Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What I learned at a Ziebart store

From this link

About Valvoline

Valvoline, a brand of Ashland Inc., has been serving American motorists longer than any other motor oil. The Valvoline family of products includes Eagle One appearance products, Car Brite car restoration products, Zerex antifreeze, SynPower performance products, Pyroil automotive chemicals and MaxLife products created for higher-mileage engines. With more than 850 locations throughout the United States, Valvoline Instant Oil Change is a leader in serving the quick lube market.

I thought it sounded familiar, s a quick Google search popped this right up.
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scott P View Post
    From this link

About Valvoline

Valvoline, a brand of Ashland Inc., has been serving American motorists longer than any other motor oil. The Valvoline family of products includes Eagle One appearance products, Car Brite car restoration products, Zerex antifreeze, SynPower performance products, Pyroil automotive chemicals and MaxLife products created for higher-mileage engines. With more than 850 locations throughout the United States, Valvoline Instant Oil Change is a leader in serving the quick lube market.

I thought it sounded familiar, s a quick Google search popped this right up.
    Looks like it is not just Internet hearsay.

I use some of their products and have been happy with them but never bothered with finding out who was behind them.

I live 60 miles from where they are headquartered and while they cater to commercial accounts the route truck goes within a quarter mile of my house and he delivers to my home when I call and place an order.

Post Thanks / Like

Very pushy sales persons. Always trying to push strongly the up-sale for unnecessary services. Person even called me on e to tell me about "all of the scratches on the truck" and how they could be removed for an additional charge of $1,000. I declined and he warned me that if the Diamond Gloss was applied without removing the scratches then they would be sealed in. I declined again and he gave up. I closely inspected the trucks exterior when I picked up the vehicle, I looked very hard for all these "scratches" he was talking about, I certainly didn`t see $1,000 worth of scratches. So basically I paid $197 for a wash and wax. Since the Diamond Gloss doesn`t protect a vehicle, just makes it look nice for a few days.

As far as my car- I have window tint with a "Lifetime Warranty". There are air bubbles in the back window. When I brought it in for "annual service" I pointed this out to the sales person. He stated that they would "Try" to get the air bubbles out, but it is a hard thing to do" The air bubbles are still there. I doubt they even tried, so much for a warranty. Foolishly I did buy into the up-sale and paid an additional $252 for some "interior cleaning and sanitation". This will not happen again. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Post Thanks / Like

The last two vehicles I bought. I told the salesman upfront. I don`t want any protection application to the interior or exterior. I don`t want any extra warranty. I told them I`m not being rude. I understand you are told you push these as part of your job. I will however get up and walk out e door if these are pushed at me. I don`t have the time to listen to the pitch. I also from the very beginning state I will not talk payments, I will only talk price of car. I have and will walk away from pushy sales, and not just car sales. I refuse to play that game. There`s to many options out there to deal with that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coleroad View Post
    .. I have and will walk away from pushy sales, and not just car sales. I refuse to play that game..
    Glad to hear that. (Regulars here know how I am about this topic ).

m2270e8- Welcome to Autopia! IMO you`re lucky that the truck wasn`t that bad, virtually every vehicle on the road needs significant correction, maybe even more than $1K worth (I don`t know from today`s Pro rates, but I`d never correct a truck for just $1K). OTOH, the Glass Tint experience sounds terrible! Sounds like they didn`t even explain what they (presumably) did to try to fix it...no chance of getting satisfaction through the owner of the business?

Post Thanks / Like

While we’re rehashing this old thread, I paid the extra $300-400 for my wife’s car a few years ago before I jumped back into detailing and realized how foolish it was. The brand is “ ” and came with the maintenance pack. I had not bought a car in 10 years at the time and had not detailed my own car in 8-10 years... these were dark times.

Anyways, long story short, $10k-20k later I have a new hobby and way better stuff to put on my cars... and this came as a result of me researching what was the “new, best things” after feeling dumb from that scam.

It’s arguable whether there is any happy ending to this story or just a massive amount of money out my pocket... but at least I’m happy being innocent for the last 3 years! Priceless?!?

Post Thanks / Like

acuRAS82- IMO...YES, that, uhm... Learning Experience was priceless- You`re *happy* about the Detailing now, and that`s what counts. Often it can take a [crappy] experience to really motivate change, and all`s well that ends well.
    Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

No longer, Valveoline sold off the Carbrite and Eagle One brands about 3 years ago to a venture capital group.
    "Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:
    Likes Coleroad liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information