I WASHED IT IN DIRECT SUN AS i HAD NO CHOICE I USED A NEIGHBORS HOSE AND AFTER DRYING, THE CAR IS SWIRLED UP AND i MIGHT EVEN SEE A HOLLOGRAM! THE OLY THING I CAN IMAGINE IS THAT THEY WERE HIDDEN BY A FILLER.
    This is possible but you would of seen the same amount of swirls at the "Detailing Day". with out watching your washing process I could only guess at this point.. because it was done in direct sun light there may have been soap residual left behind and giving the illusions of swirls, but again only a guess.
    mY WASH PROCESS IS 2 BM-SHEEPSKIN PAINT AND MF WASH MIT FOR LOWER ROCKER PANNELS AND DIRTY AREAS.
    USING pb SSS AND BLOTTING DRY W/ WW AFTER BLOWING OFF EXCESS H2O`.
    SS&S good stuff the directions say 1oz - 1 gal... adding just a little more here does not help, this stuff is to be used as directed

Because of the construction you have going on in your driveway there may have been a good chance you have picked up some kind of Contamination and washed it in the the paint but again only a guess.

Even the best of us still have bad washing habits they are extremely hard to break
    One thing I`m a firm believer in is the 2 bucket wash method.. this is where you have a (1) wash bucket and a (2) rinse bucket and the process is:
    1. set up both buckets close to each other,
    2. have hose run "slowly" in the rinse bucket so it spills out over the top.
    3. take a clean wash mitt go from wash water to the surface of car wash in sections (*1) rinsing in between each section
    4. wring it out..
    5. go in to the rinse water.
    6. wring it out.
    7. go back to the wash water.
    8, back to surface of the car.. washing from top down
    this will eliminate a good amount of contamination getting back into your wash water and back on the veh.

(*1) roof... hood... trunk.. front 1/4 panel.. mid 1/4 panel... rear 1/4 panel, saving the lower 1/2 of the veh for last this is the dirtiest of all spots to be cleaned and will need rinsing more often

[QUOTE=JSFM35X;318935] POLISHED THIS CAR AT PB DETAIL WEEKEND IN MID - EARLY JULY. WITH pRO pOLISH AND FINISHED WITH LNB. i HAVE WASHED IT WEEKLY OR PERHAPS A LITTLE LESS AS I AM HAVING CONSTRUCTION DONE ON THE DRIVEWAY.
    i THINK INFINITI WAINT IS ON THE SOFT SIDE. AS FAR A P[OLISHES, I OWN ssr3, 2.5, 1. bLACK hOLE, WHITE DIAMONDS, SPRAY N WIPE, SPRAY N GLOSS, 105, 205, uLTIMA PAINT PREP, 4* SMR, SIMONIZ PROFESSIONAL FINISHING POLISH, 4* FINISHING SPRAY.
    black hole and white diamond are glazes (glazes do not protect) regardless what word you use to describe BH and WD they make paint richer, deeper, wetter looking. and have the ability to hide "some" surface defects. care should be used when covering up a glaze... excessive rubbing could remove a cured glaze.
    spray and wipe/ gloss are a great product for in between washing, S&G has gloss enhancers (one of my favorites)

you are limited with the PC`s on surface correction but the Flex has greater possibilities
    ssr3.. better know your stuff.. this is an aggressive approach and can make a bad day for the inexperienced
    ssr2.5 good all around approach to most defects. with some experience you can go from 2.5 to Pro Polish.
    ssr1 again good stuff,

LOADS OD EDGE PADS RED, BLUE, BLACK, WHITE ORANGE

pc (ORIGINAL) AND fLEX da.

