Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars soft buff or soft buff 2

Hello everyone, I wanted to see if anyone know the difference between the meguiars soft buff and soft buff 2. I`ve been using ccs pads but they are a little too stiff for my taste. Does any one know how they stack up to each other? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiars soft buff or soft buff 2

The new 2.0 pads have a relief cut into the backside for easier centering and made to be machine washable where it wasn`t recommended for the old pads. The w7207 cutting pad is not recommended for da use but I have found it to be ok with the speed kept at 5 or below.Haven`t tried the Lake County pads yet or the CCS but won a couple of the new LC pads and getting ready to purchase a few more also.Used mostly Meg`s stuff up til now , but always have tried to keep a lookout for improved products that make things easier. Hope this helps .
    Paul S

Post Thanks / Like

I have used a soft buff 2.0 black pad with M205 on my UDM 1.0. I liked it compared to my 5-in black CCS pads since the soft buff are larger and not CCS (no dimples). The CCS dimples seem to trap polish causing little marks on the paint so it does not finish as cleanly so I have switched to flat pads with M105/M205.

Al
    The Need to Bead

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

I`ll throw this out and if anything has changed perhaps someone can comment. It is my understanding that the foam is the same for the polishing pad making the only difference between the two, pad diameter.

I will say that I really like the Meg`s polishing pad, that is the W8006 (6.5") for use with the PC.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks... They don`t make a spot buff yet do they? 3.5-4.5 inch range.

Post Thanks / Like

Update!!! Just used the soft buff 2 cutting pad for the first time and it was great until I washed it once! Now the backing is coming off! Very disappointed in the backing seal to the actual pad. Can`t use it any more...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EMIN007 View Post
    Update!!! Just used the soft buff 2 cutting pad for the first time and it was great until I washed it once! Now the backing is coming off! Very disappointed in the backing seal to the actual pad. Can`t use it any more...
    This is why I have never tried the Meg. pads I have read so many times about them falling apart when washed that I just stay with my LC pads.

I have the LC 6.5 VC pads and they have held up for years been wash many times but I tried the CCS with the dimples in it and it did not last the foam started chucking out at the edge of the dimples.

I looked on AG recently and did not see the 6.5 vc pads if they stopped making them it was a huge mistake best pad on the market I prefer them over the flat pad..
    I use mine on both DA and rotary NO problems.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EMIN007 View Post
    I would guess if you contacted Meguiars customer service that they would be glad to take care of the pad problem. I have hand washed both the new and old series (even though not recommended) pads witout any problem. Paul S

Post Thanks / Like

I have the soft buff 2.0 pads and have always machine washed with no problems as of yet. They are a little worn so they are getting replaced soon. Its a good idea to contact meguiars with any problems with their products, its more than likely they will resolve the issue.

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2old2change View Post
    I would guess if you contacted Meguiars customer service that they would be glad to take care of the pad problem. I have hand washed both the new and old series (even though not recommended) pads witout any problem. Paul S
    Quote Originally Posted by AutoHealer View Post
    I have the soft buff 2.0 pads and have always machine washed with no problems as of yet. They are a little worn so they are getting replaced soon. Its a good idea to contact meguiars with any problems with their products, its more than likely they will resolve the issue.
    My thoughts exactly. And IIRC aren`t the new pads/backings machine washer safe?

Thread Information