First of all, I`m sorry for the lack of pictures here. I`ll try to add a picture later, but I don`t have my camera with me and its not my vehicle that I used it on. I`ll take pictures next time. I did this detail durring a time of the day when the sun wasn`t really up and I am dead set against taking pictures of cars in the shade when I am trying to give an honest review and impression of a product. Pictures in the shade show absolutely nothing.

I`ve had NXT since they presold it a month before it came out. It has just been too crappy outside to use it. I finally got a chance to use it on this truck that I maintain about once a month. The last time I touched it was in October and he got the typical end of year treatment. He chose UPP instead of the SG that I suggested because he likes the look of UPP better. Who am I to argue with the customer?

The truck was in pretty good shape after the winter. Its a brand new `03 Dodge Dakota with shell. I`ve been taking care of it once a month since the day he bought it and I`ve done my best to keep up with the automatic car wash swirl marks he has installed every week or two. Normally he just wants me to give it a good cleaning including the engine and interior and all that fun stuff. For spring he wanted basically the same thing. He said that swirl removal wasn`t a huge concern right now and he just wanted it cleaned up for now. Time was sort of an issue too.

So I take the truck home and start working on it. My initial plan was to just clay it and throw on a coat of AIO or something like that. If I am just going to have to strip it all off in a month so I can DACP and do the job right then there is no sense in wasting good product, right? Well, I finished with the interior and the engine and the bed and decided to give the bottle of NXT on my shelf a shot. It is supposed to `eliminate swirls` (how to you eliminate by filling? :dunno) and all that, so I figure its a good time to try it. The truck really wasn`t that bad off so either way I figured it would look fine.

First impressions
NXT does not spread nearly as well as UPP does. I applied with my PC and a red Meguiar`s pad. I figure that the red pad might help a bit with the swirls. I had to apply product to the pad at least 10 times. On this truck it has never taken me more than 4 applications of UPP to my pad to do the whole thing (including the roof of the shell and everything). This stuff doesn`t spread well at all. At least, it doesn`t spread well by PC with a red Meguiar`s pad.

The smell isn`t all that bad. I kept trying to place it. Its kind of fruity somehow. Kind of like a fruity bathroom air freshener or something like that.

Removal was simple. It buffs off really nicely. Very much like UPP in the way that it comes off. It didn`t streak or haze or anything. I like that part.

Appearance the next day
It was evening when I finished and I couldn`t really tell how it looked. It looked better than when I picked it up so I was pleased so far. One good thing about the lighting that I had was that if there were any streaks then I would have seen them. So again, A+ on the no streaking factor

I walked outside to check it out and was very impressed at first. The truck was parked near a chain link fence and it seemed to disappear into the fence because the reflections were so deep. It looked really nice. For an off the shelf product I don`t think I have ever seen its equal in any PepBoys or AutoZone.

I did notice that it didn`t do a whole lot for the swirls. I could see that they were a little diminished, but it wasn`t a difference that the untrained eye who didn`t observe the `before` very closely. So I have to give it a solid `C` for swirl removing ability. I`d rate it up there with #9, PPCL, and GEPC/SEPC.

Now for what I really think....
While I still think that it is a great product for an off the shelf `wax`, I can`t deny that the appearance was a little plasticy. It looked to me like immatation gloss and depth. You know how you can always tell when someone is trying to copy something? Hyundai has a new car out that "looks" like a Mercedes. No matter how hard they try, it will always be a Hyundai and if you look closely at the things that matter then you will see the difference. That is how NXT is. For all the postitive things it has, it still looks like it is trying to copy something else.

The appearance on this truck was outstanding, but it wasn`t UPP. UPP has always made the truck (which is light blue) deeper and more reflective. The colors it reflects with UPP make the blue turn to purple and red and green. It really brings out the metal flake in the paint and blows my mind. NXT didn`t do any of that. It was very glossy, but that`s about it. You know how SG is kind of hard and sterile shine? NXT is similar only it is what I can only describe as `sterile gloss`. Not that its a bad thing, its just what I call it.

Conclusion
NXT is a great product if you don`t have access to anything else. I would choose it over Gold Class or DuraGloss or anything else off the shelf. With proper prep work in the form of clay and polish, I think this would be a fantastic addition to anyone`s detailing regiment. However, if you have access to ordering online then 4 Star Ultimate Paint Protection is a better bang for the buck and certianly pleases me more than NXT does.

This is just one man`s review of the product. Opinions vary and this was just my first test with it. I`m sure that results and my opinion will change as I try it on other surfaces and other colors. For now, this post is my honest opinion of a very nice product.