Post Thanks / Like

Mquiers leather cleaner=Armorall

Is it just me, or does this stuff seem exacly like armorall? I don`t mean armorall leather cleaner, but regular old armorall. I gotta tell ya, i cannot tell the difference. Same milky white look to the liquid, leaves a super shiny slick squeaky finish, smears like grease if you get it on plastic (impossible not to on leather door panels) unless you cover the plastic in it too. The way it goes on is exactly like armorall too. Ugh !

All i can say is i hate armorall and this stuff is the exact same stuff as far as i`m concerned. I just paid $6 to ruin my interior for as long as this stuff lasts. (hopefully not long) I coulda ruined it with armorall a lot cheaper. mquiers (yes, i know the spelling is probably wrong) should consider selling a "leather cleaner remover" ! it would be the only product of thiers i`d ever consider buying after this !

Is there anything that actually cleans an protects and doesn`t look and feel like armourall? This was the second mquiers product i`ve used and the 2nd disappointment. I`m done with them for life. :ticked

Post Thanks / Like
    Try the 4* leather stuff. I hear great things about it. Also, I have read where people on here use the water:Woolite solution to clean leather. What other Mequiar`s product did you use. They have a plethora of products and I am sure you are disappointed with the ones you have used, but I would say it is a harsh judgement on the entire Meg`s product line just because of two of their products that you didn`t like. They have a LOT of other stuff that seems to work great which includes different product lines (consumer, professional, yadda-yadda). Sorry you had a bad experience with it.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did not care for the Megs Gold Class leather cleaner/conditioner. I have tried the foam & spray and was equally disappointed in both - they did not last and you slide all over the place; I can`t even use them on my sofa anymore. You don`t say which Megs product you used. The Medallion leather products are actually very good.

As JaredPointer pointed out (hey, that`s a pun!) the 4* leather cleaner & leather conditioner are great products. After reading a lot of good things about them on here, I bought them and used them last weekend for the first time myself and am VERY happy with them. I plan to use the conditioner monthly and the cleaner every 3 months.

A lot of folks also use Poorboy`s Natural Look on leather; I have not tried it yet, but plan to try it on my sofa. It is very good on vinyl.

***Edit***If you are that unhappy with the product, don`t use it any more. I`d rather throw $6 away than use something I dislike for a year. Heck, you can probably take it back depending on where you bought it. Walmart will take back almost anything even without a receipt.
    Last edited by mtodde; 09-25-2004 at 09:22 PM.
    2004 Toyota Solara SLE V6
    Lunar Mist Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    Try this stuff on tires as Armor All is intended and see what you get. After reading a tip about Mop & Glo floor shine I noticed Meguiar`s former product, Engine Kote, resembled it quite a bit minus a slight yellow tinge and lemony fragrance. EK has no cleaners though. I`ve also seen a similarity between Mothers Clear Coat Polish and AIO. Not necessarily the same thing though.

You`d be surprised how similar certain products can be.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks all. Bill.......are you saying i should try the leather cleaner on my tires? That actually sounds like a good idea because it`s properties seem like thats where they might excel. then again, i never even thought of using armorall on my tires but thinking about it, it seems like it would work well. I`ve been thinking about what to try next on my tires, and i think this might be ja good way to make use of the rest of the bottle, because i`m sure as hell not going to use it on my leather again. Is this 4* leather stuff available at local chains? Because a major consideration for me when choosing products is whether or not they are available locally. I really don`t like depending on online sources for detailing products.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I would say AA`s most typical use is on tires so if the Meguiars stuff is similar, why not? Let us know how it looks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Didn`t work too well on the tires either.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Have you tried calling their Customer Service?

Quote Originally Posted by JaredPointer
    . . . What other Mequiar`s product did you use. They have a plethora of products and I am sure you are disappointed with the ones you have used, but I would say it is a harsh judgement on the entire Meg`s product line just because of two of their products that you didn`t like. They have a LOT of other stuff that seems to work great which includes different product lines (consumer, professional, yadda-yadda). Sorry you had a bad experience with it.

Just a suggestion, try calling the Customer Service Number on the bottle, or try their web-site and see what they (Meguiars) have to say about it.

. . . I`ve never used Meguiar`s leather treatment products, so I`m not defending them, but I do think that you should take it up with Meguiar`s before you go bashing them here on DC.

Norah

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dazco
    Didn`t work too well on the tires either.

So tell us more, what did it look like, dull? blotchy? Do you have AA to compare it to? You might not like to look of either.
    Last edited by Bill D; 09-26-2004 at 06:41 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill D
    So tell us more, what did it look like, dull? blotchy? Do you have AA to compare it to? You might not like to look of either.
    Blotchy is a good description. I don`t use AA but i have in the past and grew out of it you might say. I`m well aware of how AA works, and this stuff seems like the same thing to me. Hope it wears off soon !

I do think that you should take it up with Meguiar`s before you go bashing them here on DC
    hey, i`m just telling it like it is. the stuff works exactly like AA in every way. I`ve used thier gold class wax too and it was one of the worse i`ve used in every way, so i`m just giving my opinion of it...call it what you will, but i don`t see where it would do any good to give glowing reviews of products that I felt were no good. And after trying a couple of thier products which by the way were more expensive than most, and finding them weak at best, that sure doesn`t bode well for that company in my book. I come to forums like this to read the good and bad in hopes of forming an opinion before i buy. I would hope others keep "bashing" products they found lousy too so i can read all opinions and make a decision. What else are we here for?

Post Thanks / Like
    I Strongly recommend the 4* Ultimate Leather Cleaner and 4* Ultimate Leather Conditioner. They work better than any leather products I have used to date and that includes many brands.
    Available at www.premiumautocare.com
    If you are unhappy with a meguiars product(s), call their customer service because they are a first rate company and they stand behind their products.
    Just my opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want to continue to pursue the Megs issue join Meguiarsonline.com and take it up with Mike Phillips. I suspect you may get better customer service through that site instead

Thread Information