Copied from another forum where I posted. Thought it might interest one or two people over here.

Just a quick thread on my initial thoughts of Brown Royal cleaner. Quick and dirty...

My father-in-law got some new-to-him wheels for a Jeep he has. There was some foreign substance on the wheels, and he wanted me to look at them for him. He had bought some Eagle One Aluminum Wheel Cleaner to try and remove it, however when we tried it it wasn`t budging. Coincidentally, I had received the package from Flash Detailing Products earlier in the day, so I put the sprayer in the 32 ounce bottle and used it straight out of the container. Other than some really caked on areas, it laughed at what the EO cleaner couldn`t remove. There were a couple spots I used some clay on, but I believe had I let the Brown Royal sit and dwell for a while, it might have broken it up a little more. We were very rushed, and this was spur of the moment, but it gave me time to draft some initial thoughts.

Likes: Product is thick, and it allows it to sit on the wheel. Can use it for both tires and wheels (did a good job on both). The color is unique - you can see where you applied it and where it`s dwelling. Not very strong of a smell. Busted caked on brake dust and grime very easily. Very affordable. Fast shipping. Friendly customer service. Good sprayer on the bottle.

Dislikes: None so far.

I know, very quick and abbreviated. No pics. Maybe next time I can try it at different dilutions and take some photos and draft some more in depth thoughts.

To add:

I had a few minutes to kill just a while ago and mixed up a sprayer approximately 3 parts water to one part Brown Royal to use as a degreaser / cleaner on the undercarriage of my truck. I wanted to see how it would do for this purpose.

Initial thoughts are I might have to use it stronger where not so much agitation is needed. Then again, I have a deer season`s worth of dirt and mud remnants (what the hose won`t wash off). While it performed pretty well and removed a lot of the grime without agitation, some of the heavier areas needed a little more work with a brush and some extra shots of BR to get them acceptably clean. Mind you, I wasn`t really doing an undercarriage cleaning more than I was using the BR out of curiosity.

Diluting it with water doesn`t really change the color of the product. It was still very dark brown even mixed with 75% water.