Post Thanks / Like

How to Video`s or U-Tube Videos

Is there anyone else besides me that thinks that manufacturers should, in this day and age be showing us how to use their products? Certianly streaming video and u tube have lowered the cost to where any size company can accomplish this without breaking the bank.

I recently attended a detailing weekend event at Poorboys in Nyack, NY. I got a great education on how to use their products and in detailing in general. I guess that if I was not lucky to hear about it and close enought to drive there I would still be using polishes wrong and trying to correct with the wrong equipment and pads.

Video`s show you what a 300 word post can`t convey. I guess some poeple learn better hands on and others from a manual.

My biggest problem was I was not breaking down the polishes enough or working them long enough. In addition, I was not applying enough pressure. I was always afraid of taking off too much clear coat.

I was lucky enought to have a great experience at PB`s and now they have a loyal customer. If you can educate someone, show them how to be sucessfull with your product, you have them hooked(IMHO).

Will I ever try another product in the future? When a new technology emerges that get good reviews from people I respect I am sure I will, but for the foreseeable future I have enough product to do my cars many many times over.

I would call this Show and Sell marketing.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How to Video`s or U-Tube Videos

We definitely agree!

YouTube - autogeek`s Channel

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I missed my window for making how to`s unless I find a nice cool garage lit well enough. I am planning on a bunch of how-to videos soon but I`m waiting for nicer weather.

Steve I think videos would be a great idea for you.

Good promo tool for your distributors to put on their Poorboy`s pages.

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If you were to search YouTube by manufacturer`s name you might find a few already there. Besides AG, there are ones from Megs, Mothers etc. as well as some from independents/small guys.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Founder Poorboy's World Poorboy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Troy@DetailCity View Post
    I missed my window for making how to`s unless I find a nice cool garage lit well enough. I am planning on a bunch of how-to videos soon but I`m waiting for nicer weather.

Steve I think videos would be a great idea for you.

Good promo tool for your distributors to put on their Poorboy`s pages.
    It`s been offered and considered, but i`m not convinced that a video will really teach people to detail. I believe that hands on teaching is the only real way to show people. No two people work exactly the same or encounter the same exact problems. Every day in detailing is a new challenge with an unsuspecting problem lying in the bush.
    Jeff, I`m glad you could attend as well as all the other people who picked up a rotary, flex, or PC for the first time, but i doubt you would have gotten as much out of a video as someone standing over your shoulder giving tips as you went along.
    Maybe I need to have more of these Detailing weekends and workshops, we are having another October 3 & 4 as the schedule stands now, but I can`t foresee videos as a replacement for hands on experience. Yes, I will admit that they could be used as guidelines, but too many people, especially newbees, might think it was gospel and think that deviating from what they saw on a video is wrong.
    Detailing is not brain surgery or a science.

i could be wrong
    life is short ..do it while you can

e-mail info@poorboysworld.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big Leegr View Post
    If you were to search YouTube by manufacturer`s name you might find a few already there. Besides AG, there are ones from Megs, Mothers etc. as well as some from independents/small guys.
    Actually, I got the idea for my post from the Meg`s website. I loved seeing the before, in process and finished results. Everyone learns differently and i am a visual/hands on learner. I would be too afraid to tackle polishing my car with a machine without supervison or watching it done before hand.

Thread Information