LOOKING FOER THE MAGIC COMBO THAT IS GOOF PROOF. I AM OPEN TO IDEAS.
    Beercan

Post Thanks / Like

What are you doing to check your work to insure it`s actually corrected? Alcohol, Dawn, APC ??
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    What are you doing to check your work to insure it`s actually corrected? Alcohol, Dawn, APC ??
    I usually wipe with a 50/50 IPA, I did not do this the last time I polished simply because I was not at my home and did not have any.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    To my knowledge there are no fillers in PP, Steve told be that the LNB had a small amount of fillers in it. If I were you I would go M-205, white pad on Flex polisher. The non diminishing finish polish gives a uniform finish quality cut that could be further jeweled but may not need to be. I`d look for some shade to work in though.
    I have the 205 so I will give it a run next weekend.

thanks Dave!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the detailed reply. I do know that glazes offer zero protection. Just wanted to list my correction arsenal. I might be overusing the SSS becasue I like the slickness. I guess I felt it was protecting me from swirls. I think my biggest mistake was not doing an IPA wipe down at detail weekend when it the last time I polished. For all I know I never got them out although it did look really good for a few weeks. It was overcast that day if you remember.

My wash process is as you list. 2BM, grits, 2 mits, top to bottom, 1 pannel at a time. Wheels first separate bucket.

Thanks again.

Jeff

[QUOTE=Beercan31;318969]Pro Polish has no fillers in it P.P. is a chemical cleaner and is pad dependant... meaning it will be a more aggressive polish with an aggressive pad. Nattys Liquid Blue as with All waxes will fill to a point.

This is possible but you would of seen the same amount of swirls at the "Detailing Day". with out watching your washing process I could only guess at this point.. because it was done in direct sun light there may have been soap residual left behind and giving the illusions of swirls, but again only a guess.

SS&S good stuff the directions say 1oz - 1 gal... adding just a little more here does not help, this stuff is to be used as directed

Because of the construction you have going on in your driveway there may have been a good chance you have picked up some kind of Contamination and washed it in the the paint but again only a guess.

Even the best of us still have bad washing habits they are extremely hard to break
    One thing I`m a firm believer in is the 2 bucket wash method.. this is where you have a (1) wash bucket and a (2) rinse bucket and the process is:
    1. set up both buckets close to each other,
    2. have hose run "slowly" in the rinse bucket so it spills out over the top.
    3. take a clean wash mitt go from wash water to the surface of car wash in sections (*1) rinsing in between each section
    4. wring it out..
    5. go in to the rinse water.
    6. wring it out.
    7. go back to the wash water.
    8, back to surface of the car.. washing from top down
    this will eliminate a good amount of contamination getting back into your wash water and back on the veh.

(*1) roof... hood... trunk.. front 1/4 panel.. mid 1/4 panel... rear 1/4 panel, saving the lower 1/2 of the veh for last this is the dirtiest of all spots to be cleaned and will need rinsing more often

POLISHED THIS CAR AT PB DETAIL WEEKEND IN MID - EARLY JULY. WITH pRO pOLISH AND FINISHED WITH LNB. i HAVE WASHED IT WEEKLY OR PERHAPS A LITTLE LESS AS I AM HAVING CONSTRUCTION DONE ON THE DRIVEWAY.

black hole and white diamond are glazes (glazes do not protect) regardless what word you use to describe BH and WD they make paint richer, deeper, wetter looking. and have the ability to hide "some" surface defects. care should be used when covering up a glaze... excessive rubbing could remove a cured glaze.
    spray and wipe/ gloss are a great product for in between washing, S&G has gloss enhancers (one of my favorites)

you are limited with the PC`s on surface correction but the Flex has greater possibilities
    ssr3.. better know your stuff.. this is an aggressive approach and can make a bad day for the inexperienced
    ssr2.5 good all around approach to most defects. with some experience you can go from 2.5 to Pro Polish.
    ssr1 again good stuff,

Post Thanks / Like

How bad is the spot I did????

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by holland_patrick View Post
    How bad is the spot I did????
    The spot you did is still perfect. I know its not the products causing my issues and I am trying to improve my skills. Chasing new products is me looking for a product that can compensate for my lack of expertise. I have just about enough knowledge to properly wash, clay, and LSP. The polishing is elusive to me right now.

Thread Information